Epic Marvel story titles

Everything boy

Civilian
Reaction score
I've always loved the epic nature of Marvels 60s story titles (especially FFour). I can't describe what quality makes them good to me but they always make me feel like I'm reading some other cultures holy books. Here's some examples:

"If this be doomsday"

"When lands the saucer"

"This man...This monster"

"If a man be stone"

"When calls Galactus"

"The peril and the power"

"In the grip of The Mandarin"

"They strike from space"

Man they make me feel cool, well basically I want to hear about the titles (of stories) that make you feel that epic feeling back in the day(preferably from before 1980,) and the ones you think keep that legacy (preferably with years labeled but I understand if you cant,) pics are welcome, to better illustrate the epicness. My favorite for the "keep the legacy" category: "Days of the future past"

Maximum Cloneage...What, it's epically bad.

Now that I think of it, even the title that was based on was kinda uninspired: "Maximum Carnage"(which is weird because the Lee/Kirby epics were usually kinda uninspired stories but badass names with that one it's the other way around)
Here's some more (from early FF)

"At the mercy of Rama-Tut"
"In the clutches of Doctor Doom"
"The coming of Sub-Mariner"
"The search for Sub-Mariner"
"On the side of... Sub-Mariner"

Strangest? you ask:"It started on Yancy street"

Something tells me that Kirby was in on writing the titles because New Gods #3 is titled (super epically)

"Run! Run! death is the black racer!"

I make my best Don LaFontaine impression for reading a loud

One that stuck with me is "I, Whom the Gods Would Destroy!" from a Thor graphic novel. :)

I always like it when it sounds like stage direction.

"Enter the Super-Skrull."

:ff: :ff: :ff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"