E.T: The Extra Terrestrial

DarknessOfDeath

Rebel Scoundrel
Reaction score
Watching E.T...

This question has been bugging me for some time but here goes...

What do you think happened to Elliot's father and whats with the whole thing about Mexico?

He left his wife for another woman and they went to Mexico...

Thats it? If so...okay..

So did E.T ever cause you to have nightmares when you were a little kid?

I haven't seen this movie since 1997..I have to borrow it from my sister and watch it once more.

...Then I'll come back to this thread.

Well for those of you have seen it, whats your take on E.T?

He left his wife for another woman and they went to Mexico...

...And they founded a theater in Tiajuana starring her and their pet donkey. :o

And now I have destroyed your childhood FOREVER. :grin:

Ya I saw that a few days ago, I will get that one too. Lots of Spielberg classics coming out in the next months on blu.

Empire of the Sun in June
Jaws in August
The original Indiana Jones Trilogy in September
E.T. in October
Catch me if you Can in December

Now all I want from blu is Munich, and of course Schindler's List, and I should be good.

Good thing the E.T. is the theatrical cut, the trailer shows the Feds with guns again.

Last edited:
I can't believe this movie is 30 years old. I saw it in the theater 3 times when it first came out. I still have the ET doll I got for Christmas that year.

And it's still one of my favorite movies.

I've never seen this full movie. I've tried so many times but I fall asleep everytime

I can't believe this movie is 30 years old. I saw it in the theater 3 times when it first came out. I still have the ET doll I got for Christmas that year.

And it's still one of my favorite movies.

did you watch it when they re issued it in 2002 for the 20th anniversary? I did and the theater was surprisingly empty (it WAS a matinee) and a guy with his kid said "I remember watching this when I was a little kid" I leaned back and said "me too" (I was 6 or 7 when I saw in in 82).

did you watch it when they re issued it in 2002 for the 20th anniversary? I did and the theater was surprisingly empty (it WAS a matinee) and a guy with his kid said "I remember watching this when I was a little kid" I leaned back and said "me too" (I was 6 or 7 when I saw in in 82).

I saw it opening night with some friends from work, and it was packed. Everyone was about our age (I was 8 when I saw it in 82), and it was a great crowd. We even all got Reese's Pieces to bring to the movie with us.

And this woman in front of us was sobbing for half the movie and cracking everyone up, including herself...she kept saying "Oh, shut up!" to her friends making fun of her. :oldrazz:

I remember watching the rerelease in 2002. That ending, man...still gets me every time.

i wish I would have saw it when it first came out (the anniversary version) but sadly I worked weekdays so I had to wait till I had a weekend free. I loved the special universal logo they did JUST for the movie.

[YT]wu4evqvEM00[/YT]

I guess they liked it so much that most of the movies by Universal had that intro for movies that came out in 2002.

I remember watching the rerelease in 2002. That ending, man...still gets me every time.

And that speech Elliot gives when he thinks ET is dead. :csad:

Have you ever seen his screen test? It's brutal! Apparently his dog had died recently and he was thinking of him when he did this audition.

It was on the DVD release - you can hear Spielberg telling him he got the part at the end:

[YT]HzUZheS7cXY[/YT]

And that speech Elliot gives when he thinks ET is dead. :csad:

Have you ever seen his screen test? It's brutal! Apparently his dog had died recently and he was thinking of him when he did this audition.

It was on the DVD release - you can hear Spielberg telling him he got the part at the end:

[YT]HzUZheS7cXY[/YT]

yeah that was intense, great acting from such a young actor. danoyse? do you have the 20th ann DVD at all I got the one in the big blue box with the film cell and the soundtrack on CD as well as the 2 dvds (82 cut and 02 cut) at a used movie store a few years ago. I am sure gonna get the 30th an blu ray but I am NOT parting with my 20th anniversary DVD set ;).

yeah that was intense, great acting from such a young actor. danoyse? do you have the 20th ann DVD at all I got the one in the big blue box with the film cell and the soundtrack on CD as well as the 2 dvds (82 cut and 02 cut) at a used movie store a few years ago. I am sure gonna get the 30th an blu ray but I am NOT parting with my 20th anniversary DVD set ;).

Yep, that's the set I have. It also has a making-of book that's pretty fantastic. It's still one of the nicest DVD sets I've ever seen, I'm definitely not parting with it.

Thats it? If so...okay..

Absolutely yes! When I was a kid, E.T. scared me to no end. I couldn't even watch the movie. When I grew up, I found out it was a really moving story, and it always get me when he "dies".

Still, I have some doubts with this. Did E.T. "went" to his people to send his message? And why did he and Elliot synced?

Thats it? If so...okay..

Yes.

That scene where Elliot first discovers E.T. in the field scared the living hell out of me. Couldn't revisit the film for years after that, and I had nightmares about E.T. on a constant basis.

My aunts always thought I was a "weird kid" because I used to carry around an E.T. doll instead of a teddy bear or a barbie like a normal girl. No regrets. :word:

"E.T. Phone Home" is still my ringtone whenever my mom calls. I will forever love this movie.

Henry Thomas just nails it in this movie. For my money it is the greatest performance ever by a child actor.

I don't even know how that's possible :csad:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"