• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Episode 10 - "Six Months Ago" - Discussion Thread

burning-robot said:
Then why didnt he attack Hiro? Why did he attack the wrong cheerleader? Why didnt he take Peters brain? Why not attack Matt? Why couldnt he find the little girl that was hidding under the stairs? If he can sense the heroes around then he must be pretty bad at it.

I think he has Chandra's list, thats how he was tracking the heros down. We even saw he had a map on his wall just like Chandra's.

YAY! someone has actually been watching the show!

Sylar can't just sense them.

3 Dev Adam said:
If you want a plothole, here's one: if Horny Glasses managed to get Claire's name (not just the picture) off the list, how did Sylar found out about her?

How about when she stood up and healed right in front of him after he threw her across a room and mangled her face?

You think that might do it?

Unless of course you are inquiring how Sylar ended up at the highschool to begin with, in which case that's quite easy too. The other cheerleader got all the press, and Sylar was there to kill her. It was only after he saw Claire go Wolverine right in front of him that he realized his mistake.

Either way, you thought you stumbled upon a plot hole that most certainly does not exist.

probably because he saw newspaper clippings of a cheerleader (jackie) not claire save the man from the train wreck

edit:(posted in reply to the last post on page 10 didnt see the extra page but pretty much same thing ragdus said )

Oh yeah, the newspaper thing. Forgot about it. Too many details.

why are people blaming the writers for their own lack of attention?

Because you don't realize you're being inattentive until someone points it out?

I like to think that I have a life that involves more than watching every frame of HEROES.

So those of us that remember stuff well have no lives? I've only watched each episode once. Does that mean I have less a life than you because my comprehension skills apparently exceed yours?

ragdus said:
So those of us that remember stuff well have no lives? I've only watched each episode once. Does that mean I have less a life than you because my comprehension skills apparently exceed yours?

Then you have a super-memory and a blood cloth on your brain.

That must be it. Clearly your oversights are my burden to bear in life because I don't make them.

Nah, don't worry, soon that blood cloth will kill you, so you'll have no more burdens.

3 Dev Adam said:
I like to think that I have a life that involves more than watching every frame of HEROES.
so do I, but I happen to actually pay attention to what's going on the show

SLYspyder said:
how can he be broken if he doesn't want his powers? i said he looks at normal human beings as alright, and the mutated/evolved ones are "broken". he can SEE that.
that's why when he first met brian, they had that quick clock/watch flashback. just like he knew the scientist's watch was broken, he felt brian was broken when he first saw him.
that's how sylar can track the evolved ones down, he gets that same feeling when he sees one, that they are "broken".

So by your account he wants to become what he despises? Doubt that.

Sylar can't track down these people, it's already been shown him not seeing powered people right in front of him, and thinking regular people are powered. He may be able sense these things, but it isn't an automatic thing, he is getting his information from Chandras list.

Sylar goes by the list to find the "mutants". He doesn't EAT the brains...but he does have an undocumented ability that scared older Doctor father guy (can't remember his name..gah!) And that's why he told him he didn't have a power...because he knew what he was capable of...an undocumented power that allows him to gain the abilities of other people by using the brain...........SOMEHOW.
:p

3 Dev Adam said:
Nah, don't worry, soon that blood cloth will kill you, so you'll have no more burdens.

I like how you seem to think it's called a blood cloth.

Meh. A blood CLOTH is better. You can make a quilt with it.

Sylar does indeed have a power. Unlike most of the Heroes we have met who have 'active' powers, Sylar has a 'passive' power (borrowing the terms from Charmed). I would call him Omni-Empathic, able to intuitively understand and determine the structure of an object, whether it is man or machine, mapping its blueprint to verify how it works by merely looking at it.

phoenixflight said:
Sylar does indeed have a power. Unlike most of the Heroes we have met who have 'active' powers, Sylar has a 'passive' power (borrowing the terms from Charmed). I would call him Omni-Empathic, able to intuitively understand and determine the structure of an object, whether it is man or machine, mapping its blueprint to verify how it works by merely looking at it.

Yes, then he 'somehow' becomes that through his empathic abilities, which is something yet to be shown or figured out. Injesting the brain just seems so clumsy for him, but he is taking these brains for some reason, I am hoping it's something more elegant than eating it :D

primemover said:
Yes, then he 'somehow' becomes that through his empathic abilities, which is something yet to be shown or figured out. Injesting the brain just seems so clumsy for him, but he is taking these brains for some reason, I am hoping it's something more elegant than eating it :D

I think he's studying each brain and learning from them.

CONNOR73 said:
What do you want to bet that Sylar has ingested and somehow inherited Charlie's aneurysm. It is the only reason I can see for introducing that particular terminal condition in her character.
i think the reason for it is that it provided a scientific explanation for her power - not for the viewer, but for people in the heroes world. "hey, i've got a great memory all of a sudden!" "you have a brain tumor." it's a very real-world type of explanation.

ironmaidenrules said:
ok

lets break this down

chandra's daughter-rumored to be powered-had cancer
charlie-had powers-had blood clot in head
nikki-has power-metal wackjob
nathan and peter-hist of depression
issac-drug addiction
matt-dyslexia(sp?)

sylar senses something broken in brian(who knows if telekinis hurts at first or if it was matched with a tumor....slyar seemed to be unharmed while using it to show chandra)

anyone sensing some kind of link with head junk and powers?

these people are BROKEN!!!!
no, it's just the real world's way of reacting/explaining away what doesn't make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"