"Epic Mickey" aka Terminator meets Disney

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5325198/this-looks-like-art-from-warren-spectors-steampunk-disney-game

Click the link for pics

Late last year, Gamasutra said they'd heard of a game Warren Spector (Deus Ex) was working on with Disney. Said it was a "steampunk" title. Looks like they were right on the money.

The website of concept artist Fred Gambino (via Superannuation) has some pieces for a project called "Epic Mickey", described as an "interactive game". Which just so happens to be the same codename from the Gamasutra article. Interesting!

Most interesting is the fact the artwork on Gambino's site differs from that described in the original Gamasutra piece, meaning we've got some bonafide corroboration going on here, making the whole thing feel awfully legitimate to us.

It's unclear what the status of this project is at the moment, or what the final game will actually play like (though rumours suggest it's a platformer), but we certainly like the direction it's taking, incorporating not just Disney characters, but the theme parks as well. A floating Epcot Center dreadnaught, complete with Monstro hull and Steamboat propulsion, is something we never thought we'd see, but are super-glad we did

The link that suggests it will be a Wii exclusive

http://kotaku.com/5325334/spectors-epic-mickey-is-for-the-wii

So it looks like Warren Spector's Junction Point Studios are working on a Disney game code-named "Epic Mickey". The concept art looks amazing, but we still have questions. Like what platform is it for?

Headline kind of gives it away. The resume of another guy who's working on the game, Tony Pulham, says it's for the Wii. And since he's a concept designer, not a programmer or level artist, that makes it sound like there's only a Wii version.

Hopefully Nintendo's machine, and the team at Junction Point, can do that concept art justice.

The pictures of the it look bizarre. It's like some post-apocalyptic Disney World taken over by Terminators.

Steampunk Willie is what's being dubbed over at Gaf. lol.

Yes, Spector is behind it.

It's like Disney...only the Disney that our nightmares would create. :p

This might actually be the game that makes me turn on my Wii again!

I hope this delivers. The concept itself is sooo badass.

Yeah, I think it looks really interesting. I understand why it's only on Wii, but I really hope it sells well enough that they consider an upgraded version for 360 and/or PS3.

20h6hoi.jpg

zwaik4.jpg

a few months ago alot of concept art for a game titled "Epic Mickey", a twist on the disney universe sporting a steampunk setting and a grimdark atmosphere. The reveal will be on the 28th (Game informer says the 12th).

Epic Mickey is currently a working title.
Concept art I've found:

sea_transport.jpg

goofy_zombie.jpg

castle_side02.jpg

castle_dwn_view.jpg

thin_wallhires.jpg

2hi022s.jpg

148537-03-noscale.jpg

And a creepy wallpaper I also found:

81446420.png

Yeah this game is going to be insanely awesome

The wii's not really known for gritty games, or graphics as good as the concept art suggests.

So can you imagine any of the cool things in the art above rendered on a wii well?

The wii's not really known for gritty games, or graphics as good as the concept art suggests.

Look up MadWorld and No More Heroes.

No game ever looks as good as the concept art.

So can you imagine any of the cool things in the art above rendered on a wii well?

Graphics are the least important part of making a good game, despite what everyone thinks.

For example, Tetris >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo

Look up MadWorld and No More Heroes.

No game ever looks as good as the concept art.

Plenty this generation have come close. (Not on the Wii)

This has huge potential, the concept art looks amazing, and I hope being a Wii exclusive doesn't hold it back too much.

Two words are going to make this awesome: Warren Spector. :o

Think to solve, or remain, I always like having my own view.
clear.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"