Don't Be A Fat Head, Come Describe A Hype Memeber With A YouTube Clip!

Visiting SuperHeroHype after a long time, looking back at your favorite threads of yonder seeing not much has changed.

What played when Victarion stabbed Reek in the back

[YT]Qimg3WFZukw[/YT]

When I campaign for myself, people vote for the other person. So I decided to vote for Jokes to get people to vote for Reek.

Victarion:

[YT]DNdSXHAu2QQ[/YT]

When a family member invites over a friend without giving you a heads-up, but you still try to make them feel at home

[YT]M6GIbICDY0s[/YT]

Looking forward to the Doctor Strange premiere and getting high as balls.

[YT]5dbG4wqN0rQ[/YT]

Me reading the Power Rangers thread:

[YT]iGbEjET1BNw[/YT]

I don't want to say this but I have read the PR thread for a while now, wanting to get a handle on the fandom. I mean... Outside of nostalgia for nostalgia's sake, what's the attraction? Lo' these many months and years now my conclusion is:
[YT]NDTwS7psDbA[/YT]

I was five years old when Mighty Morphin Power Rangers hit it big. I was crazy about it back then, but I definitely outgrew it. Growing up, there's stuff like Star Wars or certain Disney films that you can watch as an adult and still enjoy it just as much as you did when you were a kid and then there's stuff like Power Rangers, Transformers, and Ninja Turtles that just aren't the same.

Yeah, I love Power Rangers... but Power Rangers is in that group of nostalgia where it's strictly nostalgia that doesn't hold up like Ninja Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, the list goes on. Try watching an episode of Spider-Man TAS, chances are it isn't just as you remembered it.

I would actually give a leg up to TF and TMNT in the sense that at least the original versions most people were exposed to initially had likable characters with distinct personalities and those things have been built on as those franchises have continued.

Optimus Prime and Megatron are iconic, truly. Sure the other Transformers were broadly drawn characters in the G1 toon but they had truly distinct mannerisms and quirks and designs that made them easy to tell apart (something the Bay films botched for sure). TMNT, whether comics, toons or films, is about the interplay of the four brothers, again, each with characteristics that, while broad, are linked with each individual.

MMPR? There's no "there" there. The situations, the characters... They've never been about anything other than the boilerplate "lessons" of any given episode. The characters (and actors) are so flavorless with little distinction. Of course they are color coded... How else could you tell them apart?

9I7crTw.gif

I pray none of you live to see the day with this is only the second most horrific divorce you hear of.

[YT]RYtQMhnBtTw[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"