Endgame MCU Post Endgame Speculation *spoilers*

Shinobi Shaw

The Upstart Black King
Reaction score
I was afraid to put this in the main Marvel Films forum since it’s still fresh and people may not have seen Endgame yet.

Anyway let’s talk about the MCU 2023 now. What are some things we think is going to happen now?

Professor Hulk’s snap activated mutants and you can’t tell me different.

Also one of those altered timelines could either set us up for a future Ultimate MCU or Age of Apocalypse/MCU Days Of Future Past movie.

I posted this to the Black Widow forum. It looks like her first film is going to be a sequel, but I'd love to see this.

Black Widow is released from the soul stone sacrifice (Maybe Redskull does do refunds). Unable to contact any of her team, and in an environment way outside her usual experience she has to rely on all her skills to get back to earth.

This could be a fun story. Most of the MCU space films are epic in scale, with gods, living planets and infinity stones. I think a film about an un-enhanced human with crazy spy skills in that environment could be a lot of fun. It's got fish out of water, and is an opportunity for Widow to really show off just how cunning and improvisational she can be.

She could even run into Stakar and his gang, and form one of the most unusual team ups in the MCU.

The niggle would be that it made her initial sacrifice a bit mild, but I think it would be a worthwhile trade-off. I think that would be a very fun film.

If they do revive Natasha, I could totally see her being the MCU’s answer to Ellen Ripley for that movie.

Honestly, they have set up the next phase to be one big "What if...?" story.

Its going to take them a while to get the engine revving up again for their next big Chapter I think. For a while I think we’re going to get standalone adventures with Black Widow, The Eternals, Guardians 3 with Thor, Black Panther 2 and Dr Strange 2. And maybe another Spider-man movie if Sony plays ball.

Then i think around...2022 or 2023 the next big overall arc of the MCU will start ramping up with the introduction of the Fantastic Four and The X-Men. If I had to wager a guess Doctor Doom will be the next big bad we build up to and Galactus will be the mega big bad—the Thanos if you will—that it all will culminate in another 7-8 years.

A Galactus mega event movie starring the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Black Panther, Dr Strange, Captain Marvel and a grown up Spider-man in 7-8 years I could see generating near the same kind of hype as Endgame if done right.

Makes sense now that Spidey 2 is called Far From Home. Aside from the Europe trip, he’s blasted 5 years into the future, so he really is farther from home on a certain level.

The Avengers have disbanded for now, so it's almost certain that in 4-5 years when the new Avengers film will come we'll see Nick Fury again recruiting the heroes (Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, etc.) to confront a new super-villain (Kang? Dr. Doom?).

The Avengers have disbanded for now, so it's almost certain that in 4-5 years when the new Avengers film will come we'll see Nick Fury again recruiting the heroes (Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, etc.) to confront a new super-villain (Kang? Dr. Doom?).
Kang would make a lot of sense, given all the time-hopping going on in Endgame. That would probably attract his attention.

If I had to guess, I imagine Dr Strange 2 and the Eternals will be the main vehicles in crafting the next big overarching story.

What that story will be is impossible to say but I believe Dr Strange 2 will partly focus on the repercussions of Endgame while the Eternals will open the door to the beings who might have a say in those repercussions.

We won't see any FF or X Men hero for quite awhile.....but I would not be surprised if one of the acquired villains from Fox is fast tracked onto centre stage.

I posted this to the Black Widow forum. It looks like her first film is going to be a sequel, but I'd love to see this.

Black Widow is released from the soul stone sacrifice (Maybe Redskull does do refunds). Unable to contact any of her team, and in an environment way outside her usual experience she has to rely on all her skills to get back to earth.

This could be a fun story. Most of the MCU space films are epic in scale, with gods, living planets and infinity stones. I think a film about an un-enhanced human with crazy spy skills in that environment could be a lot of fun. It's got fish out of water, and is an opportunity for Widow to really show off just how cunning and improvisational she can be.

She could even run into Stakar and his gang, and form one of the most unusual team ups in the MCU.

The niggle would be that it made her initial sacrifice a bit mild, but I think it would be a worthwhile trade-off. I think that would be a very fun film.

This I would prefer

Speaking of The Eternals, I have a theory, which I also posted on the Black Widow subforum:

I think Black Widow is intrinsically linked to The Eternals and their story. I've been wondering for a while now why the BW movie is coming out in the same year as The Eternals, and now Endgame has revealed what I think could be the crucial link: Red Skull tells Natasha that she is the "daughter of Ivan". I think "Ivan" in this case could be Ivan Druig, the alias for Druig, the villainous Eternal who becomes a Russian KGB agent and president of a Soviet state in the comics. We already know from the casting reports that Druig will probably show up in The Eternals. If it turned out that Black Widow were the daughter of a god (making her a demigod herself) that could also give her the power upgrade necessary to compete with the other, bigger superheroes like Thor, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, etc. I don't think her death will be permanent, and I think when we see her return, it will be as a post-credits scene for the Black Widow movie, and we'll see Druig too.

And if she gets back to Earth, there she will find the Black Widow of that timeline. And that one won't have to die in the future because Thanos doesn't exists in that timeline, so, it's 2 Nats for a while. Maybe she can fill the spot of Gamora in the Guardians of the Galaxy of that timeline.

Speaking of The Eternals, I have a theory, which I also posted on the Black Widow subforum:

I think Black Widow is intrinsically linked to The Eternals and their story. I've been wondering for a while now why the BW movie is coming out in the same year as The Eternals, and now Endgame has revealed what I think could be the crucial link: Red Skull tells Natasha that she is the "daughter of Ivan". I think "Ivan" in this case could be Ivan Druig, the alias for Druig, the villainous Eternal who becomes a Russian KGB agent and president of a Soviet state in the comics. We already know from the casting reports that Druig will probably show up in The Eternals. If it turned out that Black Widow were the daughter of a god (making her a demigod herself) that could also give her the power upgrade necessary to compete with the other, bigger superheroes like Thor, Scarlet Witch, Doctor Strange, etc. I don't think her death will be permanent, and I think when we see her return, it will be as a post-credits scene for the Black Widow movie, and we'll see Druig too.

I would love this but it sounds too good to be true. :(

o

Who said they were disbanded? Where was this established? If anything after a massive ****storm where not only did the team bring back everyone but also managed to stave off an invasion by Thanos' forces I think everyone and their brother would be pleading for the Avengers to maintain a presence in the world. Certainly I can see the government going along with it now, and I am sure Pepper Potts and the nation of Wakanda will ensure that the Avengers will always have the funding and resources necessary to operate on behalf of the world's population.

This actually sounds pretty good.

Underhwelming movie. All over the place, insulted my favorite characters, and Disney's prints were all over it. With the end of this saga, also is the end of seeing MCU films in theaters for me. It just was so much more underhwelming than IW, the movie couldn't get out of it's own way, Thor was a joke, so many plot holes. Full of plot holes. Tony's death felt hollow for some reason. Yeah, just wasn't great and I think most people outside the hardcore fandom.wont include it in their favorites.

My theater didn't cheer, a few people clapped at the end, and seemed disinterested. It's been about 3 years of my interest in this franchise dwindling, but yeah, I had a hard time enjoying that

o

Who said they were disbanded? Where was this established? If anything after a massive ****storm where not only did the team bring back everyone but also managed to stave off an invasion by Thanos' forces I think everyone and their brother would be pleading for the Avengers to maintain a presence in the world. Certainly I can see the government going along with it now, and I am sure Pepper Potts and the nation of Wakanda will ensure that the Avengers will always have the funding and resources necessary to operate on behalf of the world's population.

Well, given that Tony and Nat ( and Vision) are dead, Cap is living in the past literally, Thor is off in outer space and Clint looks like he has retired to the farm and Hulk was badly injured by the gauntlet the original 6 Avengers have pretty much disbanded.

Actually, after Civil War the Avengers were pretty much finished. Tony actually says that to Bruce in Infinity War - "we broke up" I think or something like that.

We still have Rhodes, Falcon and Wanda who might remain as Avengers, but they'll need a new base.

Ant-Man is a quasi Avenger I guess, the Wasp who knows ?

Dr Strange, Black Panther and Spidey are pretty much solo acts and GOTG are their own team.

As such any Avengers will need to be assembled as a new team ( maybe Wanda, Falcon/Captain America, Captain Marvel and a few others).

So it may be a while before we get any new Avengers, and if we don't then Endgame was the perfect send off IMO.

Well, given that Tony and Nat ( and Vision) are dead, Cap is living in the past literally, Thor is off in outer space and Clint looks like he has retired to the farm and Hulk was badly injured by the gauntlet the original 6 Avengers have pretty much disbanded.

Actually, after Civil War the Avengers were pretty much finished. Tony actually says that to Bruce in Infinity War - "we broke up" I think or something like that.

We still have Rhodes, Falcon and Wanda who might remain as Avengers, but they'll need a new base.

Ant-Man is a quasi Avenger I guess, the Wasp who knows ?

Dr Strange, Black Panther and Spidey are pretty much solo acts and GOTG are their own team.

As such any Avengers will need to be assembled as a new team ( maybe Wanda, Falcon/Captain America, Captain Marvel and a few others).

So it may be a while before we get any new Avengers, and if we don't then Endgame was the perfect send off IMO.

Eh... I doubt that the team is disbanded anymore than it gets "disbanded" anytime any of these all star type teams get a line up shuffle in the comics.

Again... No one said that the team was done and even after the battle there were still things going on where the team was acting as... A team.

And as I stated... Between Black Panther and Pepper Potts I doubt the team will want for money and resources. A need for a new HQ does not in any way mean a group is disbanded. The U.N. existed as an organized body long before the U.N. building was completed.

While I don't think that Dr. Strange can fit Avengering (Avenging? ) into his regular duties I don't quite buy the rationales for the others.

Wanda can for sure still be an Avenger and I think we'll see the return of Vision. Getting a solo series isn't some instant card for not being on a team. If that were the case Wolverine wouldn't have been on like four or five separate teams all at once on top of having his own book.

Sam I think is for sure still on the team. Bucky? Maybe, maybe not, but he's no more morally compromised than Black Widow was.

War Machine? Yeah, why would he quit now? He's the type to carry one to continue the legacy of his good friend.

Ant-man and Wasp are DEFINITELY Avengers now... As they always should have been.

Black Panther is likely not on the active roster and will continue as monarch... But he's gonna be connected to the team in some way. Certainly in the reserve status.

Spidey got knighted. I think he's in the reserves as well and by the time the next film hits he's gonna be "of age". They could put him on full time.

Captain Marvel is for sure an Avenger now.

Bruce is I think still an Avenger.

That's a possible active duty line up of:

1. Capt. America (Assuming Sam is allowed to take up the legacy, which is what that series on Disney+ will likely be about since it's not named Capt. America and Winter Soldier, but FALCON and Winter Soldier).

2. Prof. Hulk

3. Capt. Marvel

4. Scarlet Witch

5. Vision (He's coming back... He always does. )

6. Ant-man

7. Wasp (These two are a duo now, the whole point of their movie after all. )

8. Winter Soldier

So... I think that we got a team already.

I just don't see after the events the world went through that everyone would be just like, "Golly... I really don't see the need for a team like the Avengers despite that I would still be DEAD if it weren't for them."

Ok, I don't know if this counts as "post Endgame", but...

In 1970, when Cap is in Peggy's office and she walks in, she is talking to someone about something regarding the climate (I'll check the weather report"), and then she says something like "This isn't lightning" and she leaves in a hurry.

What was that all about? It's almost inaudible, I only just catched because of subtitles.

I think cap staying in the past to live his life will have massive ramifications going forward. And we will eventually get Kang the conqueror

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"