Does Thor know?

King Ruler

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since Loki was the one who revealed to Deadpool that the universe they exist in is merely a comic book, does that mean that Thor also knows this? And what ramifications do you think such knowledge would have on the entire Marvel verse if Loki or Deadpool were to reveal this?

Just something I thought about waking up.

I wouldn't take that particularly seriously

i know, but it just kinda makes you wonder, like how would the world react to that? Would they have a nervous breakdown a la Jack Slater in "The Last Action Hero"? I think it'd be pretty funny.

I doubt Thor would know. While Thor's smart, he's smart in terms of experiance. Loki is much more the intelectual. It would make sense that he'd find something like that out and Thor wouldn't.

King Ruler said:
Since Loki was the one who revealed to Deadpool that the universe they exist in is merely a comic book, does that mean that Thor also knows this? And what ramifications do you think such knowledge would have on the entire Marvel verse if Loki or Deadpool were to reveal this?

I wouldnt trust too much what the Trickster god tells you

The Question said:
I doubt Thor would know. While Thor's smart, he's smart in terms of experiance. Loki is much more the intelectual. It would make sense that he'd find something like that out and Thor wouldn't.
I imagine Thor would've garnered that particular bit of knowledge along with all the other intimate knowledge of the universe he gained while hanging from Yggdrasil. His wisdom was supposed to surpass Odin's by the time he was done with all those tests.

But ultimately I agree with Guyver: Deadpool's comic was never meant to be taken seriously.

In all likely hood it would be like Morrison's Animal Man. Everybody would only care if the writer wanted them to care. They would react the way they are written to react. And at the moment, they are written to react as if that business between DP and Loki never happened.

Anubis said:
In all likely hood it would be like Morrison's Animal Man. Everybody would only care if the writer wanted them to care. They would react the way they are written to react. And at the moment, they are written to react as if that business between DP and Loki never happened.

Considering Deadpool...I would doubt even DP remembers it happening.

Of course he does, he is constantly breaking the fourth wall.

Unleashed said:
Of course he does, he is constantly breaking the fourth wall.

You take all the fun out of talking about DP.

Don't take comic characters knowin' they're in a comic-book seriously. The FF know aswell.

What moron decided to write a story that had the characters find out that they are really living in a comic book?
That just sounds like the stupidest idea i've ever heard

Depends entirely on how it's pulled off. Read Morrison's Animal Man. Trust me. It'll blow you're mind.

newmexneon said:
What moron decided to write a story that had the characters find out that they are really living in a comic book?
That just sounds like the stupidest idea i've ever heard

that would be Joe Kelly, Grant Morrison, and Mark Waid. And on each instance, it was a really well done story

edit:wait, no, Joe Kelly didn't write that DP... was it Christopher Priest? I think so

Don't forget the most well-known case of fourth-wall breaking... John Byrne's Sensational She-Hulk.

I seem to remember the FF talkin' ta Jack Kirby in heaven? Like he was god? Or somethin' along those lines.

all it would show was that they existed in another dimension to our own and there are certainly aware of parallel dimensions.

i dont think it would cause that much hassle to realise what's going on.

The only reason Loki told Deadpool is because Deadpool is completely insane, and no one will believe him anyway.

King Ruler said:

Deadpool comics are like Garth Ennis' Marvel comics - out of continuity. :)

This is the most current Thor-related thread, so I'll just throw this in here. It's from the most recent Joe Fridays interview at Newsarama.
Newsarama said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NRAMA: THOR [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Best suited for ongoing solo, limited series, or cast member? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: All of the above. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Why it worked/didn’t work in the past: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: Thor is an odd character within the context of the Marvel Universe, in many ways his creation, his origin didn’t follow the Marvel method so to speak. In some ways I always found it hard to explain the presence of a God walking through the Marvel Universe. But, Thor was always a very cool character to me as a kid and I always loved his look and the badass hammer. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Over the years I think a lot of damage was done to Thor with too many changes to the core of the character. Of course I understand while all of this was done, it was with the best of intentions because we all want to see a healthy Thor title that kicks major butt. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What it would need to work today? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: I think it’s going to take some work. You need to sprinkle a bit of the old school Thor into a new model. You need to make him relatable because a God is a bit difficult for someone to completely understand and project himself or herself into unless there’s something of ourselves that we see within that character. I also believe the world of Asgard and the Asgardians themselves are ripe for a new interpretation and look. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Odds of seeing a new starring project in the next 2 years: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]JQ: 80%[/FONT]
Every time someone says Thor or any high-power character isn't relatable, I want to smack them. Not all characters need to be Peter Parker variants to be enjoyable. :o

TheCorpulent1 said:
This is the most current Thor-related thread, so I'll just throw this in here. It's from the most recent Joe Fridays interview at Newsarama.

Every time someone says Thor or any high-power character isn't relatable, I want to smack them. Not all characters need to be Peter Parker variants to be enjoyable. :o

Exactly. Just look at the love fans have for Gandalf or in the tone of comics Dream and Lucifer over in Vertigo?

And who can forget the bit with Peter and Stark over in ASM where they give a quick, rediculous explanation of MJ's arm healing, then both look to the reader? Priceless.

And expect more of this nonsense once Stephen King gets around to writing The Dark Tower.

Well take into account that with all the alternate universes. I dont think being a comic book in another universe is a big deal.

Deadpool is certainly in continuity...and I believe that an in continuity revelation that the Marvel U is simply artwork and NOT an alternate universe should never have been mentioned...

This is off-topic sorta...but an issue of Deadpool also featured the reanimated corpse of Bucky...so Bucky did in fact die in continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"