Elden Ring

I've got mixed feelings. I'm tired of the Souls formula but this looks different enough given the open world aspects. At the same time, I feel like I've seen this before with games like Dragon's Dogma. I love the level design of the Souls series (especially DkS1) and I wonder if the open-world won't just make the levels feel... underdesigned.

Just saw the trailer for this thing for the first time. Visuals look amazing but PLEASE for the love of God don’t make this as hard as Dark Souls 3. Creating a huge game is pointless if people can’t get past the first boss, lol.

I felt like DS3 was the easiest of the Soulsborne games. For me, Sekiro was the hardest FromSoft game to finish and I still haven't made it through NG+. Removing stuff like leveling up, summoning NPCs or getting new weapons to take down bosses really forces the player to get better.

I felt like DS3 was the easiest of the Soulsborne games. For me, Sekiro was the hardest FromSoft game to finish and I still haven't made it through NG+. Removing stuff like leveling up, summoning NPCs or getting new weapons to take down bosses really forces the player to get better.

Well, to be honest, I’m not the greatest at video games; the only ones I’m typically able to beat are those that allow you to build up your character significantly before you take on any enemy of significance. I did manage to beat the Souls-esque Lords of the Fallen but that’s generally regarded as a much easier game than DS3, as I understand it.

I need to take some heavy drugs before playing this game.

7Nyg7vJ.jpg

Look stunning as ever from these guys but I'm not sure Im over (or my controller is) the trauma of Sekiro.

I’m glad this one is open world. I think what made DS3 so impossible and frustrating for me is that you CAN’T get further in the game if you have trouble defeating a particular enemy. Whereas with this, you can apparently still explore different areas and come back to that frustrating-as-all-hell boss once you’re more powerful and have mastered your skills a bit more.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"