Drive - New TV series on Fox

I hate Fox. I hate 20th Century Fox. And I ESPECIALLY hate Fox News. **** you Murdoch.

**** you.

I feel better now.

So now what are they gonna air on the 13th? Just going to re-air the episodes they aired?

are they at least going to put them up online?

Write Fox people.:mad:

So now what are they gonna air on the 13th? Just going to re-air the episodes they aired?

Probably some rerun of one of their ****ty little shows. If they dare air the other episodes of Drive, that would be a slap in the face.
"Oh heres the first four episodes[WATCH FOX], but we're not gonna show you[WATCH FOX] the last two[WATCH FOX]. Remember to tune in to Fox next week for one of our special reality shows"
F***ing hate fox.

I'm done with Fox. I'm really never going to watch anything they air anymore. From this moment on, I'm gonna save myself the time of watching a good show just so it will be done two episodes later. No thank you, sir. Who's with me?

I really don't get how anyone can blame Fox for this one. This isn't like Firefly or Arrested Development where they either gave it a bad time slot or just kept moving it so much with no advertisment to the point where no one could find it.

This show had a prime time slot that most shows would kill for (Lead in to 24...perfect for a serial show like this). It was advertised like hell. The fact is, the audience just didn't bite. And being as it most likely has a fairly expensive production cost, they had no choice but to pull the plug.

I'd say Fillions in a good place in Hollywood at the moment, he's got a large fanbase thanks to Firefly/Serenity and he seems to get the roles which suit his personality, the heroic han solo type character. He's not as big as some might hope, but considering the lack of large roles he's had, he's a well known face
Well he had a lead role last year, and that movie bombed.

I really don't get how anyone can blame Fox for this one. This isn't like Firefly or Arrested Development where they either gave it a bad time slot or just kept moving it so much with no advertisment to the point where no one could find it.

This show had a prime time slot that most shows would kill for (Lead in to 24...perfect for a serial show like this). It was advertised like hell. The fact is, the audience just didn't bite. And being as it most likely has a fairly expensive production cost, they had no choice but to pull the plug.

But after what two or three episodes? They could have given the show a chance still to atleast get more viewers, or let it run for a few more episodes. The fact that it was cancelled right away was really something I didn't like.

I watched episodes 5 and 6 last week, it's a shame they didn't air those before deciding to cancel, few interesting little twists turned up.

But after what two or three episodes? They could have given the show a chance still to atleast get more viewers, or let it run for a few more episodes. The fact that it was cancelled right away was really something I didn't like.

Its a serial. They either take off or they don't. You don't get audiences tuning into these types of shows late as they are too difficult to catch up with. If a serial does not find an audience almost immedietly, it will likely fail. Granted, 24 didn't have the biggest audience at first, but the numbers were presentable...and notice it really took off during Season 4 when they basically rebooted the plot? Not to mention serials are usually incredibly expensive to produce. Especially an ensemble, effect driven show like Drive. I really don't see how anyone can fault Fox for this one.

Its a serial. They either take off or they don't. You don't get audiences tuning into these types of shows late as they are too difficult to catch up with. If a serial does not find an audience almost immedietly, it will likely fail. Granted, 24 didn't have the biggest audience at first, but the numbers were presentable...and notice it really took off during Season 4 when they basically rebooted the plot? Not to mention serials are usually incredibly expensive to produce. Especially an ensemble, effect driven show like Drive. I really don't see how anyone can fault Fox for this one.

Oh, I undersatdn that. I'm just saying that the show did have a fanbase already, people were getting into it and it just got cancelled. I just think they should have waited to see if the audience was going to expand.

Oh, I undersatdn that. I'm just saying that the show did have a fanbase already, people were getting into it and it just got cancelled. I just think they should have waited to see if the audience was going to expand.

But because serials are so hard to get into late in the game they seldom do expand

but they were only on the third episode. it wasnt at all complicated at that point

Yeah, but Drive was just the tip of the iceberg. FOX has been cancelling great shows left and right for the last 5-10 years without giving them a proper chance. If FOX had cancelled about 1/5 the number of shows over the last 5-10 years, I wouldnt be making such a big deal. But this was the 'enough is enough' moment.

But because serials are so hard to get into late in the game they seldom do expand

Dude. I didn't watch Lost its whole 1st season. I finally got into it after renting the season 1 DVDs prior to the 2nd season. Thing is, enough had built up for it, that a non-watcher like I was would be curious enough to seek out the show.

As a matter of fact, I had the first episodes of Drive on my DVR. I just hadn't gotten around to watching them. After I learned its fate, I deleted them without watching. What is the point of investing precious time to a show that's already dead?

At least ABC shows the remainder of the season for the shows it cancels online, so that it is still generating revenue with online sponsors, and viewers can get some kind of closure. Fox isn't even halfway smart enough to do that.

Granted, they said they'll show the rest of Drive, but by that time, no one really cares anymore.

So here's a big huge F to Fox. "F" is for "f**k you", "failure", "flabbergasted" - by their decisions, and just their general grade when it comes to nursing good shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"