Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

Ancient Egyptians were Arab though. The African (black) peoples were referred to by the Ancient Egyptians and other nations of that time as being people of Cush (Cush-ites have to spell it that way to bypass the sensor) among other names. Rewriting history to make the Ancient Egyptians black is cultural appropriation..

No, Ancient Egyptians were African and then once the bloodline became diluted by the Greeks, Romans and other assorted folk, it has become what it is today.

You talk about cultural appropriation and revisionist history, then please explain to me why there are black people with visible African features in the artwork and relics of Ancient Egypt.

But I digress, this is a topic for another thread. But yes, bring on black En Sabah Nur.

WOW! No ofeence to the person, but the acting the guy playing Kang or whoever that is, was awful! The lame exposition he had to plod through didn't help, but neither did his delivery, when you can tell someone is "acting" it's the worst.
Just killed the momentum, had no pathos. Like seeing a buddy just suddenly show up on stage in the middle of a show your watching:funny:, Awful!

I hope this is not he same guy they are using for the Ant-Man film, or worse hinging their phase 2 multiverse around,
Hopefully the "variant" or whoever shows up, is a different actor and can erase this guys presence.

Consider your hopes dashed. Johnathan Majors is indeed playing Kang in Ant-Man 3 (and likely other movies/shows).

Evil Variant Kang coming into the MCU like:

E6ThQHcX0AQcgmT

I am quite digging the idea, perfect for time travel shenanigans, that we got Immortus BEFORE Kang proper. They had a character and concept that could not be realized in a one for one recreation on screen, the backstoryis insane an unwieldy from the books, but kept the concept and tailored it to the MCU and modern sensibility.

And who is to say Immortus won't in some way still have the last laugh? I feel we will see Majors in his HWR costume again someday.

Consider your hopes dashed. Johnathan Majors is indeed playing Kang in Ant-Man 3 (and likely other movies/shows).
And given how talented and versatile an actor Majors is, he’ll likely play the actual Kang the Conquerer variant in Ant-Man 3 very differently from the performance he gives as Immortus(I think?) as they are essentially different versions from each other even if both of them are technically the same person.

I do hope that people realize, even if you didn't like this version, the chances are we are going to get very different versions of the character, from a very good actor.

Yeah the way they are seeming to approach this gives a wide latitude in interpreting this character from variant to variant.

For all we know we will see Rama-Tut holding Apocalypse's leash in the past? Or the Council Of Kangs? Lots of avenues.

To be frank, I didn't much like this version of Kang. Majors acted and sounded like a smart-ass from the hood. At times I thought I was watching a Spike Lee movie. Let's hope that next time he appears he acts like an actual villain, menacing and solemn.

You didn't like it cool, but it's the "smart ass from the hood" and "Spike Lee movie" comments that have me scratching my head. Majors wasn't speaking using slang and/or ebonics so what are you talking about? Also, are you under the misconception that Spike Lee only makes "hood" movies? I suppose a handful of his movies do take place there (Do The Right Thing, Clockers, Chi-Raq come to mind) but implying he only makes "hood" movies based on that is like saying Spielberg only makes movies about adventuring archeologists.

No, Ancient Egyptians were African and then once the bloodline became diluted by the Greeks, Romans and other assorted folk, it has become what it is today.

You talk about cultural appropriation and revisionist history, then please explain to me why there are black people with visible African features in the artwork and relics of Ancient Egypt.

But I digress, this is a topic for another thread. But yes, bring on black En Sabah Nur.

Black Egyptians remained in the 2oth century with Anwar Sadat.

Anyway, if Marvel wasn't going to get Jonathan Majors, DC would have gotten him. He also just got nominated for an Emmy for Lovecraft Country.

You didn't like it cool, but it's the "smart ass from the hood" and "Spike Lee movie" comments that have me scratching my head. Majors wasn't speaking using slang and/or ebonics so what are you talking about? Also, are you under the misconception that Spike Lee only makes "hood" movies? I suppose a handful of his movies do take place there (Do The Right Thing, Clockers, Chi-Raq come to mind) but implying he only makes "hood" movies based on that is like saying Spielberg only makes movies about adventuring archeologists.
Yeah, there wasn't even some half assed attempt at making Majors Immortus "hood" in the least.

He was "off" in ways that make sense for a human from the 31st Century who has seen the breadth of the possibilities both sublime and horrific that the multiverse can offer.

I'm sorry but... If that had been David Tenant or, I don't know... Val Kilmer doing the exact type of performance with those moments of flamboyance and slightly off delivery of exposition we wouldn't be hearing some of the indeed head scratching commentary as we have had with Majors.

I guarantee it.

Majors is a great casting coup. Any cinematic universe would be a fool not to sign him up. You can tell he had fun doing this episode.
You can tell he's done some thinking about this character that he's brainstormed with the Marvel team.

Yeah, there wasn't even some half assed attempt at making Majors Immortus "hood" in the least.

He was "off" in ways that make sense for a human from the 31st Century who has seen the breadth of the possibilities both sublime and horrific that the multiverse can offer.

I'm sorry but... If that had been David Tenant or, I don't know... Val Kilmer doing the exact type of performance with those moments of flamboyance and slightly off delivery of exposition we wouldn't be hearing some of the indeed head scratching commentary as we have had with Majors.

I guarantee it.
Guys, guys, guys. Majors is black. Of course he sounded like he was "from the hood". :o

Hoping Majors at least makes a cameo in Multiverse of Madness if he isn’t one of the antagonists.

If Kang really is going to be the next overarching big bad, then he'll definitely be in multiple movies/shows over the coming years.

Just think about it: Thanos had cameos in 3 movies (Avengers, GOTG, AoU) before being the main villain in IW/EG. Much like with Brolin, Majors likely has a multi-film contract, rather than the "one and done"-type arrangements that, say, Mads Mikkelsen had with Kaecilius.
Also with multiple variants it means he would be playing the role different a few times.

Hoping Majors at least makes a cameo in Multiverse of Madness if he isn’t one of the antagonists.
It would make sense for one of the variants to appear. I think Mordo still needs to be a main villain after this much time off.

Maybe mentioned in Eternals, will of course be in Ant-Man, F4 should have an appearance but Doom be the main villain and built long term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"