The Force Awakens Star Wars: The Force Awakens RT thread: Prediction and Discussion.

No need to fight. This is totally a happy occasion.

tumblr_mki73tXNyR1s6krrko1_400.gif

I'm not fighting, I'm just dismissing it at this point. Too excited to be bothered with non sense. It's 4:10 am I've been laying in bed trying to sleep for 2 and a half hours now. But I can't. Too excited I think haha

I'm not fighting, I'm just dismissing it at this point. Too excited to be bothered with non sense. It's 4:10 am I've been laying in bed trying to sleep for 2 and a half hours now. But I can't. Too excited I think haha
Trying, but not work. Same here. :funny:

Several facts I can give to people:

1.There are lightsabers in the movie.
2.It's structurally an ANH ripoff.
3.The First Order superweapon is called Starkiller Base.
4.Kylo Ren is in the movie.

If people wanna reach a new level of apologism, go ahead and ignore every single review, positive or negative, that's stated those 4 facts, among others. That'll work out.

Oh it's fact huh? Here we go :whatever:

Having seen the film not an hour ago I'd say I agree with Gianakin that it is indeed something of a take off ANH. Its akin to how Tomorrow Never Dies recycles the basic plot of The Spy Who Loved Me, which itself used the plot of You Only Live Twice. What you're failing to understand is that it can be a "rip off" of another film (within its own franchise) and still have unique character beats and storylines.

Several facts I can give to people:

1.There are lightsabers in the movie.
2.It's structurally an ANH ripoff.
3.The First Order superweapon is called Starkiller Base.
4.Kylo Ren is in the movie.

If you wanna reach a new level of apologism, go ahead and ignore every single review, positive or negative, that's stated those 4 facts, among others. That'll work out.
A question Gianakin.

Does the Resistance have a Super Weapon?

I'm not failing to understand anything. It's one thing to call it a rip off. It's another for it to have many of the same similarities structurally yes and feel exactly like ANH. Doesn't mean it's a rip off necessarily as maybe JJ paying some homage etc. Listen honestly it's ****ing 4:15 am I'm not getting into these debates after this haha.

Having seen the film not an hour ago I'd say I agree with Gianakin that it is indeed something of a take off ANH. Its akin to how Tomorrow Never Dies recycles the basic plot of The Spy Who Loved Me, which itself used the plot of You Only Live Twice. What you're failing to understand is that it can be a "rip off" of another film (within its own franchise) and still have unique character beats and storylines.
Kind of like how SPECTRE is OHMSS?

It's not a bunch of homages (though it's got those, too). It's beat by beat the same thing. But AGAIN... I didn't mind it cos it didn't feel like it at all.

It's not a bunch of homages (though it's got those, too). It's beat by beat the same thing. But AGAIN... I didn't mind it cos it didn't feel like it at all.
I haven't seen it yet, but considering what happens in the third act, I can't see how it "beat by beat" exactly the same.

It can be beat by beat by beat by beat and I'll love the hell out of it haha :woot:

I'm not failing to understand anything. It's one thing to call it a rip off. It's another for it to have many of the same similarities structurally yes and feel exactly like ANH. Doesn't mean it's a rip off necessarily as maybe JJ paying some homage etc. Listen honestly it's ****ing 4:15 am I'm not getting into these debates after this haha.

Ok, I'll forego the term "rip-off" and instead use something softer for your palate. It's a basic "remake" of ANH, which does not mean it's bad in any shape or form. It really is the James Bond model here, applied to a larger fictional universe. Again there's nothing wrong with that, but it is what it is.

Who ****ing caresssssss

Apparently, you do. If you wanna let it go, let it go and go to sleep, I'm not rocking your bed or something. I mentioned it cos for me, personally, it was an issue that had been bothering me the past months.

It can be beat by beat by beat by beat and I'll love the hell out of it haha

...so you just stirred s**t up just for the f**k of it, didn't you? I literally mentioned at least 3 times, at the risk of pulling a Goyer, that it doesn't matter in the end. What the hell?

Darth how'd the OT marathon go with your bro?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"