Episode 6: For All Time. Always. (Spoiler Discussion)

So we are going to get many versions of Kang?

I would expect his true form to be similar to the comics but they may not go the same route as it would be "Another purple villain". Didn't mind it just glad Kang will be around and I am sure will do more in the movies.

Last edited:
Is Kang's face ACTUALLY blue? I haven't read a ton of stories with him, I'd always just assumed it was a mask of some sort.
Yeah I always thought it was a helmet.

2knXpvDmraBevntVSxnuxk.jpg

I don't think it did, yes Sylvie pulled what could be a typical "Loki" move in going with her revenge. But our Loki, the Loki we're going with on this journey, didn't.... he's had growth, while the past version of him might do exactly the same as Sylvie, he instead stopped - he recognized that there could be consequences to acting rashly/on instinct in this situation and that more pain and suffering could stem from it (I believe someone else in the thread mentioned, thanks to Mobius he saw what happened in The Dark World when the "main timeline" version of himself did the typical Loki thing and it resulted in the death of his mother, he's learned from witnessing that).
No I mean in the sense Lokis betray each other. That’s what Old man Loki was grumbling about when they escaped the lair.

I thought we were seeing a story of two Lokis breaking that cycle. That’s what their connection was that created that weird nexus event on Lamentis was. But it was just a dude in some sandals and a cloak guiding them.

Combine that with Mobius and Loki’s speech about dogma in ep 2 and it’s a pretty bleak philosophy.

I had a feeling Kang would appear and be behind it and I'm glad they actually went there but yeah, I'm disappointed. The whole show felt like an exposition dump just to plant season 2 and the future of the MCU. Majors variant here was...fine. I'm looking forward to actually getting the Conqueror down the line though. Overall just meh though. I hope Marvel finds their footing with these Disney+ series because outside of WandaVision, the other two shows haven't been all that great. I can't see myself rewatching these shows all that often or even if I were to do a MCU rewatch. We'll see. I'm mostly just looking forward to Hawkeye now when it comes to the Disney Plus shows.

I'm glad there's a break now before Ms. Marvel presumably starts up around October.

Agreed. I wouldn't even just say the finale but the entire season felt entirely like exposition outside of maybe one or two episodes.

They could have stitched episode 6 to the beginning of episode 3(Sylvie breaking in) and gotten the same conclusion.

In which case the new TVA would be trying to conquer the timeline instead of defend it? That would definitely be interesting. But I think it would be more fun to still have a "Sort of Good" Nathaniel around.

That would reduce the stakes though. We just killed the "good" Kang. Now we have to see what he was afraid of. It is the natural progression

One common thing people keep pointing out is Majors was OOTP like Willy Wonka. But, that was exactly the point. This was the same story and choice. Charlie was offered the chance to take over Wonka's factory because he passed his tests. He Who Remains was the same story, so the parallel was intentional. Also like many have said, this character was alone for how long? That does things to your sanity. Especially over millenia

The exact opposite happened. HWR walked both of them right up to his door. The script was prewritten.

That’s why it felt like a performance. Like I’m glad he didn’t to a cold, logical architect like in the Matrix, but I wouldn’t call him insane.

Doctor Who did a much better version of this archetype in World and Time Enough.

I'll tell you what, Majors did great and this part is an actors dream. He gets to play multiple variants of the same ominous character, talk about being able to display range. I thought he did great as the he who remains/Immortus version. I don't expect him to play any version the same and I can't wait to see what he does with the Kang the conquer version.

This episode essentially launched our MCU phase 4 and although I'm sure they will re-tread what they cover in some of the films its exciting to know that our Disney + shows will go there and not hold back in ties into the cinematic MCU. Color me excited.

haha yeah it could be similar to the movie Split in terms of one actor being able to show their range

I'd rather Johnathan Majors be recurring in the MCU instead of one and done, which is what they do a lot with talented actors, granted some of them may just want their role to be one and done.

If Kang really is going to be the next overarching big bad, then he'll definitely be in multiple movies/shows over the coming years.

Just think about it: Thanos had cameos in 3 movies (Avengers, GOTG, AoU) before being the main villain in IW/EG. Much like with Brolin, Majors likely has a multi-film contract, rather than the "one and done"-type arrangements that, say, Mads Mikkelsen had with Kaecilius.

Last edited:
In which case the new TVA would be trying to conquer the timeline instead of defend it? That would definitely be interesting. But I think it would be more fun to still have a "Sort of Good" Nathaniel around.

It said TSY on the walls. So Time Something Something.

Time Stabilizarion Yokers

Yoke - something that binds, unites, or connects

They are trying to repair, reunite, and reconnect the severed branches of the sacred time line

If we get that and a black MCU En Sabah Nur, I would be so hyped.

Ancient Egyptians were Arab though. The African (black) peoples were referred to by the Ancient Egyptians and other nations of that time as being people of Cush (Cush-ites have to spell it that way to bypass the sensor) among other names. Rewriting history to make the Ancient Egyptians black is cultural appropriation and along the lines of supporting a conspiracy theory. It is literally replacing the history and culture of a specific race of people with another.

On topic, I thought Loki was the best MCU show since Daredevil. Jonathan Majors is a revelation. I can see why he got the role. Whoever gets cast as Apocalypse, Doom, etc. I hope they do so on the basis of talent rather than for the sake of diversity...I havent been this excited for the MCU since The Avengers post credits scene.

Last edited:
Ancient Egyptians were Arab though. The African (black) peoples were referred to by the Ancient Egyptians and other nations of that time as being people of Cush (Cush-ites have to spell it that way to bypass the sensor) among other names. Rewriting history to make the Ancient Egyptians black is cultural appropriation..
People from Cush DID rule Egypt for a very significant amount of time, though.
It's a mask. Still want the inevitable Conqueror variant to have it though.
The helmet and mask makes sense for a warrior's suit of armor, and it would be good to really set The Conqueror apart from all the other Nathaniels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"