DTL Season 5-Week 7 (Set 1)

Deadly Dozen and Everybody in the Casa Mare.

I hope we'll be getting some more votes . . . a 1-1 tie would be the lamest thing ever. Well, except for a 2-1 loss.

So, I guess what I mean is "I hope we'll be getting some more votes for me." ;)

due to the manner of the votes(people pointing out that i win, but since i didn't take time away from my kids(which 3 of 4 days off for christmas was with other families), i lose), i'm boycotting the votes.

****o. and for people who want to question my New Years days off: i've been busy cleaning and shopping for a party at my house(thats 2 parties(one being the patriots game))... my wife worked several of the total days giving my even less time.

that is all that i will allow myself to explain myself(since i think i don't need to in the first place)

due to the manner of the votes(people pointing out that i win, but since i didn't take time away from my kids(which 3 of 4 days off for christmas was with other families), i lose), i'm boycotting the votes.

****o. and for people who want to question my New Years days off: i've been busy cleaning and shopping for a party at my house(thats 2 parties(one being the patriots game))... my wife worked several of the total days giving my even less time.

that is all that i will allow myself to explain myself(since i think i don't need to in the first place)

come on AS people have still voted on your match....some even in your favour....the least you can do is vote back....makes the battles fair for everyone....me and Xfantim have put in effort and work on our write ups and are stalemated at the moment on 1-1....

other people will want votes too...

By that reasoning, I could do nothing, demand votes anyway, and then say "I can't believe you jerks won't let me take time with my family!" if I don't get the votes I want.

No one is saying you should put the DTL ahead of your family. But if you choose to spend your time on other things, you can't complain when you don't get votes. We can't vote on the basis of what you would have done if you had more time on your hands -- only on what you actually did.

no, xfan, NOTHING like that... the difference is is that i DID put something up... and had i had the time that i do now, i would've put something up....

besides the last time i checked, a lay-out of the battle was GOOD ENOUGH. its just with the as weak as her team is, i didnt' have too much to say in the first place.

no, xfan, NOTHING like that... the difference is is that i DID put something up... and had i had the time that i do now, i would've put something up....

besides the last time i checked, a lay-out of the battle was GOOD ENOUGH. its just with the as weak as her team is, i didnt' have too much to say in the first place.
Yes, you did do something but it was very short. A lay-out is fine, but yours bordered on just saying "My team wins because they're more powerful." Did you list a single attack or tactic that your team would use (other than starting the fight outside the building)?

Take the Thanos vs. Wonder Woman fight. All you said is "Wonder Woman isn't strong enough for Thanos." I would have been satisfied by something as short as "Wonder Woman dodges Thanos's punches with her superspeed and lands a few on him, but he's too durable to be damaged by them. He throws an omni-directional energy blast -- which she can't dodge -- and then while she's momentarily stunned he rains down blows that knock her out cold." That's super brief, but it at least gives me some picture of the fight.

Likewise, all you said about the other uber fight is "Kayla isn't that familiar with her powers so she'll be very little help" -- nothing about how you beat her.

I did feel a bit torn with my vote, because I agree with you that LV's team probably doesn't have the power to beat Thanos. I almost voted against her, but I felt like I was voting on the basis of all the ways I could think of that Thanos would beat them, rather than going on what you gave me.

I won't even go that far. AS, your team certainly has the advantage, but as they say in sports, there's a reason the games get played. Take the 1988 World Series: the Oakland A's of that season were probably one of the best teams in baseball history, and definitely the best team in baseball that year. Rock-solid lineup with three-, four-, and five-holes to die for, plus a killer pitching staff. The defense was among the best of the league as well. They were playing a ragged, underdog Los Angeles Dodgers team that hardly deserved to be there. And the Dodgers took it, 4-1.

The lesson here? You gotta play the games. The ONLY reason Team Alpha Wolf Squadron lost to a no-show last week was that Harl didn't have a single uber to start the fight. This fight just wasn't nearly as lopsided. If it was, then maybe you're rolling with some seriously tuber characters.

The Deadly Dozen
In Jesus' Name

Wing's writeup had some good stuff. I just think Tim's was more solid all around.

While AS's writeup was (ever so) brief, he made some good points. And while LV had some good counters to those points (like Kayla's inexperience and the inhibitors), it relies on Wonder Woman being able to hold off Thanos. Could she give Thanos a fight? Yes. But could she hold Thanos off long enough for the others to finish? I'm not sure. With Diana, maybe. Without Diana, it mostly relies on Kayla to stop Thanos. I don't know if she's got what it takes.

What do you mean without Diana!? The fight is between teams of 5 members. And I'm a little tired of the preconceptions people have about certain characters that they are unbeatable, like Thanos for example.

I mean Drax killed the guy. Killed. Kaput. And Drax is not even on the same level with Diana. She is a goddess bred for war with magical armor and weapons to boot. She's stood up against the likes of Superman and Ares, took out the entire Justice League. I can't believe we're questioning her ability to simply keep Thanos occupied.

Drax was created solely to kill Thanos though, just saying.

Yeah, if you just look at that Drax fight you'll get a totally skewed impression of Thanos. The current incarnation of Drax has been explicitly stated to be less powerful than the previous version, and even that version has been demonstrated to be weaker than Thanos on multiple occasions. That Drax had been shown to be about equal to Thor, who's also always been portrayed as weaker than Thanos. However the current incarnation of Thanos has one thing the previous version lacks (other than more brains) -- he appears to have some special Thanos-killing aura. Which makes sense, since Drax was created to kill Thanos, after all.

Anyway, people assume Thanos would kick Wonder Woman's ash because Thanos has proven himself significantly more powerful than characters like Thor who are presumably about on Wonder Woman's level. That said, this ignores one major advantage that Wonder Woman has on all those characters (and on Thanos himself), which is that she has substantial amounts of superspeed. I don't really think that'd be enough to make the difference, but I felt like AS should at least address how Thanos deals with the speed difference, which was part of why I voted for LadyVader.

Regarding "without Diana", I'm pretty sure Wieg means he buys that Diana could hold off Thanos for a while, but not that she'd still have anything left by the time her teammates arrived to help. He's saying if Diana is basically dead by the time the others get there, he doesn't see your team winning.

Regarding "without Diana", I'm pretty sure Wieg means he buys that Diana could hold off Thanos for a while, but not that she'd still have anything left by the time her teammates arrived to help. He's saying if Diana is basically dead by the time the others get there, he doesn't see your team winning.

That's essentially my point.

Also, the facts are these:
Someone else watches Pushing Daisies.

I mean Drax killed the guy. Killed. Kaput. And Drax is not even on the same level with Diana. She is a goddess bred for war with magical armor and weapons to boot. She's stood up against the likes of Superman and Ares, took out the entire Justice League. I can't believe we're questioning her ability to simply keep Thanos occupied.
first off... it a FACT that wonder woman couldn't beat superman becuase he has two up on her in every area of superpowers... so. just kuz shes uber doesn't make her one of the unbeatable. even with her rope that can make people tell the truth and rejuvinate her, the bullet pruff braclets and a tiara that she can bug someone with... on top of her limited str, slowwer than superman speed weaker than superman durablity and slow if not normal healing factor... she IS NO competition for Thanos' faster, stronger, more durable, more powerful than superman self

Anyway, people assume Thanos would kick Wonder Woman's ash because Thanos has proven himself significantly more powerful than characters like Thor who are presumably about on Wonder Woman's level. That said, this ignores one major advantage that Wonder Woman has on all those characters (and on Thanos himself), which is that she has substantial amounts of superspeed. I don't really think that'd be enough to make the difference, but I felt like AS should at least address how Thanos deals with the speed difference, which was part of why I voted for LadyVader.
wow... do you really believe that?... lol

how does he deal with the speed that Silver Surfer brings(who is WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY way faster than WW and Thor)

she IS NO competition for Thanos' faster, stronger, more durable, more powerful than superman self
(bolding mine)

Ain't no way Thanos is faster than Superman. Not even close.

But I do think he'd beat Wonder Woman pretty soundly.

how does he deal with the speed that Silver Surfer brings(who is WWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY way faster than WW and Thor)
Silver Surfer can fly faster than Wonder Woman, but when has he ever actually fought at extreme superspeed (thinks like throwing a hundred punches in a second or dodging attacks at super speed).

In fact, I'd argue one of the only reasons we can justify allowing characters like Silver Surfer and Thanos in this thing is that they're way slower than Superman. How the bad place would Surfer be allowed if he could transmute matter and fire planet-destroying energy blasts and such as fast as Superman throws punches? And how the bad place would he be ranked the same as Superman?

Deadly Dozen

(Nightwing, have a little faith man!)

I just feel like i have to say, "I appreciate people in the DTL for takin up so much of my time(And i mean that in a good way)"

Silver Surfer can fly faster than Wonder Woman, but when has he ever actually fought at extreme superspeed
would you say that again?...

when your fighting someone hand-and-hand., superspeed only helps so much...

move by move...(um... i'm just using this post for discussion... i'm donde debating mine and good luck LV(my boycott still stands))

for example
(somehow... Thanos is caught by suprise and is seperated from his team and is now in a death lock with WW)

Following plan WW would quickly hit Thanos farther away from the battle
(a little one-on-one, Know what I'm sayin...

Thanos is knocked into the danger room that The Engineer had earlier copied and programed it as a traditional Amazonian Fighting circle(Amazonian weapons scatter on the wall....(door shuts...(duh))

Thanos: How much do you think that hurt?

Flying to the wall, putting on traditional Amazonian battle gear(Helmut, Spear, Breast Plate and Shield, throwing thanos his own on the other side of the DR...

Thanos: kinky huh?

Waiting for Thanos to suite up, Diana: I have never enjoyed mens sexxual sense of humor.. Its degrading.

Suited up, Thanos: I am much More than any man you have ever met.

Diana: Heard it before-

}WW darts at Thanos, but has to dodge a spear{

Thanos: Just kuz I can't fly, doesn't mean I can't JUMP!

]Thanos ROCKETS off the ground(,and i mean rockets, Rockets with his super-uber-duper strong legs)like hes actually flying(head-first)[

}Wonder Woman paries him into the wall, right behind her{]Thanos, not hurt too badly, as planned, Massively Mytic Blasts WW to the ground(15 feet below)[

Diana: >uh<, You can't intimidate me.-
}quickly jumping to her feet, but is takin abroad of how hurt she actually is from one blast...{

Grinning,Thanos: Its not intimidation... Taking his opening, Thanos bruntly blasts Diana again....

Thanos: Its revelation of how weak every uber is from your Diminsion seems to be, though your movements are very fast.

Grabbing her Lasso, blocking the moderate blast, Wonder Woman: Giea be with me.-
}Again, darting at Thanos, Wonder Woman hits Thanos with her shield, smashing him in the face, releasing her lasso{

Getting caugt in the Lasso,Thanos: Your weaker and slowwer, so i'll waste no more time.}Thanos Blasts her from his eyes, she jumps, he reverse spins out of the lasso, WW with everything she has, darts back at Thanos, connecting{]Hitting the wall, Thanos ERUPTS with a BLAST that leaves Diana crippled[

Standing over her, Thanos: With all your deminisions' speed., if you can't stun me for a moment, then you can't make your next move without me being able to follow you and find an opening to take advantage of(except Doomsday/Brainiac(who is built like Thanos, but without energy projection)).

Diana is done and so are the rest of The Casa-Mare

Voting is now over.
Final Results

Heroes of the New Age 1
The Deadly Dozen 3

In Jesus' Name 2
Deadpool's Harem 3

hows that work?only four votes for mine and tims match up but 5 for LV's and AS's?

good battle tim.....might have had a better chance if i had done more with my regs....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"