The Force Awakens Star Wars: The Force Awakens RT thread: Prediction and Discussion.

Apparently, you do. If you wanna let it go, let it go and go to sleep, I'm not rocking your bed or something. I mentioned it cos for me, personally, it was an issue that had been bothering me the past months.

...so you just stirred s**t up just for the f**k of it, didn't you? I literally mentioned at least 3 times, at the risk of pulling a Goyer, that it doesn't matter in the end. What the hell?

Nah not for the **** of it. Just giving my thoughts as usual. Now that we are past that, carry on.

Roughly, yeah. SPECTRE if EON weren't quite as afraid of openly taking off OHMSS, so I guess the version of the film that we were expecting pre-release.
Ah, I really wished they hadn't chickened out. :csad:

Ah, I really wished they hadn't chickened out. :csad:

One of the only times I would say Wade and Purvis were more switched on than John Logan. I love the man for Penny Dreadful and Skyfall, but he was going crazy with trying to reinvent the wheel as far as that element of the franchise was going.

But in a sense, TFA and SPECTRE share many similiarties. SPECTRE was trying to remake OHMSS whilst also using Thunderball elements, whereas TFA was for the most part trying to remake ANH with some small bits of Empire.

One of the only times I would say Wade and Purvis were more switched on than John Logan. I love the man for Penny Dreadful and Skyfall, but he was going crazy with trying to reinvent the wheel as far as that element of the franchise was going.

But in a sense, TFA and SPECTRE share many similiarties. SPECTRE was trying to remake OHMSS whilst also using Thunderball elements, whereas TFA was for the most part trying to remake ANH with some small bits of Empire.
Definitely agree on Logan, both the good and the bad. I am so curious to see this film unfold. Less then 24 hours for me now. :yay:

I'm surprised, it's a LOT higher than I thought it was going to be. I was hoping for 80-85%. 95% is amazing, I don't think anybody expected that.

Though some of the reviews read more like 'rotten' reviews but they're still counted as 'fresh', so I'm not sure how they decide if a review is 'fresh' or not.

I see the Star Wars marathons started at 3 AM, and from the reports on Twitter even the showings of Phantom Menace are very well attended. I think the great reviews have made people want to turn out and get in on the Star Wars partying, even if they didn't particularly like the prequels!

They don't decide which reviews are fresh, the individual critic decides that. Overall the reviews are very strong, of course there are barely positive reviews, all movies have reviews that are barely positive.

Last edited:
The score that really matters is the Average Rating of 8.2/10.
This tells you a lot more about the quality of this film.
26 hours to go before I see it.

Last edited:
Giankin, who was your favorite character?

And a more broad question for anyone who's seen it- would you say the movie is significantly better than Star Trek 09?

Back up to 95%!

228 fresh
13 rotten

BTW, do NOT go into the #starwarsmarathon tag on Twitter if you're avoiding spoilers, as somebody is posting spoilers in there (with images no less!).

Just got home and finished eating and taking a shower and glad to see that the movie is still at a 95 and with it being at a 95 after 242 reviews it is not going to change much if at all. I think the most reviews I have ever seen a movie get is like 300 so I would think there cant be to many more reviews left to come. Going to be leving my house in around 30-40 minutes for the 10:20 pm 3d showing should be interesting!

So far it looks like the audience reviews are trending slightly behind the critics' reviews, with 93% 'liking it' and a 4.6/5 rating.

Oddly enough there are only 12 'rotten' reviews now instead of 13. Hm!

Breathing some life back to this thread as it's now dropped to 94% Gasp!

That one review about Star Wars being a film ode to American terrorism is a load of crap though, so that one doesn't count.

I don't give damn about reviews but seeing such a high positive % score on RT from audiences and critics makes me smile like the joker!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"