Does anyone elses 360 make weird beep noises?

ever since i downloaded the new patch my 360 freezes a lot, like it's practically unplayable. any ideas? what should i do?

Wrap it in a towel and see if that fixes it.

ever since i downloaded the new patch my 360 freezes a lot, like it's practically unplayable. any ideas? what should i do?

If it's on certain games you can try deleting the saves. It's possible the saved games have become corrupted.

anyone else have slow sign in after downloading the new patch??

Yeah mine's been slower. I don't get any weird beep noise, occaisonally a weird clicking noise but that's just when I get the unplayable disc message.

Wrap it in a towel and see if that fixes it.
are you serious?
If it's on certain games you can try deleting the saves. It's possible the saved games have become corrupted.
i'm pretty sure its every game, i guess it started freezing a bit before the update, only like twice though, but since its like every 10 minutes. Oblivion is the only game i've played though since, but the Bioshock demo freezes too, so i assume it's everything

Yes. The towel will absorb heat and draw it away from your machine. Go ahead and wrap your console up (make sure it's not a little thin hair towel thing, it needs to be something that can absorb something, you know), and leave your machine on for a few hours and see if the problems still occur.

are you serious?

i'm pretty sure its every game, i guess it started freezing a bit before the update, only like twice though, but since its like every 10 minutes. Oblivion is the only game i've played though since, but the Bioshock demo freezes too, so i assume it's everything

Wrapping an Xbox360 in an insulator is not a good idea. It needs to be properly ventilated like any other piece of electronic equipment.

I suggest going to MajorNelson.com and looking for an answer there.

Well...I got the friggin' red lights of death for the second time. Microsoft is gonna take care of it of course, but it sucks being without my Bioware games for a few days!!! :mad: I think once this gets repaired I'm going to upgrade to the Falcon chip as soon as I can find one.

well i ended up getting the red lights, so i sent it away on the 17 and got it back today, wasn't expecting it so soon

Well...I got the friggin' red lights of death for the second time. Microsoft is gonna take care of it of course, but it sucks being without my Bioware games for a few days!!! :mad: I think once this gets repaired I'm going to upgrade to the Falcon chip as soon as I can find one.

Microsoft should send you a Falcon replacement. They don't make the old kinds anymore so they won't have non-Falcons in stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"