Does anyone think a Marvel Knights team book could work now?

GNR

Avenger
Reaction score
Before the usuals bite my head off,hear me out:

Daredevil has been one of the most talked about and praised books in the past year or 2.

Moon Knight has been a big hit among fans with his brutal reintroduction.

Punisher has made a comeback into the MU in DD,CW and in his new book,which is showing some real promise.

Iron Fist makes his solo debut next week and is yet another urban/street hero making a resurgence.

I know when the original MK book came out,alot of these characters weren't exactly being talked about as much as they are now.I threw Iron Fist in just because he's a street hero.

Now I know a book teaming these guys all up has a good chance of delivering some formulaic plots and falling flat.

But with the recent resurgence of Marvel's street heroes,how well do you think it would do?

No, because at their core 3 out of those 4 characters dont work well with teams.

Darthphere said:
No, because at their core 3 out of those 4 characters dont work well with teams.

And there in lies the attraction. Watching them all square off with each other while trying to function on a mission together would be gold, imo.

It only works as a mini...The Marvel Knights characters really aren't teamsters...Which is why I guess it confused me when Spider-man and the Fantastic Four got knighted. :confused:

CaptainStacy said:
And there in lies the attraction. Watching them all square off with each other while trying to function on a mission together would be gold, imo.
I share that opinion. I like this team more than the New Avengers. :o

CaptainStacy said:

Actually no, thats annoying, cliche, boring and oldhat.

I'd read it.

And as for groups with people who don't work well together on a team, what about the Defenders?

Hulk, Namor, and Surfer aren't really team kinda guys. Especially Hulk and Namor. Strange doesn't even seem right on a team. But hey, it worked.

Mr. Green said:
I'd read it.

And as for groups with people who don't work well together on a team, what about the Defenders?

Hulk, Namor, and Surfer aren't really team kinda guys. Especially Hulk and Namor. Strange doesn't even seem right on a team. But hey, it worked.

It worked, then it got boring when every mission was, lets fight for half an issue and then work it out in time to beat the bad guy. Its got boring and thats why Defenders failed. Same for the Champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"