Hawkeye Episode 6: So This is Christmas? (Spoiler Discussion)

The one issue I had with this show was that there wasn't a lot of fleshing out of the characters. That's why I enjoy Loki the most of any MCU Disney+ show, because a lot of those characters don't need to be fleshed out because a lot of them are basically different versions of Loki.

Rewatching the episode again, but did Kate and Clint reeeeealllly kill people in the fight at 30 Rock?

They could've just been KO'ed.

Rewatching the episode again, but did Kate and Clint reeeeealllly kill people in the fight at 30 Rock?

Some of those trick arrows looked incredibly lethal tbh.
It works like playing the Arkham games. Sure, I just drove into you at full speed and a burst of electricity sent you flying into a building - but my detective vision says you're just napping. :o

Wilson probably got his mitts on some black market super soldier juice.
We know from F&WS that it was out there on the market. It's definitely within reason for Fisk to have gotten his hands on some. Which would be a cool way to tie in the Shannon/Power Broker storyline.

While I do have some issues with this finale, I will still put it above Wandavision's finale.

This episode was garbage. Thanks, Marvel, for taking possibly your best onscreen villain and turning him into a cartoonish monster in a stupid-looking outfit. I was so pumped when I heard D’onofrio was coming back and now I wish they hadn’t bothered.

Speaking of wasting talent, Vera Farmiga was so poorly used in this series. Watch her in Bates Motel if you want to see her as a conniving, manipulative mother character. I get that they were trying to make her more sympathetic here but she’s not in it enough to make an impact either way.

And then they even found a way to screw up Yelena’s character by having this irrational bloodlust for Clint despite not even having a clue as to what actually transpired between him and Widow. And that’s a shame because Yelena is great and did more in 5 minutes of screen time in episode 5 than any other characters gave us throughout the whole show.

I’ve been on board with most of Marvel’s D+ shows, but this is and What If really lowered the bar. I’m not looking forward to Echo anymore, not only because Echo herself has no personality other than scowling 100% of the time, but also because Marvel is likely to screw up the rest of the Daredevil cast the way they did with Kingpin here.

FHW8PxxX0BEW40N

:funny:

Dunno if anyone else posted this but it seems Kingpin's outfit was Vincent's idea.

Vince is such a great guy. I don’t expect an actor to be committed to a role outside of what they’re paid for, but it’s nice when they are.

The only thing I didn’t like in this episode was the LARP’ers. We’re dealing with Avengers and super humans but these guys can keep up with them.

My read? Given the stylistic choices in the series generally? If the mooks weren't unambiguously dead, they weren't dead. Its not like the Tracksuits were the quality of mook who'd go "I have an arrow sticking into a non-fatal part of my body, I will get back up and continue to fight as opposed to laying down crying in pain".

So was Vincent D'Onofrio wearing a fat suit for this role? Because he seems to have lost weight in real life and doesn't look as big as he did in DD. Plus there were a few times when some of the skin on his head and neck looked slightly off and not quite real.

I was genuinely worried for Kingpin's safety throughout the episode and was hoping he'd get out of there as quickly as possible or get his goons to do his dirty work. I didn't want anything to happen to him when he just arrived in the MCU and with each passing moment he seemed to be pushing his luck. Just imagine then that he got gunned down by Echo upon meeting her. :argh:

I would rather that he pushed the gun away and Echo got shot instead. She's a boring character and I have no desire to follow her story. It's not like the actress is so interesting either. I hope Fisk isn't dead, because if he is, that would be like a Trevor Slattery-type twist to dump all over the character and maybe even send the message that if fans wanted Kingpin back from the Netflix series, then they got him for a brief period but this is what was going to happen to him.

I thought the owl swooping down to carry off the shrunken Tracksuit Mafia was funny. Apparently it's a homage to a real owl that was in the Rockefeller Tree.

I wouldn't mind if Laura turns out to be Mockingbird. They could just say it's a different actress playing the role instead of Adrianne Palicki. Besides, AoS never seemed quite in continuity with the rest of the MCU.

I'm still not clear on why Maya isn't out to kill Ronin still? I mean even after killing Kazi and possibly shooting Kingpin (can't believe people actually think he's dead lol), at the end of the day Clint is still the one who killed her dad. I can't picture Clint's threat being such a huge deterrent. Maybe she does still want him dead and that thread will be followed up on in her show...

Yelena should've fought Maya over who gets to kill Clint.

I wouldn't mind if Laura turns out to be Mockingbird. They could just say it's a different actress playing the role instead of Adrianne Palicki. Besides, AoS never seemed quite in continuity with the rest of the MCU.

Or there could have been multiple Mockingbirds and Laura was just the first? Laura could have just retired from the role long ago when she had her first kid. AOS was perfect with continuity up until Season 6. It's still up for debate on whether or not it's canon.

It's very possible that in the mcu Laura Barton was Agent 19, instead of Bobbi Morse. Laura could have never gone by Mockingbird for all we know at this point.

Its also very possible that Bobbi Morse doesn't exist, and even if she did exist she has nothing to do with the character as portrayed on AoS. Because AoS isn't canon, and hasn't been for years. *cough*

As for Maya and her quest for revenge, note that its not like the show had her declare "Having found out the truth, I am seeking to kill my new vendetta!" Her actions after the confrontation with Clint read more as "Get some verification of this story, and then run". She probably still hated Clint, but her short term priority was "Get away from Fisk"; her confrontation with Fisk where she shot him was a chance side effect of her trying to get Kazi to flee with her. Reading between the lines, she probably hated Fisk as much as Ronin, but she didn't think she could actually *take* Fisk ( rightfully so, I can't see her standing a chance against a Fisk whose not running on empty after being blown up ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"