Guardians of the Galaxy Early Guardians of the Galaxy Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time the Turtles were iconic mainstays of pop culture i was 12 years old. That was 15 years ago.

Marvel Studios right now is an iconic mainstay of pop culture. What would todays generation choose? The Turtles? Or some brand new crazy looking Marvel Studios film?

And BTW you can edit your posts, there is no need to spam a whole page.

The last time the Turtles were iconic mainstays of pop culture i was 12 years old. That was 15 years ago.

Marvel Studios right now is an iconic mainstay of pop culture. What would todays generation choose? The Turtles? Or some brand new crazy looking Marvel Studios film?

That actually makes a lot of sense, it makes me kinda sad though.

I'm going to disagree, and argue that the current Ninja Turtles cartoon is just as big as the 2000s one, if not bigger. However, both are VASTLY less popular than the 1980s cartoon from 25 years ago, which actually solidifies your point.

The turtles heyday is long gone.

Don't get me wrong i loved the Turtles. I too had lunch boxes, bed spreads, curtains, the toys... everything!

But yea i'm not excited for this new film, and i doubt many other people are. That could change with an awesome looking trailer though.

I can't see them doing incredibly large numbers with that one. Probably something average, nothing eye-opening though.

anyone know what the budget for this film is?

i'm going to say a modest $350 mil. it all depends on word of mouth i think.

Anyone have any idea how much it is tracking now? I haven't seen jack online about it.

There won't be dependable tracking till mid or late July.

lol they don't know anymore than us aside from maybe 2 members or so

Probably around $150 million, give or take $20 million for the budget, like most of Marvel's films.

Yeah, I'd say the highest the budget would be would probably be from $170-180 million but Marvel isn't going to over-spend. They know better than that.

i'm going to say a modest $350 mil. it all depends on word of mouth i think.

I hope you're referring to the DOM BO since there is no way in hell that would be the WW take. If the craptastic TASM2 can break $500m OS then this will kill.

After the latest trailer and seeing how FB blew up from it and seeing a garbage movie like TASM2 do big OS because of spectacle I'm changing my prediction:

DOM BO: $220m

OS BO: $600m

WW: $800-$850m

I hope you're referring to the DOM BO since there is no way in hell that would be the WW take. If the craptastic TASM2 can break $500m OS then this will kill.

After the latest trailer and seeing how FB blew up from it and seeing a garbage movie like TASM2 do big OS because of spectacle I'm changing my prediction:

DOM BO: $220m

OS BO: $600m

WW: $800-$850m

Asm2 also featured Spider-Man who is one of the most popular characters of all time

To be fair, it's also the only CBM studio of all time :o

One thing to bear in mind when making box offices predictions: if I can remember correctly, The Sixth Sense remains the highest-grossing film ever to be released in August, and that grossed around $670 million. So if you're predicting any more than that, you're suggesting this will be the highest-grossing August film OF ALL TIME. August is a notoriously tricky month for films to get a foothold in cinemas. Stranger things have happened, but just something to factor into your calculations.

I think I voted in the 400 or 500m range, I think if the movie doubles its budget and does ~100m more that would be a victory all around.

To be fair, it's also the only CBM studio of all time :o

Yes it's the only studio that focuses on just CBM's but it obviously isn't the only studio in the CBM game and of all those involved they are #1 bar none.

I stand by my prediction, this has the makings of a perfect storm for an unkown property to become a break out success

I fully expect it to dethrone The Sixth Sense, that record has stood for too long

And Marvel Studios is the most popular CBM studio of all time, so what's your point?

My point is that a Spider-Man movie is guaranteed to make money overseas no matter what. GotG is not a guaranteed success just because ASM2 made money with poor reviews

I think I voted in the 400 or 500m range, I think if the movie doubles its budget and does ~100m more that would be a victory all around.

I did as well. Though I'd love for it to make it to, no way in hades does this do over $200M DOM. Cap's first movie didn't and he is more well known and this is the first the GA has even seen or heard of this bunch. I think and hope it does at least $500M WW.

Turtles are still pretty big, I still enjoy them, and yes it is purely due to nostalgia. I am one of those weak people that these studio big wigs have suckered into paying for their shameless movie.

What can i say, i used to be really into the Turtles, secret of the ooze was the first film i ever saw in the cinema.

I voted 400+ and I'm sticking to it. I'm thinking between 450 and 499 to be more precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"