doommachine's art thread

Wow, I can't believe I haven't posted this stuff before. It's all a little old but still pretty cool. Some..... ANIMATIONS!

That's right, it's been a while but I've done my share of animating, both by hand and with Flash (also some 3D, but not much). Most of these are SWF (Flash format) so I'll have to link them, but I do have some Gifs.

These are pretty old. I drew each frame by hand with my tablet.
headrotate2.gif

hand-anim.gif

Thumbnails:

A transforming robot I made for a Star Wars rpg titled the Sith Tand Droid (or STD :p)

This animation is really bizzare but it still makes me laugh like a hyena. I'm so weird... (oh, make sure you don't watch this full-screen, you'll see stuff that's supposed to be cut-off an it won't be as funny.)

3D model of Luke's lightsaber in Return of the Jedi. It spins.

This is also hand-drawn, but I wanted to have it as swf because it was smaller in file size. Goten from DBZ.

you should make one of those your avatar when you are able to get one.

I'm sure nobody really cares, but if anyone remembers the Hulk vs Wolverine thign I was doing here's what I've done. I decided not to finish it because I was getting a lot of negative feedback (not here, other places) but this is what I did.
HulkVsWolverine.jpg

I was also planning to have it be in the desert and I was testing out ways to do that shiny sweaty sunlight reflecty thing.
HulkVsWolverineShine.jpg

And now for the real reason I'm posting.

I FINALLY finished my contest piece!
CartoonWars_HiRes.jpg

Cartoon Wars!

Starring:
Leonardo of the TMNT
Princess Allura of Voltron Force
Earthworm Jim of .... Earthworm Jim
Blinky of Bucky O'Hare and the Toad Wars
Slimer of The Real Ghost Busters

and also Starring
Megatron of The Transformers!

This took me forever to do... so please make it worth it and coment. :p

Toon Wars is awesome:up:

Doommachine, what other places were people giving you negative feedback on wolvie/hulk?

Thanks so much for the comments guys!

ampersand said:
Doommachine, what other places were people giving you negative feedback on wolvie/hulk?
Livejournal friends. I posted the flats and I think people assumed it was finished. They don't really know what flats are so I tried to just ignore it but it didn't really work so I scrapped it.

BBT said:
Don't kick the baby!
ike.jpg
Lol. I was amazed that no one had said anything about that yet. It's really demented. Especially the 'O' key stomp on it's head. :D

thats what it was people were so suprised by it they had nothingg to say. also I really like the earthworm jim in that pic.

ghost113 said:
thats what it was people were so suprised by it they had nothingg to say. also I really like the earthworm jim in that pic.
Yeah it is kind of .... out there. Thanks. I had such a hard time coming up with who was going to be Han and then in the contest thread someone mentioned Earthworm Jim and a wave of realization came over me.

I recently subscribed to New Avengers and I got my first issue today. To celebrate I whipped out my tablet and did some Iron Spidey doodles while watching Family Guy.

ironspideysketch.jpg

ironspideysketch2.jpg

ampersand said:
Those are great! I love the loosness.
Thanks. I was playing around with brush qualities trying to get the most fluid thing I could. I also did it white on black, which was loads of fun.

I'm going to have to try some white on black type art with my tablet, that's one thing I've never even thought of. Did you just draw them in black and white and color later, or did you draw in color?

I did b+w, set to multiply and then I colored it on a lower layer. That's why (for the most part) I didn't do outlines between the red and the gold in the suit. I find that if I try and go straight to color the end result looks sloppy instead of smooth and there's less of a 'wet ink' look to it.

doommachine said:
I did b+w, set to multiply and then I colored it on a lower layer. That's why (for the most part) I didn't do outlines between the red and the gold in the suit. I find that if I try and go straight to color the end result looks sloppy instead of smooth and there's less of a 'wet ink' look to it.

Cool, I figured that's how you did it but I wasn't sure. I'm going to try some stuff like this in the next few days, I'll post em up in my thread:)

I was inspired by Super Scar's symbiote Wolverine. I whipped up my own version of what Venom's alien would look on Logan. The symbol design is based on a comination of the symbiote Spider, Wolverine's stripes, and the X-Men chest 'X'. The hand things are a combination of the symbiote web shooters and an 'X'.

wolvievenom.jpg

that is cool, i forgot superscar did one like that too.

Bumping.

I haven't stopped drawing, just stopped scanning. I'll have to go on a scanning binge to show everybody what I've been doing.

Also been working on developing KOTI into a long-term webcomic. While I'm on the subject, I'm actually looking for someone to be the KOTI colorist (because for me to do it would mean very infrequent updates). PM me if you're interested.

A Wolverine redesign I did, similar to 5p1d3r's, but I actually did these about a day before I saw his. It's basically a combination of his current costume and his old yellow and brown one, which I have always preffered. Let's face it, yellow and blue are not very characteristic colors for Wolverine. There's 2 versions, the pants + boots are different.

WolvieBrownRedesign1.jpg

WolvieBrownRedesign2.jpg

Also posted in Marvel Redesign.

cool redesign, i think i prefer brown and yellow wolvie too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"