Dragon Age 3

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Iceman, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan Registered

Just did Merrill's companion quest. Screw her. Nothing good can come of Blood Magic and that Mirror.

2. The Infernal Mky Mk

I tried saying exactly that on the BSN and had a dozen Merrill defenders insist she wasn't the least bit stupid and that none of what happened was ever her fault. :doh:

I liked Aveline. I was disappointed we couldn't romance her. Though I feel that may have been a bit of a joke on Bioware's part because she's a lot like Jaheira from BG2 and you're given pseudo-romance options that go nowhere.

Sebastion was another one I found was a waste of space (and DLC). He was the 'emo prince' who wouldn't stop sulking (not to mention his forcing my hand at a certain point in the plot).

3. Nathan Registered

I'm playing the Legacy DLC and I'm at the last boss. I feel like breaking my controller. Not because the boss is difficult, but because my teammates are bloody ******ed. They always get stuck at the rocks and then get fried to death.

4. Nathan Registered

And screwed up Isabela, because I never use the ****e. :wall:

5. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Oh did she [blackout] go running off [/blackout]?

6. Nathan Registered

Yes, she did.

7. The Infernal Mky Mk

Yeah, I never bought the DLC for DA2. I felt like I didn't want to support the game further and until Legacy came out there were only those cheap armour DLC's. I didn't hear much in the way of good reviews of the story DLC's so I never bought them (and traded in my game).

8. Nathan Registered

Well, I really enjoy the game. I can understand that people might have been disappointed, because we spend most of our time in one city, rarely venture out and maps are recycled, but I still enjoy the characters, the story and the journey to becoming the Champion of Kirkwall. I already spend over 40 hours on it and can see myself finishing the game at the very least twice, maybe even a 3rd time. And each time learning from my past mistakes. Heck, I might even allow stupid Merrill to repair her Mirror.

9. Nathan Registered

Alright, this is ridiculous. Almost everything was a walk in the park so far. Sometimes, I had to repeat a fight, but most of the time, even if tough, I came out on top. But now I'm encountering Revenants, who almost waste my entire team with one of their damn pulls. What kind of enemy level scaling is this?

10. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

I remember the late game fights getting pretty wonky.

11. Nathan Registered

I just played her last companion quest. I seriously can't believe people were defending her.

12. Nathan Registered

Finished the game. Spent almost as much time on it, as I did on DAO, and liked it almost as much as well. The last battle was pretty epic, with all the people involved. It put a smile on my face when I saw who else decided to join the fight. But I was a little disappointed with the ending. The game is all about trying to find out where Hawke is, and in the end, we still don't have a clue. And I would have liked to know what happened to the other characters as well. I really hope we'll see them all again in Dragon Age 3.

13. The Infernal Mky Mk

Thinking about this again I Google'd the thread for the sake of it. Have a read, but it is facepalm worthy at times. Some people are pretty much missing the entire point of her character and her progression in defending her.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/304/index/6703269/1

Also I'll just add this interaction I had on another thread on the BSN about Merrill.

It's annoying reading it even now. Though I should probably stop banging on about this, it's best I just let this one rest. lol

Despite my list of complaints about the story, characters and gameplay... there are people and things I'd like to see from DA2 as well in DA3.

#138 The Infernal, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  14. Nathan Registered

I think I'm starting my 2nd playthrough right away. This time as a Male Mage. But I think I'll probably have to either go gay or visit the brothel a lot. Because I totally don't like the female romance options. You have the choice between the naive blood mage, who makes you feel like a pedophile because she looks like a 12 year old, and Miss STD herself. It's sad that the two females that would be good romance options, are your own sister and a DLC character that doesn't stick around.

15. The Infernal Mky Mk

Yeah, I hope there are better and more varied choices in DA3 (and they improve any that carry over from previous games).

16. Nathan Registered

Hopefully the romance stuff will be one aspect they model after Mass Effect. Where you had the option to romance people outside of the main cast. If I don't like any of the main characters, maybe I could romance one of the lovely Tavern girls or my Housemaid.

#141 Nathan, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
  17. Nathan Registered

I want Bethany back. Carver is a *****e. :cmad:

18. The Infernal Mky Mk

Yeah, he can be. The writing of some characters just leaves me scratching my head. At least with Merrill there's a moral even if it never went anywhere good, but with some there's just the frustration of dealing with them.

Also, I honestly to this day do not understand why the sibling that dies had to be such an arbitrary mechanic or that it had to happen at all. It really didn't add much to the story in my opinion.

19. Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

Carver just knows you are a dirty filthy mage.

20. Nathan Registered

Well then, I guess I know who my first blood sacrifice will be.

21. Fans of Reilly Registered

Carver

I understand where he comes from I do not have Old brothers , but we are a big family and my cousins​​, are like my Old brothers and believe me, There is nothing more annoying than to be in some Shadow

22. Slushy Registered

This. Even though default Hawke is supposed to be a mage, I always pick Warrior and sacrifice Carver. Bethany as a Grey Warden is awesome!

I enjoyed Dragon Age 1 better, but Aggressive Hawke was too badass not to like!

23. Nathan Registered

Oh? Bethany can become a Grey Warden? She ended up in the Circle in my playthrough. Guess I have to take her with me to the expedition next time. Well that settles it. I'm finishing the game at least a 3rd time. And I'll probably stick with being a female, because I really enjoyed the sisterly love between the two. I was a very supportive sister. You hear that Carver? Not a whiny b**ch like you, complaining about standing in the shadow. :cmad:

24. X Knight Straight Edge

it sucked that our class was the only thing that determined whether Carver or Bethany survived.

I like playing as mages, but that means I'm always stuck with Carver.......:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.