Dvd?

For those trying to start a collection of the X-Films...lets put together a list of the must haves of the X-Films (for those who don't like double dipping)...I'm going to say to skip the trilogy set and start with:

X-Men (are the 2000 and 2006 releases of the dvd the same...like same extras, packaging, etc.)

X-Men 1.5 (Best buy has a steelbook version...)

X2: X-Men United (2-disc of course...I think the standard 2 disc is oop...but you can still get the steelbook...unless you trust ebay)

X-Men The Last Stand (any edition I guess, standard or collector's or the target collector's version-same dvd edition except for the the collector's case...or if you can find the Wal-Mart exclusive with a bonus disc X-Men Revealed pick that one up...even though the disc isn't exactly what it says it is, it says its about the film series, but its about the comics history I think...I'd say just get the wal-mart one...)

I do recommend X-Men and 1.5 because some of the extras are different between the 2, I think the Mutant Watch is off 1.5 and so are some of the easter eggs like the Spider-Man gag and the Beast/Blob concept art.........does anyone want to add anything?

Whatever happened to X-men 2.5...wasn't it announced sometime in 05-06 before The Last Stand came out? Has there been any news? What about the supposed Director's Cut/Special Edition of the Last Stand?

Last edited:
Unless you get a region 2 copy of The Last Stand there is no 2 disc set...X-Men Revealed...I think is a history of the X-Men comics even though it says its about the films. I remember that was a big thing fans were complaining about was the false advertising with the disc when it came out...the disc is a bonus in a Wal-Mart Exclusive Bundle.

Oh okay. I remember that scandal now, lol.

Though what does the region 2 copy have that the others don't?

Oh okay. I remember that scandal now, lol.

Though what does the region 2 copy have that the others don't?

Region 2 X-Men The Last Stand's have a actual 2-disc set that includes:
three documentaries (Brett Ratner's Production Diary (40 minutes), X-Men: Evolution Of A Trilogy (40 minutes), and X-Men: The Excitement Continues (20 minutes)) as well as various featurettes, character guides and pre-visualisation sequences

I also remember that region 2 has 20+ deleted/extended/alternate scenes while region 1 has 10...

myself I have the region 2 editions of all the films...

Last edited:
For those trying to start a collection of the X-Films...lets put together a list of the must haves of the X-Films (for those who don't like double dipping)...I'm going to say to skip the trilogy set and start with:

X-Men (are the 2000 and 2006 releases of the dvd the same...like same extras, packaging, etc.)

X-Men 1.5 (Best buy has a steelbook version...)

X2: X-Men United (2-disc of course...I think the standard 2 disc is oop...but you can still get the steelbook...unless you trust ebay)

X-Men The Last Stand (any edition I guess, standard or collector's or the target collector's version-same dvd edition except for the the collector's case...or if you can find the Wal-Mart exclusive with a bonus disc X-Men Revealed pick that one up...even though the disc isn't exactly what it says it is, it says its about the film series, but its about the comics history I think...I'd say just get the wal-mart one...)

I do recommend X-Men and 1.5 because some of the extras are different between the 2, I think the Mutant Watch is off 1.5 and so are some of the easter eggs like the Spider-Man gag and the Beast/Blob concept art.........does anyone want to add anything?

Whatever happened to X-men 2.5...wasn't it announced sometime in 05-06 before The Last Stand came out? Has there been any news? What about the supposed Director's Cut/Special Edition of the Last Stand?

Instead of buying 1.5 and 2 seperate if you can find the X-Men Collection go ahead and get that...so another quick run down...

X-Men

X-Men 1.5 and X2 X-Men United...or the X-Men Collection...

X-Men The Last Stand (any edition I guess...I think the Target one looks pretty cool)...

*ahem*

Region 2 X-Men The Last Stand's have a actual 2-disc set that includes:
three documentaries (Brett Ratner's Production Diary (40 minutes), X-Men: Evolution Of A Trilogy (40 minutes), and X-Men: The Excrement Continues (20 minutes)) as well as various featurettes, character guides and pre-visualisation sequences

I also remember that region 2 has 20+ deleted/extended/alternate scenes while region 1 has 10...

myself I have the region 2 editions of all the films...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"