Batwoman Episode 01/09 "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Hour Two"

Conroy for Earth 1 Batman if he appears! I know he may be a bit old, but I really don’t want this to be his last appearance as Bruce in live action!

Hope not. Now that he's been 'seen' I'm hoping they won't miss an opportunity to start using him on Batwoman. Why he left is still a mystery that needs to be answered, and having the part cast now means they could do video messages or phone calls to start teasing that arc more.

Really enjoyed this episode! If they keep this up for the next three this will be the best crossover so far! Loved Rough as KC Superman and his fight with E38's Supes was pretty good, even with a little dodgy CG. Loved his Superman 3 reference! And yes, if they have him die, I don't see why Tyler's Supes can't become the Paragon of Truth.

Really liked the BvS turnabout with Bruce. Being a vigilante is a slippery slope that once you're off the edge of it could be nearly impossible to recover from. Having every iteration of Bruce Wayne be exactly the same would get pretty boring and pretty impossible. Don't forget the Batman Who Laughed... Ultimately, I see that as a lesson for Kate, kind of like looking into a twisted mirror to see your own dark reflection. Also have no problem with her being the Paragon of Courage. Girls been through a hell of a lot and she still stands up. That could be said for all of them of course, but there can be only one apparently. (Also don't get the Kate-hate, but oh well...:yay:)

Now, tell me why she has the Kryptonite and don't tell me it has something to do with Kara trying to resurrect Earth 38? Which I'm pretty sure it is! If it's too dangerous to try I wonder if she might try and stop her with it. And that might how the shows will ultimately end up begin merged.(?) She tries to bring back 38, things go wrong (or right) and all the surviving universes get squished into one. Perhaps that's her being the Paragon of Hope..?

As for the Lazarus Pit, I think they could have used the time better than having another resurrection arc. Ollie went out like a hero in the first episode and just bringing him back like this cheapens that. (Kind of like Superman's rebirth in JL.) I'm hoping they'll pay it off though.

As for Lex, thank you Lois for bopping him on the head! All I can think is both Supermen going at superspeed to change into their super suits nd neither one just went at Lex at super speed and A-Trained him!:o

Indeed. Now if we could only tell the writers about that regarding Tyler's Superman.:o
There's a part of me that suspects they're setting him up to step into that role by the end of Crisis. Because I actually agree that they're downplaying him more than usual here, which would be a BIZARRE choice for a character you're about to launch in his own headlining show, unless you're intending to raise him up toward the end. I mean, look how quick they are to raise up Batwoman, their new headliner, at every chance they can get? It doesn't jive with how they're treating Supes, and they knew they were planning his show when they plotted this thing, so I think something's up with that which will be (hopefully) clear in the next installments.

Can I just say I like how they handled Conroy? It was a good contrast to Routh's Superman who also lost everyone yet still remained good. For once Batman was the villain instead of always making Superman snap and become evil (looking at your Injustice/BVS/ and almost Kingdom Come)

So is Cryer's Lex now officially Supergirl's primary villain now? Because whatever chance that they had in showcasing Superman's reunion with him and the glorious baggage that came with it was just thrown out of the window.

Man, if the folks in charge of Superman and Lois want to elevate their leads as equals to the likes of everyone else, then they have their work cut out for them. Tyler's Superman still has a long way to go when compared to everyone else. And his version of Lex seems to be more antagonized by Kara and his sister.

There's a part of me that suspects they're setting him up to step into that role by the end of Crisis. Because I actually agree that they're downplaying him more than usual here, which would be a BIZARRE choice for a character you're about to launch in his own headlining show, unless you're intending to raise him up toward the end. I mean, look how quick they are to raise up Batwoman, their new headliner, at every chance they can get? It doesn't jive with how they're treating Supes, and they knew they were planning his show when they plotted this thing, so I think something's up with that which will be (hopefully) clear in the next installments.

Well if KC Superman does end up being another casualty then that would be the most opportune time to really have that passing of the torch moment that could help push Tyler's Superman to the next level.

Well if KC Superman does end up being another casualty then that would be the most opportune time to really have that passing of the torch moment that could help push Tyler's Superman to the next level.
Agreed. I suspect that's exactly what they have planned, as it would make the most sense to me, but then these folks rarely do what I think would make the most sense, so who knows, lol.

So is Cryer's Lex now officially Supergirl's primary villain now? Because whatever chance that they had in showcasing Superman's reunion with him and the glorious baggage that came with it was just thrown out of the window.

Man, if the folks in charge of Superman and Lois want to elevate their leads as equals to the likes of everyone else, then they have their work cut out for them. Tyler's Superman still has a long way to go when compared to everyone else. And his version of Lex seems to be more antagonized by Kara and his sister.

Lex literally went throughout the multiverse to kill other Supermen even when the whole multiverse is ending just so he doesnt get to be the hero but okay

Pretty odd that both Earth-38 Superman and Earth-1 Flash are not among the paragons. I think they will be the ones to rise up in the next three parts.

I wonder if Flash of Earth-90 is among the paragons instead of Earth-1's.

One other thing I was right about was that Clark and Lois were traveling to Earth-75 and came across the headline of seeing Earth-75 Superman dead at Lex's hands.

If you watch the first two parts of Crisis together, both Clark and Barry are in the background instead of being on the front lines.

Pretty odd that both Earth-38 Superman and Earth-1 Flash are not among the paragons. I think they will be the ones to rise up in the next three parts.

I wonder if Flash of Earth-90 is among the paragons instead of Earth-1's.

One other thing I was right about was that Clark and Lois were traveling to Earth-75 and came across the headline of seeing Earth-75 Superman dead at Lex's hands.

If you watch the first two parts of Crisis together, both Clark and Barry are in the background instead of being on the front lines.

Clark, I can understand since he isn't the star of his own show. I think Barry will get his spotlight starting tomorrow.

Yeah Lex and Tyler's Supes not having any kind of proper scene together here feels like a MASSIVE oversight, imo. Maybe they had one that was deleted for time or something.

TBH that was like one of the biggest things that I was looking forward to the most. Honestly, if Tyler wasn't scheduled to get his own pilot soon then I would have had zero qualms with him being another casualty. Man, I hope their show's producers have some great ideas for Superman and Lois's show because it doesn't seem like a lot of people are impressed with the way Tyler's Superman has been utilized so far for this crossover. I also hope your theory about something being in the cards for him by the end of the crossover is also correct.

Clark, I can understand since he isn't the star of his own show. I think Barry will get his spotlight starting tomorrow.

Neither is KC Superman and yet he's a paragon.

It's important to watch Black Lightning after Batwoman because it's a tie-in to the Crisis.

Overall, the show was good, even if it lost a little steam from last night's episode. I liked the contrast of KC Superman and KC/BVS Bruce Wayne, and this crossover has elevated Kate's character.

But why did they have to shackle Tom Welling with such a horrendous backstory? I had assumed that modern writers had learned their lessons from deconstruction disasters like Superman 2 (Superman giving up his power is my least favorite moment in any super hero movie or TV show EVER:barf: ), but apparently not. I hope there are plenty of other heroes guarding the Smallville Earth because Superman decided that being a family man was more important than saving lives for eons.
rolleyes.gif
Points are deducted for this, but the rest of the show was on target.

I really enjoyed all the Kara and Kate bonding. Seeing Welling and Routh was the highlight, of course, along with the Supermen fight. Lois hitting Lex was awesome. I laughed at Tyler’s Clark shaking his head when Kara said that Ray got jacked. :funny: It does seem suspect that Tyler’s Superman is not being propped considering this is arguably the launchpad for his show with Lois.

So basically every Arrow character can cheat death except Laurel. :whatever:

Last edited:
Overall, the show was good, even if it lost a little steam from last night's episode. I liked the contrast of KC Superman and KC/BVS Bruce Wayne, and this crossover has elevated Kate's character.

But why did they have to shackle Tom Welling with such a horrendous backstory? I had assumed that modern writers had learned their lessons from deconstruction disasters like Superman 2 (Superman giving up his power is my least favorite moment in any super hero movie or TV show EVER:barf: ), but apparently not. I hope there are plenty of other heroes guarding the Smallville Earth because Superman decided that being a family man was more important than saving lives for eons.
rolleyes.gif
Points are deducted for this, but the rest of the show was on target.

I thought the backstory stayed true to the Smallville version of Clark Kent. I mean if you can have a version of Bruce Wayne that murders Superman...then I don’t see why you can’t have a Clark Kent that gives up his powers. Knowing that there are an infinite amount of versions of the same character makes it easier for me to accept it.

I love how Lois looks smitten with every Clark she sees. Same, girl, same. :hehe:

I wish they could gather whatever Supermen left and have Lois be their anchor.

I thought the backstory stayed true to the Smallville version of Clark Kent. I mean if you can have a version of Bruce Wayne that murders Superman...then I don’t see why you can’t have a Clark Kent that gives up his powers. Knowing that there are an infinite amount of versions of the same character makes it easier for me to accept it.

It's more logical to have a version of Bruce who is broken by the violence of his existence than to have the sentinel of the DC Universe, the hero of heroes, the avatar of goodness, look at the future, and say...."Meh. I'd rather chop wood. "
:fst:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"