Episode 12: Glorious Purpose (Spoiler Discussion)

Ok, last week I said episode 5 was my favorite. Now this week I gotta say this was my favorite lol. This episode was so good, I loved it. Still processing everything and what the implications are going forward. I'm guessing that purple flash in the Void was supposed to be Kang after he "died/disappeared" in Quantumania?

Also shout out to the music choices these last few episodes.

Last edited:
That was an amazing finale. This has been an awesome season, easily beaten my expectations. Hiddleston has been great, Loki going through a full on redemption story.

Lawd this finale was absolute perfection, and this show has officially surpassed WandaVision as my favorite Marvel/Disney Plus show overall, especially with these banger finales.

It honestly felt more like a series finale than anything which I'm guessing was intentional, but I really do hope we see Tom Hiddleston as Loki again in the very near future because I really do love him in this role.

He was easily the MVP of this season with Owen Wilson and Ke Huy Quan putting in great work as well.

It would have been nice if we got more Gugu this season though.

I also kind of missed seeing the other Loki variants too.

Not sure I exactly understand the ending.

So Loki is the protector of all timelines now? Doesn’t that make Kang irrelevant?

It was beautifully shot but I can see why this season wasn’t as popular as the first.

I figured he was going to fail but I thought he’d be forced to finished the loop and give HWR the W for now. Then he’d go and essentially be forced to win the multiversal war to save the TVA.

They really don’t have to use Kang/Majors if they don’t want to.

Excellent finale. Simply excellent.

Loki is such a damn good character.
There was a time when I was thinking MCU Loki/Hiddleston was getting overexposed but so glad to be proven wrong. Wouldn’t have missed his performance here for the world and he just keeps getting better after so many appearances.

Lawd this finale was absolute perfection, and this show has officially surpassed WandaVision as my favorite Marvel/Disney Plus show overall, especially with these banger finales.

It honestly felt more like a series finale than anything which I'm guessing was intentional, but I really do hope we see Tom Hiddleston as Loki again in the very near future because I really do love him in this role.

He was easily the MVP of this season with Owen Wilson and Ke Huy Quan putting in great work as well.

It would have been nice if we got more Gugu this season though.

I also kind of missed seeing the other Loki variants too.
I think it might be the new no.1 for me as well although maybe I should rewatch WV before confirming that. Got to be the best final episode in any case and OB is my favourite new character (Sylvie was my favourite new character from season 1 - would be fun if they could appear outside of this show too). Really glad Owen Wilson committed to this show, but I would have liked to see more Renslayer too.

I figured he was going to fail but I thought he’d be forced to finished the loop and give HWR the W for now. Then he’d go and essentially be forced to win the multiversal war to save the TVA.

They really don’t have to use Kang/Majors if they don’t want to.
But Mobius says Kang’s variants haven’t picked up on the TVAs existence and thus aren’t a threat at this time. Does that mean the post credit of Quantumania is useless or that the Kangs just aren’t aware of the TVA?

It could go either way if Marvel wanted to write Majors version of Kang out completely since the multiverse itself looks like a tree now and not what we saw in Quantumania.

Compared to the last one, this was a disappointing season overall. I thought the first and 5th episodes were really good but everything else including this episode felt so meandering.

I wouldn't be surprised if they reshot this entire episode right before the SAG strike. So is Loki now their version of the Beyonder?

Well that was a giant turd of a season. 90% wheel spinning.

The time jumping thing has been done to death.

And could the recap have possibly made it any more obvious that Loki was going to take the throne? I hate how TV recaps end up spoiling things.

Yeah, this last episode cemented this as my favorite MCU show even further. Really curious now on how they'll proceed from this and if Kang Dynasty (assuming Feige just drops the title and makes it about something else other than Kang) will have significant changes.

I don’t know how I feel about it. Loki sitting there for all time just feels so wrong and lonely. It makes Kang obsolete, which I guess was the idea.

And I still have no idea what Secret Wars is supposed to be about. Unless this ending is just a standalone and Loki is gone forever and nothing about all of these branches (i.e. multiverses) will ever be talked about again.

I'd say those scenes with Loki taking the throne are some of the most powerful the MCU has ever done. I really loved it.

I'm not sure why people are saying Kang's irrelevant now though. They establish that the TVA is hunting Kang variants, but none of them know about the TVA yet. Loki oversees the different branches, but that doesn't mean the Kangs on those branches are peaceful.

No reason why they can't still fight their multiversal war. There's just an additional ally to fight them in the form of the TVA.

Because it's an easy way to get rid of the character with Jonathan Majors' departure for obvious reasons unless they recast the part. And with the rumors of Feige supposedly wanting to replace Kang with Doom as the MCU's new big bad, I feel like Kang Dynasty is going to get a huge overhaul and maybe even a title change.

Because it's an easy way to get rid of the character with Jonathan Majors' departure for obvious reasons unless they recast the part. And with the rumors of Feige supposedly wanting to replace Kang with Doom as the MCU's new big bad, I feel like Kang Dynasty is going to get a huge overhaul and maybe even a title change.
Well, they could definitely turn it into that, and I'm fairly sure they will. Just saying this episode hasn't yet. In fact, it reiterates what they did with Quantumania for now. Next few months are going to be very interesting. Especially given The Marvels.

Secret Hero for this season was again Natalie Holt, who delivered a very unique theme. I love the track during the end credits!
It really felt like a series final, im happy with the outcome for the characters. I just think the CGI was a little bit ugly. Execution was fine, but the whole idea was a little bit ugly.

My only issue is how they handled Ravona and X5. No word for X5's outcome here and Ravona get killed by Allioth? I understand, it is a poetic death since Ravona approved to prune a lot of people, but still.. I wished for Gugu to have a major part in the final.

I’m still a little uncertain as to how it works. Loki is the new Temporal Loom? And he keeps all the branches intact? Timely said that the branches were duplicating at an infinite rate, so is Loki constantly pruning duplicate branches? Or are they not duplicating anymore since he destroyed the Loom and he’s just watching over the branches that currently exist?

Secret Hero for this season was again Natalie Holt, who delivered a very unique theme. I love the track during the end credits!
It really felt like a series final, im happy with the outcome for the characters. I just think the CGI was a little bit ugly. Execution was fine, but the whole idea was a little bit ugly.

My only issue is how they handled Ravona and X5. No word for X5's outcome here and Ravona get killed by Allioth? I understand, it is a poetic death since Ravona approved to prune a lot of people, but still.. I wished for Gugu to have a major part in the final.
The musical cues were awesome. I hope she gets more work on projects I’m going to be watching. I would have liked for Gugu to get more, was expecting at least a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"