Bought/Thought for 9/6/07; SPOILERS INSIDE!!

Okay, I am gonna call "******o" on this. As in, "you are." It isn't like Bendis has Night Nurse dating Iron Fist, ignoring what BKV set up. He just hasn't mentioned anything about the relationship.:whatever:

They are different things. I guess to satisfy Dread, Bendis has to reference every minute personal detail of each Avenger in each issue now.:whatever: He hasn't picked up on it in what, 5 months? 5 issues? Quit being a crybaby, Dread

especially since they were holed up in Doc Strange's mansion for so many issues. Could Night Nurse just walk up to the abandoned soon-to-be Starbucks while Tony was scoping it out?:rolleyes: Not much time has really passed in that book

See, if you're gonna whine, whine about how Bendis dragged out the first post-CW NA arc out so long. Oh wait. You already have. 400 times.

I don't demand much. Night Nurse in the background in some panels, saying nothing. That alone would suffice for me. I mean, after all, she is supposed to be living there since her practice was burnt down.

I actually do expect Bendis to eventually touch on it. But he usually takes his time with certain things. Would one line in reference really kill him, especially when he wastes entire pages of useless dialogue? Like one less "Luke's Skrull Paranoia" line per issue would have ruined the plot.

Y'know, when I saw that the last poster of the thread was NOT JAKE, I literally thought, "I made a few long winded rants, I wonder if he replied to me." Lo and behold. :word:

Okay, I am gonna call "******o" on this.

I'm gonna call "******o" on anyone who calls "******o" on things.

And yes that includes myself for this post.

fifthfiend, I'll marry you if you admit I'm better than you. because otherwise, I like you. Okay shut up. I'm marrying photojones now

Wouldn't one need a heart in the first place for it to be considered heartbreak?

Jake's got a heart. It's shriveled and looks like a walnut on a bad day, but he's got one. How else could he give Whedon his undying love?

I thought it was BrianWilly who lived behind Whedon's left nut...:confused:

Jake used to be funny sometimes. Now, he's just unfunny all the time. :down

Jake used to be funny sometimes. Now, he's just unfunny all the time. :down
Ugh you're still sore about that Wieringo thing?:whatever:

if it's any consolation when I first saw "Ringo died" as a thread title on another forum I felt terrible. Until I realized it wasn't another Beatle

That's good.

I considered a quote by quote debate, but, eh, not in the mood. I'm a Bendis Basher and you're one of those Devil's Advocate guys. It would go in circles and bore everyone else.

Sales, as was mentioned before. Also, influence. With sales, Bendis has become an "influential writer". That is, the ideas he puts forth "influences" the editors and other writers. M-Day, for example, was all him, and it left the X-Books in a lurch for almost 2 years (even if some of the mutants he personally depowered, like Iceman, were "repowered" by now).

The irony is when someone chages something about one of HIS characters, he usually completely ignores it; he's had about 5 months to work with the fact that BKV had Night Nurse start dating Dr. Strange, and he hasn't. I actually believe it will be referenced at some point, but it should have been handled more organically.

Think about it; Bendis brings up something that challenges Hulk's status quo in a one-shot, and it has to be either accepted or explained away with comic baloney. BKV has something rather dramatic happen to one of Bendis' character creations (Night Nurse, or at least the current one) in a mini-series, and Bendis hasn't even had her appear in the background of Dr. Strange's lair. It is this sort of thing that leads some of us to believe there is favoritism. And while it makes sense, I can't remember any time in the past where a single writer had so much power over not only the characters in their ongoings, but any character they decide to use.

I agree, he doesn't reciprecate or acknowledge when another writer adds something of worth or at least a new interesting detail that probaly improves the concept. If it isn't his grand idea then it isn't worth much to him and if he does appropriate a new character he tends to totally go against the initial characterization or makes it more complicated then it needs to be.

Think about it; in an issue of New Avengers, Bendis could very well claim that Spider-Man has been a Skrull since the 90's, and EVERY SINGLE COMIC BOOK would have to adhere to that or somehow banish it. Meanwhile, expect that nothing, or very little of, what that happens to Cage or Rand in IRON FIST will come up in NA, including new powers.

I can sorta forgive that if he wrote the issue prior to what Brubaker/Fraction is doing in Immortal Ironfist. Yet at the same time its not like he can't pick up a cell phone and ask Bru or god forbid an editor whats coming up with such and such character.

There is as of yet no catch term for, "a ham-fisted reveletion that undoes a retcon". Call it a Mr. Salty.

If you noticed Dan Slott for example didn't really start getting support from Marvel until he got with the "program" and started taking all his ques from what Bendis is doing, Which he was from the start. Dan was just good about writing around Bendis' crap and debunking or finding loopholes in Bendis' continuity to tell his stories.

I'm pretty sure the fan uproar about Slott's awesomeness helped a lot, too ;)

I remember there was some interview with Bendis awhile back where they were talking about the craft of writing and the interviewer was like "oh so what are some times as a writer when you've had to kill your darlings", and Bendis' response was like "What no, they're my darlings." I always thought that said pretty much everything about him that needed to be said.

Dude, speaking about this, I got Whirlysplat following me around keeping track of my post count. It's coming dude, it's coming.

I'm hardly on enough to follow anyone much but I do like to see how your post count is doing and it's gone up again!!!!!!!

I'm hardly on enough to follow anyone much but I do like to see how your post count is doing and it's gone up again!!!!!!!

You're not following me, yet you bumped up a 3 week old thread to respond to that. Yes, I must be going crazy.:whatever:

You're not following me, yet you bumped up a 3 week old thread to respond to that. Yes, I must be going crazy.:whatever:

I actually searched my name and found the only two times it had been mentioned in recent weeks was by you, claiming I was following you so i thought i'd reply. You're post counts gone up again.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"