The Force Awakens Droids

Ray D.

Civilian
Reaction score
What would you like to see?

R7s
250px-R7_negtd.jpg

I wonder what the chances are of seeing C-3PO and R2-D2? I'd also like to see more advanced and intimidating droids than the ones we got in the last movies.

3PO & R2 are just about 99% confirmed. It wouldn't be a Star Wars movie without them!

Lucas has said time and time again that the saga is told by the 2 droids' POV. Even if he's gone, they're gonna retain that.

R2 and 3P0 are a must, I'd also like to see the evolution of the assassin droid beyond the IG series.

Another droid aspect I would mind seeing is further exploring the process that fused Grievous with droid mechanics.

If they present new enemy droids I really want them to look intimidating not like the silly looking droid army from EP 1-3. If they talk they should also have deeper meaner voices. Hell it would be really cool if they communicated just with intricate sounds and we got to read subtitles of what they're saying ala the orcs in the hobbit. I would also like a cyborg bounty hunter.

If they present new enemy droids I really want them to look intimidating not like the silly looking droid army from EP 1-3. If they talk they should also have deeper meaner voices. Hell it would be really cool if they communicated just with intricate sounds and we got to read subtitles of what they're saying ala the orcs in the hobbit. I would also like a cyborg bounty hunter.

I love both of these ideas, assassin droids communicating in just signals and sounds is perfect and a cyborg bounty hunter could be a cool evolution of the General Grievous concept.

C-3PO was good in TPM, but he was annoying in AOTC, and not in the way he is supposed to be annoying in-story for our amusement. He was hardly featured in RoTS to be considered good or bad.
I could actually do with a SW film with a new droid character, on the good guys side, one who might actually pick up a blaster in a fight, but y'know, isn't supposed to, as in, isn't a battle droid.

It would be interesting to have a droid who gets involved in the fighting and ends up being treated like one of the crew as a result, hell, it would be great to see one who wished he was a Jedi, and secretly trained himself with a lightsabre.
In fact, there are a lot of possibilities for creating AI characters in the SW universe, they have been so used to C3-PO and R2 dominating that scene that they should maybe think of giving us something new.

What they need to avoid is a Jar Jar Binks type droid, what they need is Han Solo born into a droid's body, that type of character, a droid who pushes past his programming as he feels drawn to the adventure. That could be interesting.
They need to bust these movies wide open and expand the universe, some R2 and C3-PO would be good, but it might be the best idea to go for completely new characters and build them from the ground up, good characters this time, well thought out character arcs, not just there to amuse the younger audience.

HK-47 would rock. If he doesn't show up in the new trilogy, then he should be in the inevitable KOTOR movie.

I don't doubt we'll get some cool droids. But what about some of big MFers?

terminator_salvation.jpg

I'd rather not see any Terminator: Salvationesque Mechas.

R6

R8
250px-R8_negtd.jpg

R9
250px-R9Pic.jpg

I always found C3P0 kind of annoying, so I certainly wouldn't miss him.

I really don't see a need to put him and R2D2 into a whole new trilogy. It was kind of forced in Phantom Menace.

Why not do some cool new droids? Something we've never seen before. Something futuristic (as opposed to retro-futuristic).

I love C3PO!

And Retro Futuristism is the appeal of what makes Star Wars' visuals.; industrial, worn-out and fantastical. If you make it too futuristic then it becomes a slippery slope.

I'd like to see an IG-88-type robot in an actual combat situation.

I love C3PO!

And Retro Futuristism is the appeal of what makes Star Wars' visuals.; industrial, worn-out and fantastical. If you make it too futuristic then it becomes a slippery slope.

No, you can do that. You can do a used future.

But I would like to see some more futuristic designs. Our vision of the future is obviously very different from that of the 70's and 80's. I have no problem with rusty starships, but implementing some more futuristic aesthetics and concepts would be nice. I have no problem if they're worn out.

It's not like the retro-futurism was intentional. That was just that era's idea of the future, working with what they had at the time the films were made. Intentional retro-futurism to me is vacuum tube monitors on a starship.

The more streamlined designs from the prequel trilogy are one of the few things I actually liked.

C3PO rules dammit!

I would like to see some menacing droids, something that seem like a sort of a challenge to fight... I was very disappointed with the droids from EP1-3. But we shall see!!

No, you can do that. You can do a used future.

But I would like to see some more futuristic designs. Our vision of the future is obviously very different from that of the 70's and 80's. I have no problem with rusty starships, but implementing some more futuristic aesthetics and concepts would be nice. I have no problem if they're worn out.

It's not like the retro-futurism was intentional. That was just that era's idea of the future, working with what they had at the time the films were made. Intentional retro-futurism to me is vacuum tube monitors on a starship.

The more streamlined designs from the prequel trilogy are one of the few things I actually liked.

The streamlined designs from the prequels were generic as heck

I wonder what the chances are of seeing C-3PO and R2-D2? I'd also like to see more advanced and intimidating droids than the ones we got in the last movies.
I think C-3PO & R2-D2 will be in every Star Wars film, whoever makes it. Like the opening crawl they'll become a full on must-have tradition.

And yes when TPM trailer came out I was thinking those destroyer droids were going to be intimidating. :csad: Also the ones in the later films that shoot from their fist (what are they called?). :csad:

Ah, the things I'd do to 3P0 if it was real and they gave me free pass...

"Also the ones in the later films that shoot from their fist (what are they called?)."

The nickname is Super Battle Droid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"