Endgame Dropped Storylines or Plotlines the MCU should have continued

KevTravels

Superhero
Reaction score
why'd they drop the whole "Rhodey is paralyzed" sub-plot. They raised the stakes in the trailer that he might have died and it was just a life threatening injury. I had hoped it'd give the character something more to do. Have a disabled Avenger? Perhaps Rhodey suffering from PTSD like many other service personnel. Or have him wondering if he'd ever suit up again. That could have given Tony some fear and doubts of the accords at the end of Civil War.

I kinda wish we got a proper follow-up in Infinity War.

In CW sure, but we could have seen further trauma on Rhodey's part. And the same in IW; though it was years later. We could have had literally 60 more seconds which explained it. Have the scene at the Avengers HQ open up where he's sitting and Ross asking if he's up for the task at hand. Suiting up as WM again( because we don't know if he's been doing the Avenger thing over the years or if it was just IM and Vision). We see Rhodey straining and unsure of himself. He hadn't suited up in months or years. But the world needed him and both Tony and Vision are missing.

60 additional seconds could have sold that in IW.

Literally, why go to the trouble of him nearly dying in the last one (and potentially adding something for the character) for it to be immediately dropped.

why'd they drop the whole "Rhodey is paralyzed" sub-plot. They raised the stakes in the trailer that he might have died and it was just a life threatening injury. I had hoped it'd give the character something more to do. Have a disabled Avenger? Perhaps Rhodey suffering from PTSD like many other service personnel. Or have him wondering if he'd ever suit up again. That could have given Tony some fear and doubts of the accords at the end of Civil War.

I kinda wish we got a proper follow-up in Infinity War.

In CW sure, but we could have seen further trauma on Rhodey's part. And the same in IW; though it was years later. We could have had literally 60 more seconds which explained it. Have the scene at the Avengers HQ open up where he's sitting and Ross asking if he's up for the task at hand. Suiting up as WM again( because we don't know if he's been doing the Avenger thing over the years or if it was just IM and Vision). We see Rhodey straining and unsure of himself. He hadn't suited up in months or years. But the world needed him and both Tony and Vision are missing.

60 additional seconds could have sold that in IW.

Literally, why go to the trouble of him nearly dying in the last one (and potentially adding something for the character) for it to be immediately dropped.

This is addressed in INFINITY WAR while Rhodey is speaking with Ross...

Tony Stark and Harley's relationship during Iron Man 3

There were reports that Harley would appear in Avengers 4/Endgame with Tony back when it was filming but we haven't heard anything since then. A surprising number of people online seem to hate Harley for some reason but I liked his oddball relationship with Tony. It was refreshing seeing a hero treat the potentially annoying "kid sidekick" so harshly.

It just occurred to me that Tony might reconnect with Harley after losing Peter in IW (if Harley does return). That would be bittersweet, but good for Tony psychologically to know that at least one of the kids he mentored survived the snap.

In Iron Man (2008), it looked like they were setting up the arc reactor to be Tony's gift for future generations, something to atone for the weapons. Maybe it was too political for Disney.

Tim Blake Nelson turning into the Leader in The Incredible Hulk...or almost anything from that movie since I still really enjoy it, but I don't see Marvel Studios, especially after the recast and such, continuing anything from that film.

In Iron Man (2008), it looked like they were setting up the arc reactor to be Tony's gift for future generations, something to atone for the weapons. Maybe it was too political for Disney.
too political in what way?

There was a bit on that in the first Avengers, all the "I'm the only name in clean energy right now" and the tower stuff at the start. Seemed like Tony sort of mocking the solar/wind stuff and being the only guy really funding more than supplemental stop-gaps, opting for the arc reactor nuke-fusion analogue instead.

Tim Blake Nelson turning into the Leader in The Incredible Hulk...or almost anything from that movie since I still really enjoy it, but I don't see Marvel Studios, especially after the recast and such, continuing anything from that film.
Yeah I was gonna say Betty Ross. I mean for someone who was the love of his life, once Banner learned to control Hulk more u would think he'd reach out--- or there would be some follow up. Considering Thaddeus and Bruce are present it's odd not even having a single mention of Betty. I would at least hope Bruce tries to find out if she survived the snap but I wouldn't count on it.

Basically, they just decided that The Incredible Hulk was an optional part of the MCU. And that's a shame. Even though there was a recast, it was a decent start to the Universe. They could at least piggyback off it a little bit, and mention Betty vaguely, or have Bruce interact with the General. Or mention that Abomination is in a highly secure super prison. The Leader could also serve as a really cool villain in the future, if they ask me. The Hulk's universe could really use some boosting up.

Basically, they just decided that The Incredible Hulk was an optional part of the MCU. And that's a shame. Even though there was a recast, it was a decent start to the Universe. They could at least piggyback off it a little bit, and mention Betty vaguely, or have Bruce interact with the General. Or mention that Abomination is in a highly secure super prison. The Leader could also serve as a really cool villain in the future, if they ask me. The Hulk's universe could really use some boosting up.

They missed a HUGE opportunity for this in Civil War. I thought for sure they'd mention an "Abomination" being kept in the Raft.

I'd really love for Justin Hammer to come back. He would've been great for Ant Man and The Wasp instead of Sonny Birch.

I'd also like to see at least a reference to Blonsky/Abomination being locked in the raft.

The whole idea of a War Machine solo film. Though, I'd reckon it would work far better as a series.

They missed a HUGE opportunity for this in Civil War. I thought for sure they'd mention an "Abomination" being kept in the Raft.

Granted there is a large divide between Marvel TV and MCU but last reference had Abomination on ice in Alaska.
SHIELD 1:13 Coulson:
What you're doing is against protocol, so if you endanger an operation or if anyone gets hurt, I'll reassign you to Barrow, Alaska, and you'll spend the rest of your years pulling the night shift guarding Blonsky's cryo-cell. Am I clear?

Man there is so much stuff rushed, underdeveloped and downright sloppily dropped in the mcu that i am not sure, i should watch all the movies again and make a long list.
But pretty much everything that got dropped halfway through the mcu that they should actually follow to the end, but i doubt is gonna happen.

It would have invoked the debate on clean energy, fossil fuels, etc.

Except Stark Tower had that didn't it? And they used it to power the cube.

The big one for me is 10 Rings and the Mandarin. Marvel didn't know how to figure it out. Shane Black didn't either.

IMHO if they weren't going to do Mandarin, we should've gotten Whitney Frost/Madame Masque and Ghost. Whitney would've gone great with the theme of Tony creating his enemies and demons. A spurned lover in the past.

What's weird is that Avengers: Black Panther's Quest basically made Madame Masque into a pretty cool tech-based villain. Wish we could've gotten that in Iron Man 3 instead of the crap we ultimately did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"