• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Doubting the Ghost Rider Movie

zer00 said:
will this thread be like??

good?

I know the answer to that one.....NO!!!!!!!

I mean really, I hope your not expecting much positive feedback in this thread. If you hit the search button and search for Daredevil in the Ghost Rider forum you will see TONS of threads about this sorta subject.

Daredevil was awesome, although I agree some of the effects were sub-par because of the budget. This movie has a much bigger budget. This will also be awesome, but with better effects.

Outside of the people in this thread? Im not so sure. Not that its bad but ghost=punisher on alot of levels and not many went to see that.

First of all, Punisher was a success. It made the studio over 20 Million dollars in profit for a low budget action flick, thats pretty damn good!

2nd of all, Punisher was released the same day as Kill Bill 2, which ate up alot of it's sales and Punisher was released in less theatres also.

--

Ghost Rider is PG-13, hence it will appeal to a wider audience, Nicolas Cage brings in his fans, Bikers and kids would enjoy this movie (unlike Punisher), this is a great date movie (unlike Punisher), and it doesnt have much competition. It will probably air at many theatres and in the end, it has me and my GR fans (we'll watch it MORE Than once for sure) and comic book/sci fi/fantasy fans across the world who will give it a chance.

3rd of all this is Ghost Rider the coolest character in the Marvel Universe. He does not compare to the Punisher.

hopefully i'll bein the audiece for the rider

First of all, Punisher was a success. It made the studio over 20 Million dollars in profit for a low budget action flick, thats pretty damn good!

2nd of all, Punisher was released the same day as Kill Bill 2, which ate up alot of it's sales and Punisher was released in less theatres also.

--

Ghost Rider is PG-13, hence it will appeal to a wider audience, Nicolas Cage brings in his fans, Bikers and kids would enjoy this movie (unlike Punisher), this is a great date movie (unlike Punisher), and it doesnt have much competition. It will probably air at many theatres and in the end, it has me and my GR fans (we'll watch it MORE Than once for sure) and comic book/sci fi/fantasy fans across the world who will give it a chance.

1) If it was really a "success" there would be no doubts about making another one.

2) ghost rider being pg13 takes away from the movie. Tells me there holding back the true essence of the character.

Demon dude, did you not see the transformation clip? How is that holding back?

Demon dude, did you not see the transformation clip? How is that holding back?

I missed how this has to do with ghost rider, a demon from hell who uses fire an brimstone to get revenge on bad people while riding a motorcycle with flames and a flaming skull head.

3rd of all this is Ghost Rider the coolest character in the Marvel Universe. He does not compare to the Punisher.

Should add IMO somewhere in there as I dont thing everyone sees hes is the coolest character in marvel.

I'd like to mention that the Motor Cycle community has taken an interest in the film as well. Not many of them are comic book fans.

I'm tired of people crapping all over this film.

There's no way you can deny it'll at least be worth a watch...I mean come on! Nicolas Cage with a flaming skull, smoking hot Eva Mendes, Wes Bentley and Peter Fonda playing devilish father and son, Sam Elliot as a Caretaker, and MSj writing and directing?! This film is going to be so good...

...at least give it a FIRST chance when it comes out instead of crapping on it NOW....when its not even out.

CAH

1) If it was really a "success" there would be no doubts about making another one.

2) ghost rider being pg13 takes away from the movie. Tells me there holding back the true essence of the character.

DW,

They are making another Punisher and the reason they havent yet was because they were searching for another director and a script. Thomas Jane was eager in starting it already. Punisher 2 will be a hard "R" according to TJ hiimself.

I think when you mean holding back, your thinking of a demonic entity burning people to a crisp..in that case why not just make it a horror flick? But if you actually read the comic you will know that the most famous series (90s run) was tuned for young adults and teens. Sure enemies in the comic killed people, some of the characters were sadistic & cruel, but again Ghost Rider himself had a conscience, would not kill humans, and used his penance stare to do his dirty work. The only Ghost Rider in the 90s run that did kill humans was Vengeance, and that was under the other writer - Ivan Velez Jr.

2ndly, who said the enemies in this movie will be humans? Their all demons, and GR doesn't take any $h*t from demons...in fact, one of his specialty services is destroying supernatural enemies.

Heads up folks; I'm moving this to the non spoilers section...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"