doommachine's art thread

doommachine said:
Short Story:

Pictures of a snowman that I made:
P1010111.jpg

P1010119.jpg

OMG! I love these!

Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to higher art education. I probably won't be on the boards as much as I am now due to increased workload, but that won't start until september, so you're stuck with me! :p

I'm currently working on a Hulk vs Wolvie pic set in the desert. Not sure if I want Wolverine to look like. I'm going between old brown/yellow-orange costume or naked Weapon X version. Thoughts?

Can't stand Ultimate Wolverine... and by drifter do you mean like his 'normal' clothes? Flannel and jeans perhaps? I was thinking about that too... just trying to narrow it down a little because there's so much to choose from with him.

Also never really been a fan of the Cowboy hat on him. It fits pretty well with his character, but come on. He's Canadian. If I feel really industrious I might do 3 versions with each different Wolverine.... that would be cool. I'd have to draw them separately though. Not impossible but more work.... Who knows. So far all I've done is thumbnail it.

Ok, finally some updates. Here's the Wolverine vs Hulk stuff. The lineart is done, but it's a little cluttered because I chose not to use blacks on this pic. So to keep it coherent I put in some rough colors. Please let me know which one you think is the best because I don't want to end up coloring 3 :p.

HulkVsWolverine_SC_Norm.jpg

HulkVsWolverine_SC_X.jpg

HulkVsWolverine_SC_Cos.jpg

I don't know if anyone remembers the Raedlok Species I created? Well here's a lineup I did of the various races.

Raedlok_Lineup.jpg

Some t-shirt designs I'm working on. Any opinions on placement, color, or text ideas are very welcome.

GnomeShirts.jpg

GnomeShirts_Blue.jpg

C+C always welcome!

doommachine said:
Thanks guys. I'm really looking forward to higher art education. I probably won't be on the boards as much as I am now due to increased workload, but that won't start until september, so you're stuck with me! :p

I'm currently working on a Hulk vs Wolvie pic set in the desert. Not sure if I want Wolverine to look like. I'm going between old brown/yellow-orange costume or naked Weapon X version. Thoughts?

Totally go w/ the brown/orange . . . I love that costume, and wish he would have kept that one as opposed to the yellow/blue!! I mean, a YELLOW costume! He can't sneak around in that thing

BTW, congratulations on the Kubert Art school . . . we might actually see DreamCatcher actually being published, which sucks because that means I really have to finish my dream-world comic first! (I was formerly Jack Bristow)

Victor Garber said:
Totally go w/ the brown/orange . . . I love that costume, and wish he would have kept that one as opposed to the yellow/blue!! I mean, a YELLOW costume! He can't sneak around in that thing

BTW, congratulations on the Kubert Art school . . . we might actually see DreamCatcher actually being published, which sucks because that means I really have to finish my dream-world comic first! (I was formerly Jack Bristow)

Yeah I've always preferred the old costume. The yellow/blue was way out of character and the blue shoulder things didn't make any sense. I mean, how can you move around with those things?

Thanks, yeah my intention was always to publish the Dreamcatcher story. I've developed a lot of his story line, but he's kind of on hold for a little while until I can learn more about writing for comics. :D

Jack Bristow, Victor Garber, same thing. :p I was a huge Alias fan up until this season. Not nearly enough Rembaldi. That stuff was always my favorite thing about the show. Why'd you change names?

Vote for me in the Original Characters Contest!!! Vote Dreamcatcher please!

I like your star wars stuff.. do some more star wars stuff! I love SW!!

SithXKosan said:
I like your star wars stuff.. do some more star wars stuff! I love SW!!

WOW! congrats!! Go for it!!
Thanks! I'll try to do more SW stuff. Got a lot on my plate at the moment.

:p Thanks again, I will!

doommachine said:
Yeah I've always preferred the old costume. The yellow/blue was way out of character and the blue shoulder things didn't make any sense. I mean, how can you move around with those things?

Thanks, yeah my intention was always to publish the Dreamcatcher story. I've developed a lot of his story line, but he's kind of on hold for a little while until I can learn more about writing for comics. :D

Jack Bristow, Victor Garber, same thing. :p I was a huge Alias fan up until this season. Not nearly enough Rembaldi. That stuff was always my favorite thing about the show. Why'd you change names?

Vote for me in the Original Characters Contest!!! Vote Dreamcatcher please!

I've just been getting into Alias, and catching up on DVD; I'm about to start season 4 . . . I know this sounds like I'm making it up, but I didn't want to even watch the show, because I have this huge, epic comic book idea about a CIA agent, and the things I heard about the show were often similar.

Basically, I always feel like my ideas get stolen before I can produce them!! The whole prophecy element, and linking the main character to ancient peoples, texts, etc.!!! It's so frustrating. I don't care if I sound like I'm full of shyt, I'm soooo dead serious!! No offense to you for stealing my idea :D

Of course the show also has a lot of cool things that I haven't thought of, so I'll just steal those! Like all the cool techie gear, and character arcs; that's the stuff I need to study.

I feel embarassed about the name thing; Jack Bristow was on a temporary ban for posting an inappropriate pic (which was high-larious); and I just couldn't stay away; should have picked a less obvious ALIAS, you could say! LOL!!

I'm hoping I don't get stuck w/ this ID forever, though!!

lol... alias... hahaha. Bummer about getting banned. Isn't there some kind of warning system?

doommachine said:
lol... alias... hahaha. Bummer about getting banned. Isn't there some kind of warning system?

Yes, a system that my dumb-@$$ did not heed! All those posts down the drain!!!!!! :mad:

You drew Wolverine naked lol
icon12.gif

Anyway, great stuff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"