Dragon Age 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped reading as soon as the Bioware dev said "The Witcher 3 was announced?"

What ****ing arrogance.

Arrogance? I took that as more of a joke. Like playing it cool and not letting the announcement of The Witcher 3 affect their work.

What ****ing arrogance.

Wow I think you are really reading into that comment there.

Especially since Witcher 3 was announced a grand total of 4 days ago.

Heck that same dev said this after playing witcher 2 a month ago:

I love the divergent narrative. I'd love to see BioWare employ it ourselves. I find mutually exclusive choice very interesting, and I find myself exploring thoughts as to whether or not it's as risky of a business case as some may think.

So yeah I'm not really seeing the arrogance there.

Last edited:

What ****ing arrogance.

You need a call the doctor, your funny bone clearly needs fixing. ;)

I bought Dragon Age Ultimate Edition yesterday. I've never played any of the DLC, any specific order I should play through that stuff in?

You'll want to do the Stone Prisoner early for Shale. Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep feels mid game to me.

Do Awakening after you've finished the game and then follow that up with Leliana's Song and Witch Hunt.

Darkspawn Chronicles is a What If version of the game's ending so do that post game whenever you please.

[YT]rh8v3Et4tGE[/YT]

ku-xlarge.png

ku-xlarge.png

Last edited:
Whenever I hear Claudia Black, I just want to ravish her. :hrt:

Holy shnikes!
The green opening in the sky that the monsters fall out of....is that where Morrigan went through the mirror to? If so, does that mean the Warden will also be returning if he went with her? I wonder if the player will get the option to be her child? BW has confirmed that Origins are back. I wonder if Morrigan/Warden's child will be one of those?

Also, very glad to see [blackout]Varric[/blackout]. He was easily the best part of DA2!

Holy shnikes!
The green opening in the sky that the monsters fall out of....is that where Morrigan went through the mirror to? If so, does that mean the Warden will also be returning if he went with her? I wonder if the player will get the option to be her child? BW has confirmed that Origins are back. I wonder if Morrigan/Warden's child will be one of those?

Also, very glad to see [blackout]Varric[/blackout]. He was easily the best part of DA2!

I hope so. I really, really hope so.

With Varric there too, I want to have my Warden and the Champion of Kirkwall team up and kick some Archdemon ass.

I read that a Bioware thing is happening later today and I remember reading that they came with like a terabyte of footage of the game so I guess that means we'll be seeing actual gameplay soon.

Trailer looked awesome, but is this soley a next-gen title now?

No it'll still be out for 360 and PS3 along with the next gen platforms according to the game's exec producer.

No it'll still be out for 360 and PS3 along with the next gen platforms according to the game's exec producer.

I'm just wondering if having previous game save files will matter since its going to be a next-gen title as well.

I'll definitely get it for PS3 first, because I won't be getting a PS4 any time soon. But when I eventually buy it again for the PS4, I'd definitely want to be able to carry over my save. If I can't do that, I won't buy the next-gen version. I'm attached to my Warden, and I want my decisions to carry over.

Like the look of this. The more quality fantasy RPGs the better!

What happens with Dragon Age reminds me of what happened with Devil May Cry

Devil May Cry 1 it a success and everyone love that game and Then came Devil May Cry 2 and most people did not like it and then Devil May Cry 3 came and it was a great success and it Better than the two before it this is what I hope happens with dragon age 3

Morrigan returning was almost a given after the fan reaction to DA2. Plus the storyline they've chosen fits her arc.

Whether or not she'll be playable or just part of the story is debatable, I think. There are a lot of variables with Morrigan, depending on how you played DA:O, and it'd pry be a lot easier for the Devs to skirt around those if she's just an NPC you run across, rather than a companion.

Varric coming back as a companion is almost a given, I think. And with the conflicts at hand, I'd say Sten and Leliana will certainly be appearing, at the very least as NPC's.

And, of course, one of the big questions will be what to do with a (potentially) surviving Warden. Especially given what CAN happen in Witch Hunt.

Right now I think the party is going to include:

Varric, Cullen, Cassandra, Tallis and Morrigan (?).

The main Morrigan variables when you think about it are did she do the ritual and was she in a relationship with the Warden and did the Warden go with her through the mirror. I say at this point she's got a 50/50 chance.

Right now I think the party is going to include:

Varric, Cullen, Cassandra, Tallis and Morrigan (?).

The main Morrigan variables when you think about it are did she do the ritual and was she in a relationship with the Warden and did the Warden go with her through the mirror. I say at this point she's got a 50/50 chance.

Well, she also can be dead as Warden can stab and kill her as she goes through the mirror (though I suppose we don't see her die).

Well, she also can be dead as Warden can stab and kill her as she goes through the mirror (though I suppose we don't see her die).

Yeah, it certainly seems like the writers have every intention of having her be alive regardless of how Witch Hunt ended... Which was to be anticipated since, as you said, they didn't let us see her die.

Part of why I can't see her as a regular companion is that they'd either have to write seemingly endless variations of her dialogue... Or just have her not talk about the Warden and the events of Origins much at all, which'd just be awkward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"