Guardians of the Galaxy Early Guardians of the Galaxy Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also going to be cautious. 400M ww. 450 if reviews are great. As long as the budget is kept under control, it should be fine.

I'm thinking it can have the best sub-franchise start since Iron Man, at least WW. Not saying I think it'll pass IM1's $585M but I think it'll replace Thor1 as the #2 start off film. I think it can scratch it's way to $500M WW.

Opening Weekend US Box Office = $50 - $75 Million
Overall US Box Office = $150 - $200 Million
Overall International Box Office = $250 - $350 Million
Overall World Wide Box Office = $400 - $550 Million

Great reviews 600-650
Good reviews 500- 550
Average reviews 400- 450
Bad reviews 350 - 400
The Marvel brand alone will give this property at least 400 mil.

I just hope we don't have Marvels first flop. The better Marvel does the better chance I get to see Black Panther.

I like all the low balling on here though. So even if it just gets 490 -500 we'll assume it is a success. I don't see a fail anytime soon though. Fiege knows what people like. He knew TWS would be awesome before it opened.

Last edited:
Great reviews 600-650
Good reviews 500- 550
Average reviews 400- 450
Bad reviews 350 - 400
The Marvel brand alone will give this property at least 400 mil.

I just hope we don't have Marvels first flop. The better Marvel does the better chance I get to see Black Panther.

I like all the low balling on here though. So even if it just gets 490 -500 we'll assume it is a success. I don't see a fail anytime soon though. Fiege knows what people like. He knew TWS would be awesome before it opened.

If this and Ant-Man both underperform, we'll see a lot more focus on sequels and Avengers spin-offs, and less of original characters. So I hope both are unqualified successes.

Marvel already had a flop in TIH didn't it? Cost 150 million and made less than 300 million WW.

I think Disney/Marvel are going to unleash a great marketing campaign for GotG though. The hype will be real by the time August comes around.

Marvel already had a flop in TIH didn't it? Cost 150 million and made less than 300 million WW.

I think Disney/Marvel are going to unleash a great marketing campaign for GotG though. The hype will be real by the time August comes around.

Yep. Sad to say but TIH is the only film within the MCU that didn't perform all that well.

GOTG will def. pull in bigger numbers than TIH, though. It already has a lot going for it...TIH was a reboot coming off of a film that many people hated sorely.

Plus it was in the baby days of the MCU. It didn't have the critical acclaim, great trailers or A-list (well...) lead actor that Iron Man had and no one really knew what the MCU was. Now it's the biggest franchise on the planet with Disney's backing. I really doubt any upcoming Marvel film will go near TIH's gross

Yeah the fabase has grown tremendously for MCU.

Even Ant-Man has a chance at beating TIH.

Let's also not forget with 3D and IMAX boost, if these were used back when Incredible Hulk came out, it would have probably done closer to what First Avenger did.

I want to see this movie beat TASM 2 Domestically

Although I'm super-excited for this film and hype/talk it up to whoever whenever I get the chance, I'm overly cautious on it's box-office. I'm thinking mid-400's worldwide.

150 - 185 domestic
250 - 290 international

If it hits 500 or above, I will do a happy-dance.

Although I'm super-excited for this film and hype/talk it up to whoever whenever I get the chance, I'm overly cautious on it's box-office. I'm thinking mid-400's worldwide.

150 - 185 domestic
250 - 290 international

If it hits 500 or above, I will do a happy-dance.

I would be shocked if this broke $200 M domestic. I'd bet money on $150-199 M being definitely the range for domestic B.O...Foreign is wide open though. Nothing between $200-400 M would shock me.

Plus it was in the baby days of the MCU. It didn't have the critical acclaim, great trailers or A-list (well...) lead actor that Iron Man had and no one really knew what the MCU was. Now it's the biggest franchise on the planet with Disney's backing. I really doubt any upcoming Marvel film will go near TIH's gross

Every film since Disney took over has outgrossed every Paramount/ Universal Marvel Studios film. Guardians will match TIH's total gross based only on it's International number.

I think this is gonna be huge. Like 700m huge. I think everyone will know Rocket Raccoon & Groot by the end of the year like people knew C3PO & R2D2 back in the day

Will be interesting to see if any predictions change upon the release of the new trailer and fan and GA response to it. You can tell it's going to be big since this time they have a deal to release the trailer and do a Q & A on Facebook

If it has good reviews I think it'll at least do $400m+, probably around Thor numbers, which would be fine box office considering few people knew about this team before. The Marvel Studios/MCU brand is huge now so I don't see it going as low as TIH unless it turns out really, really doinky.

This movie is going to be a funfest.
Expect huge numbers

After the latest trailer, I'm sticking with upwards of $600m.

So in light of the new trailer, anyone want to revise their bo predictions?

That's what I thought.

I highly concur
The kids are gonna love rocket

It's kind of like Marvel doing Star Wars

If that trailer is representative
This movie will do top 2-3 of Marvel so far
I could see it doing Avengers numbers

I'm going $180M DOM and $420M OS. Just saw the second trailer and man am I hype! Marvel is taking C and D list characters and making them household names. At this point and the rate they are going, if they were to some how get F4 and Spiderman back, would they even need to make movies with them? I can honestly see this outgrossing F4 and I don't think I would have ever said that in the past.

IDK about OS and DOM numbers but I think WW will end up around $550. And yes Docker2.0, I find it weird too but I also believe that this will outgross F4, and honestly I expect the reboot, if it is made(I know we saw a few of the actors all together, but we haven't actually seen anything being filmed yet, no cameras, sets, ect), to flop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"