Superman Returns Does Brandon smile in the final shot?

It was a fantastic Christopher Reeve tribute, even if they did mess up with the proper tribute in where it was placed.

Captain Villa said:
It was a fantastic Christopher Reeve tribute, even if they did mess up with the proper tribute in where it was placed.
chris and dana reeve at the end of the credits? :confused:

i dont think they could f... up more than they did.:mad::down

they didn't have to tribute them, but they did.

it will probably move for the longer version.

ROBOCOP CPU001 said:
they didn't have to tribute them, but they did.

it will probably move for the longer version.

Indeed but where they did place it, I found sort of insulting.

Surely after Brandons last shot, we could have gotten a black screen with a single tribute......then the credits.

Captain Villa said:
Indeed but where they did place it, I found sort of insulting.

Surely after Brandons last shot, we could have gotten a black screen with a single tribute......then the credits.

agreed..

to me things looked out of place.. certain bits of music didn't mix right.. certain scenes looked like they needed more..

i will look forward to seeing an extended version.

Those of you who are going to Comic Con, if you get a chance to ask Singer a question, please notify him that the fans really really want an Extended Cut of Superman Returns!

Geoffrey Unsworth's tribute is right at the start of the first Superman movie.

Kevin Roegele said:
Geoffrey Unsworth's tribute is right at the start of the first Superman movie.
And Unsworth was one of the people directly responsible for the great production of that movie. Reeve, while being most notably identified with the Superman character, was not directly responsable in any way for the making of Superman Returns...so his tribute at the end of the film (and only because he was recently deceased) is understandable and acceptable in my opinion.

He smiled, it just wasn't a toothy one.

tztrz6346346ererrz6.jpg

Bryan:"Okay Brandon, I want you to vogue for the final shot!"

C. Lee said:
And Unsworth was one of the people directly responsible for the great production of that movie. Reeve, while being most notably identified with the Superman character, was not directly responsable in any way for the making of Superman Returns...so his tribute at the end of the film (and only because he was recently deceased) is understandable and acceptable in my opinion.

:up: Good call.

The tribute to the Reeves was buried in the end credits though - it should have either been at the very start of the movie, or at the very end, before the closing credits.

There is a little bit of a smirk that you can see starting from there to the next millisecond.

He does give a little bit of a bigger smirk just before this when he is cruising in the clouds.

Saw it again last night and remembered this thread.

I actually watcherd it on a "huge" screen too.......if there was a smile it was very feint.

He doesn't smile at us like Reeve did, he gives a very small smirk as he exits top left. The script called for a smile though.

EXT. SPACE - DAWN

In the tradition of films past, Superman flies into the heavens. He smiles at us, then turns and soars toward the sunrise. A magnificent dawn breaks, casting a warm glow over the planet.

Captain Villa said:
Thats not in question........it is, does he smile at "us" as Chris Reeve did.
-- Well, he is smiling towards earth, so technically he is smiling at "us". :p :D

fceeviper said:
-- Well, he is smiling towards earth, so technically he is smiling at "us". :p :D

1qu0.png

"You're not seeing the big picture here..." We are refering to his last flyby across the screen from center to top left ala Reeve. He has a slight smirk there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"