"Epic Mickey" aka Terminator meets Disney

Screenshots in the article don't look all that bad. Kinda has a Psychonauts feel which I think is a good thing

My fave pic from the article.
3113Donald.jpg

Looks creepy.

This game has definitely got me interested so far. I will try to rent it first. Anyone else find it odd that the game is due to release in September and there isn't a trailer of it yet? Maybe they're waiting for E3.

Looks great. Specter is all I need to hear to become interested.

The dudes a genius. :D

Gametrailers has a pop up block for the opening scene.

So is the narration going to be the only actual spoken dialogue in the game?

So is the narration going to be the only actual spoken dialogue in the game?
From what I've seen there will be spoken dialogue during the cut scenes, but those are in done in non animated stills.

So then all the rest of the stuff in the game will be the gibberish speak then?

Played the demo at Best Buy last night. It's addicting, man. You got the paint thinner that you can use to remove anything, from the walls to the floors to actual objects, and the paint to bring it back exactly as it was. It's a real creative route to go, I had too much fun with that ****, removing floors right from under an enemy and letting them fall to their death. :o

8.5 from Gametrailers and a 8 from IGN. Sounds like the only bad things is the combat isn't great and the camera sucks. Gametrailers really praised the idea of choice throughout the game and how it affects everything including multiple endings. They also said its about a 15 hour campaign which is quite a long time. This has definitely been the year for the Wii. All these exclusive games have come out and not disappointed one bit some in fact have exceeded expectations.

This has definitely been the year for the Wii. All these exclusive games have come out and not disappointed one bit some in fact have exceeded expectations.

The new Metroid was balls awful...just sayin'

The new Metroid was balls awful...just sayin'

I wouldn't say it was awful, but it was kind of disappointing. It could have been a lot better, I think the biggest problem I had was the enviroments, it felt like ground I covered before, I wanted more variety in the enviroments. It wasn't a bad experiment, but I hope Retro picks up the reins of the franchise again, loved the Prime Series.

On topic, Epic Mickey looks very interesting, definitely want to pick it up, probably after the Holidays when I have some more free cash.

Metroid wasn't awful. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit but I can see where some wouldn't like it. I did enjoy that Nintendo was willing to experiment into the darker territory and I hope that the lukewarm reception doesn't scare them away from it. So far Epic Mickey is a pretty awesome game, I'm about 9 hours into it and I'm surprised how long of a game it actually is and how choice does change some outcomes of different things. I agree with most of the reviews when they say that the combat and the camera are the low points of the game but they aren't that bad just not as good as everything else.

I actually am interested in this. I don't use my Wii often and probably won't put down $50 to buy it, but it fascinates me. I like that they have this "****ed up Disneyland" where rejected cartoon characters go. It's totally up my alley.

I got this last week when Walmart.com had a deal that you could get a select Wii game and 3rd party controller for $35+tax. The controller got canceled so Epic Mickey cost me $18, and I got a $10 egift card for the controller being canceled. Probably won't get to it until next week though. Damn finals.

Random question of the day thats been bugging me as of late, how tall is mickey mouse at disneyland? I mean the character that walks around the place taking pictures with everyone, how tall is that suit? Sorry its random but this is a mickey related thing.

Probably around 6 feet, more if you count the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"