The Elder Scrolls VI

The first thing Microsoft should have done was fire Todd "It just works!" Howard.

And Bethesda should focus on making stable games instead of just arbitrarily making bigger maps. You can have the biggest map in the history of the industry, but if it's a bug riddled broken mess that huge map is ****ing useless.

The first thing Microsoft should have done was fire Todd "It just works!" Howard.

And Bethesda should focus on making stable games instead of just arbitrarily making bigger maps. You can have the biggest map in the history of the industry, but if it's a bug riddled broken mess that huge map is ****ing useless.
Yeah, I mean Skyrim is already big. I would focus on getting a map that size perfect. I'd rather have a stable, amazing looking, big map than a less good looking, less interactive, buggy, mega-sized map.

I've speculated Hammerfell for a while now and I'm glad that it looks like it's where we are heading.
I haven’t played any ES before Oblivion. Which game was it that focused on that area?

I've had a gaming PC for a year and have thought about going back into Skyrim but adding all the top tier texture and graphic mods...

I've had a gaming PC for a year and have thought about going back into Skyrim but adding all the top tier texture and graphic mods...
All the visual enhancements, gameplay changes, general quality of life improvements, and added content modders have brought to the game are definitely worth the time. Can be a bit of a process to get all the mods to play nice with each other though.

Install the mod manager (Vortex) to help install and remove mods. It'll also notify you if one mod is in conflict with another.

I recommend not going overboard with mods that offer the same thing so don't install 20 different HD texture packs or 50 sky textures. :whatever: Grab a mod for each "type"; e.g. one for lighting, one for floral, one for blood, etc. And if there is an HD mod that offers a collection, then read the description to see what is offered and then get other mods to complete/complement.

Like @KillerMcQueen said, there are some QoL and UI overhaul mods that are 100% worth it.

3863-3-1436880046.jpg

Don't forget to install that Macho Man Dragons mod. :o

One of my favorite QoL mods is Alternate Start, it allows you to pick how you want to start the game, and adds a wide variety of situations and locations in which your character can begin the game instead of forcing you to start in a prisoner cart en route to Helgen for the thousandth time. In terms of actual new content Legacy of the Dragonborn is a pretty great addition. LotD really helps make all the vanilla content feel a lot more cohesive by adding a museum for you to work for where you can drop off all of the unique items you collect throughout the game instead of them just being useless trash the moment the questline is over. It also has its own slowly progressing questline as the museums collection adds up.

Also, Enderal is a must play as far as mods go, it even has its own Steam page for the LE version, and a SE version will also get an official Steam release soon as well, which means you can play it without messing with your modded Skyrim at all, it's a mod that builds an entire new game off of Skyrim's foundation and assets and honestly surpasses Skyrim itself in a lot of ways, no other Skyrim mod comes close to being as impressive an achievement as Enderal (though Beyond Skyrim certainly might if even one of its mega projects gets finished), it can easily take 40-50 hours to finish the main game.

Last edited:
That’s ok, obviously it takes a long time to make games like that

It’s kind of crazy how long this game has been in development and it’s still nowhere near a release.

It’s kind of crazy how long this game has been in development and it’s still nowhere near a release.
Honestly, I don't think it has been in serious development yet. They announced it way too early for a pop at their E3 show. They have been busy making Starfield. This is why Rockstar hasn't announced GTA6 yet. It's far off.

Honestly, I don't think it has been in serious development yet. They announced it way too early for a pop at their E3 show. They have been busy making Starfield. This is why Rockstar hasn't announced GTA6 yet. It's far off.

Yeah, true. I’m sure Starfield will be amazing but honestly I just wish they ****ing put it out so they can move onto the stuff I actually give a crap about like this and Fallout.

Great games of this genre take many years but at some point with the time taken it might be preferable to get a smaller sized great game more regularly (as was the case pre Skyrim). It's not an issue with most franchises that can give you something at least once a gen but 14 years or whatever the gap between Skyrim and ES 6 will be is too long for my preference. Some fans will be dead if you wait too long so it won't matter how good it is if the wait is too long!

Yeah, true. I’m sure Starfield will be amazing but honestly I just wish they ****ing put it out so they can move onto the stuff I actually give a crap about like this and Fallout.
Yeah I'm into all of them (Hype: ES>SF>FO) but a successful release is good not to just get the game in question, but also as it means what comes next can get more hands on deck too.

Great games of this genre take many years but at some point with the time taken it might be preferable to get a smaller sized great game more regularly (as was the case pre Skyrim). It's not an issue with most franchises that can give you something at least once a gen but 14 years or whatever the gap between Skyrim and ES 6 will be is too long for my preference. Some fans will be dead if you wait too long so it won't matter how good it is if the wait is too long!
I would be down for the New Vegas approach, allow another dev to use the work done on the prior game in the franchise to release games in those series between the major releases. I guess ESO is supposed to sort of fulfill that purpose for TES, but it just doesn't scratch that itch.

I would be down for the New Vegas approach, allow another dev to use the work done on the prior game in the franchise to release games in those series between the major releases. I guess ESO is supposed to sort of fulfill that purpose for TES, but it just doesn't scratch that itch.
Sounds good to me, and particularly applicable to Fallout with all 3 Fallout devs now under one roof. Also I’d be fine if they kept releasing DLCs regularly for ES rather than nothing for so long.

I feel like this is not surprising at all considering that bethesda has said for years now that Starfield was coming before The Elder Scrolls VI. So I have no idea how people will be surprised haha. I think Starfield is gonna be incredible and a lot of the tech in that game is the reason TES VI is taking so long. I think it'll be worth the wait.

I feel like this is not surprising at all considering that bethesda has said for years now that Starfield was coming before The Elder Scrolls VI. So I have no idea how people will be surprised haha. I think Starfield is gonna be incredible and a lot of the tech in that game is the reason TES VI is taking so long. I think it'll be worth the wait.
I agree. It's disappointing to hear for sure, but not entirely surprising. My only fear is that ES VI won't come out during this generation of consoles.

Hopefully Starfield next year will help satisfy that open-world itch and help alleviate the wait for ES VI. Same with Avowed, which would be much closer to Elder Scrolls than Starfield. If Starfield comes out next year, and Avowed soon after, that would definitely help tide me over and make the long wait for ES VI easier.

I agree. It's disappointing to hear for sure, but not entirely surprising. My only fear is that ES VI won't come out during this generation of consoles.

Hopefully Starfield next year will help satisfy that open-world itch and help alleviate the wait for ES VI. Same with Avowed, which would be much closer to Elder Scrolls than Starfield. If Starfield comes out next year, and Avowed soon after, that would definitely help tide me over and make the long wait for ES VI easier.
ES VI feels a good number of years away but once Starfield is out that will be their main focus (outside of Starfield DLCs) and they are a big studio. Obviously games were considerably smaller at the time but Fallout 3 came out 2 years after Oblivion and then Skyrim which seemed huge at the time, 3 years after that. They are definitely going to be focusing on the Series X and pc and can’t exactly work towards and imagine what the next console is going to be this far ahead of time.

No surprise but Microsoft has officially made this an X-Box/PC exclusive now, leaving Playstation fans in the cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"