• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Episode 10 - "Six Months Ago" - Discussion Thread

deathshead2 said:
Why is it when you need a bad guy name they always choose Gabriel.

It's all his fault

gabriel_byrne250.jpg

:)
Does anybody else think that the guy playing Sylar looks a little like Brandon Routh?

LadyVader said:
Does anybody else think that the guy playing Sylar looks a little like Brandon Routh?

It's only been mentioned several dozen times.

Didn't read the entire thread and didn't think it was that big of a deal for it to get mentioned several dozen times. :rolleyes:

It was also mentioned that he has a unibrow. Once. By me.

Ok, then it's good I stopped myself from pointing that out. :)

ragdus said:
He probably doesn't want anyone to know Claire has abilities, so he doesn't make a big production of it... and for the last time it's never even been hinted at that Sylar eats the brains.

but then what happens to them??? does he take them with him as collectors items?? I agree he may not be eating them, but them if he 'fixes"them, why are they not still left behind or in people's heads??? the curiousity is killing me, they'd better explain this later on...

I'm sure this is an issue the writers never plan on addressing.

:p

I think he used to keep 'em in jars on his apartment, IIRC correctly from the episode when Mohinder and Cartoon Eyes Girl raid Sylar's place.

attachment.php

Attachments

• vlcsnap-89295.JPG
    vlcsnap-89295.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 31
  • vlcsnap-89608.JPG
    vlcsnap-89608.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 104
Mrh7448 said:
I don't think he eats or touches the brains, though at one point I did. I think he learns how to use other people brains by examining them and seeing how they work, the same way he fixed the watch he could see how it needed to be in order for it to work. I think it's possible he might store the brains somehow preserving them so he can continue to study them, since he doesn't exactly know how these powers can work. Which may explain why he wants Charlie's photographic memory. As soon as he viewed the brain he would always be able to recall the exact order and the way it is suppose to work.

this is the first good explanation Ive seen of Sylar's powers. In addition to that, I think his main power is the ability to see what's "broken". Normal human beings are a certain way, and the evolved ones, the ones with the mutations, are seen as "broken". he can see what the problem is, and that's how he's able to study their brains and gain their powers.

the politician's hot ass wife was on seinfeld, I believe, from an episode 9 that aired 9 years ago, the one about the muffin tops. she was friends with george.

reading the summary of monday's episode for the guide, I thought it would be a boring one. But it was one of the best so far. Best show on TV. if the writing keeps up, it could become one of the highest rated shows ever.

SLYspyder said:
Best show on TV. if the writing keeps up, it could become one of the highest rated shows ever.

Hopefully NBC will pump more money into the second season and improve the special effects.:woot:

ok

lets break this down

chandra's daughter-rumored to be powered-had cancer
charlie-had powers-had blood clot in head
nikki-has power-metal wackjob
nathan and peter-hist of depression
issac-drug addiction
matt-dyslexia(sp?)

sylar senses something broken in brian(who knows if telekinis hurts at first or if it was matched with a tumor....slyar seemed to be unharmed while using it to show chandra)

anyone sensing some kind of link with head junk and powers?

these people are BROKEN!!!!

Nah, it was just Sylar rationalizing why it's okay for him to steal people's brains.

SLYspyder said:
this is the first good explanation Ive seen of Sylar's powers. In addition to that, I think his main power is the ability to see what's "broken". Normal human beings are a certain way, and the evolved ones, the ones with the mutations, are seen as "broken". he can see what the problem is, and that's how he's able to study their brains and gain their powers.

Got I sure hope not, so many holes in this theory, the only thing Gabriel thought was 'broken' with Brian Davis, the telekinetic guy, was that he didn't 'want' his powers. Also, thinking that normal humans are the ones that are 'broken' is really lame.

Gabriel is just messed up in the head, he's pissed he isn't special, and pissed that people who have the chance to be special don't want to be, his innate power(and I believe he does have an innate power) somehow gives him the ability to understand things to the point of almost becoming one with it and in turn, becoming it.

ironmaidenrules said:
ok

lets break this down

issac-drug addiction
matt-dyslexia(sp?)

sylar senses something broken in brian(who knows if telekinis hurts at first or if it was matched with a tumor....slyar seemed to be unharmed while using it to show chandra)

And what about Hiro?Nikki's husband? Micah? Claire? Though the Petrelli family may have a history of depression there is no evidence that either Peter or Nathan suffers from it.

We won't know if Brian had a problem or not. It is far more likely that Sylar felt Brian was broken because he didn't want his powers and he's was looking for an excuse to "fix" the problem. Obviously he isn't fixing anything as these people continue to die from his fixing. He's a selfish, petulant child.

As far as the brains, he must be storing them somewhere, likely it was at his house but perhaps he's changed since the FBI and Bennett are onto him, at least his existence though neither seemed to know his true identity. I would think that he takes the brains as he seems to be willing to kill no matter on who is around(as seen by charlie, with two cops sitting in the diner) so he takes the brain and stores them since it must take time to study them later.

Mrh7448 said:
And what about Hiro?Nikki's husband? Micah? Claire? Though the Petrelli family may have a history of depression there is no evidence that either Peter or Nathan suffers from it.

We won't know if Brian had a problem or not. It is far more likely that Sylar felt Brian was broken because he didn't want his powers and he's was looking for an excuse to "fix" the problem. Obviously he isn't fixing anything as these people continue to die from his fixing. He's a selfish, petulant child.

As far as the brains, he must be storing them somewhere, likely it was at his house but perhaps he's changed since the FBI and Bennett are onto him, at least his existence though neither seemed to know his true identity. I would think that he takes the brains as he seems to be willing to kill no matter on who is around(as seen by charlie, with two cops sitting in the diner) so he takes the brain and stores them since it must take time to study them later.

look, its just a small connection...we'll see what happens

as for micah

i remeber hearing that child prodigies have a short life spam...something to do with their brain and junk

remeber, not arguing, not even stating facts...we are all trying to figure this **** out

Mrh7448 said:

Hmm..not sure I agree with the studying theory....or the eating theory for that matter. The brain is dead once he rips it out of the body...so there's nothing to study by a big mass of dead muscle.

Maybe he has an undocumented power? Actually...when Sylar was being studied the doctor seemed to see something in the study...something that may have disturbed him. I think he was lying about Sylar not having any powers at the start.

LadyVader said:
deathshead2 said:
Why is it when you need a bad guy name they always choose Gabriel.
It's all his fault

gabriel_byrne250.jpg

ROFL :up:

2 Dev Adam said:
Dude, it was already been spoiled that
Claire's brain is removed, and then her brains grows another body!
If that's true, that's really over the top for me. I don't even think Marvel has tried something that ridiculous with Wolverine. (Though I'm sure someone here will prove me wrong).

ironmaidenrules said:
ok

lets break this down

issac-drug addiction
matt-dyslexia(sp?)

I thought the idea was that they where just human and not perfect. Someone like everyone but with powers. :)

Just a quick observation that I pulled away from the episode and I apologize if this has already been touched on. From the flashback episode showing Nathan aimlessly floating up away from his helpless wife and the apparant rough landing (evidenced by the cuts on his forehead in the hospital waiting room) to his performance in front of HRG and the Haitian and the landing by the diner tells me one thing:

Someone has been practicing. :)

TheStig said:
Someone has been practicing. :)
I think so too. He's probably been well aware of his powers for six months trying to figure out what he can do and what he's capable of.

primemover said:
Got I sure hope not, so many holes in this theory, the only thing Gabriel thought was 'broken' with Brian Davis, the telekinetic guy, was that he didn't 'want' his powers. Also, thinking that normal humans are the ones that are 'broken' is really lame.

Gabriel is just messed up in the head, he's pissed he isn't special, and pissed that people who have the chance to be special don't want to be, his innate power(and I believe he does have an innate power) somehow gives him the ability to understand things to the point of almost becoming one with it and in turn, becoming it.

how can he be broken if he doesn't want his powers? i said he looks at normal human beings as alright, and the mutated/evolved ones are "broken". he can SEE that.
that's why when he first met brian, they had that quick clock/watch flashback. just like he knew the scientist's watch was broken, he felt brian was broken when he first saw him.
that's how sylar can track the evolved ones down, he gets that same feeling when he sees one, that they are "broken".

that's how sylar can track the evolved ones down, he gets that same feeling when he sees one, that they are "broken".

Then why didnt he attack Hiro? Why did he attack the wrong cheerleader? Why didnt he take Peters brain? Why not attack Matt? Why couldnt he find the little girl that was hidding under the stairs? If he can sense the heroes around then he must be pretty bad at it.

I think he has Chandra's list, thats how he was tracking the heros down. We even saw he had a map on his wall just like Chandra's.

burning-robot said:
Then why didnt he attack Hiro? Why did he attack the wrong cheerleader? Why didnt he take Peters brain? Why not attack Matt? Why couldnt he find the little girl that was hidding under the stairs? If he can sense the heroes around then he must be pretty bad at it.

I think he has Chandra's list, thats how he was tracking the heros down. We even saw he had a map on his wall just like Chandra's.

Yep, and Bennett managed to get Claire's picture taken off of it, so that's why Sylar didn't know one cheerleader from the next.

The whole "broken" thing is just Sylar's way of justifying what he does.

If you want a plothole, here's one: if Horny Glasses managed to get Claire's name (not just the picture) off the list, how did Sylar found out about her?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"