The Force Awakens Episode VII Cast Announced(4/29/2014)

MSW is saying Kylo Ren is going to be on all the packaging. For me that all but confirms Driver, who was reported to be the new Vader by Variety at the start of last year.

I still think Gleeson is playing an alien or a new droid of some kind. Perhaps a new Threepio type to BB-8.

It would be a cool surprise to see him play someone who may be bigger than we think. I don't think he's even playing Luke's son.

Here's some minor casting information I dug up today. The highlights are pirates, politicians, a stilt-walking robot, a heavy weapons Stormtrooper, an evil castle set location, and a clan leader. Found under the AVCO, Foodles, Star Wars VII, etc. project names which all refer to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Siggi - extra: Pirate
Amber - Politician
Ancuta - Politician
Katy - Stilt-Walking Robot
Akosua - extra: A part of Main Street Crowd
Peter
Mark - supporting artist
Jamie - Heavy Weapons Stormtrooper / Heavy Storm Trooper (in Abu Dhabi)
Samantha - supporting artist
Francisco - worked Jun/Jul/Aug 2014) - Evil Castle crew character
Alvin - Space Pirate
Michael - stand-in: Clan Leader

(EDIT: January 26, 2015: Most have removed the references to the movie after publication.)

Last edited:
Cool, maybe Kylo Ren or the "puppet master" finally has a "castle". Wonder if they used the discarded designs of Vader's castle that was going to be in ESB.

Interesting Mag, great stuff.

Could be this "puppet master" is Andy Serkis no?

Goss.ie - Domhnall Gleeson: 'It was SO cool that Star Wars shot scenes in Ireland'

Domhnall Gleeson has admitted he found it “so cool” that some of Star Wars was shot in Ireland.

The Dubliner will shoot to even greater heights with his role in The Force Awakens – which was partly filmed in Kerry.

And the 31-year-old said it was particularly amazing seeing his home country being featured, as part of a hugely thrilling experience.

He added: “I’ve been on big sets before, like Harry Potter, and it was very grand, I had experience of that.

“But Star Wars is another thing and frankly I had an amazing time. I just buzzed about. I’ll be happy when all that stuff is public, actually, because you can’t mess up by talking too much.

“But I just tried to enjoy my time there, and it was wonderful. The experience?

“It’s the same as with every movie – you hope you end up in the movie, because you never know. And it was so cool that they shot some scenes here.”

http://www.goss.ie/2015/01/domhnall-gleeson-it-was-so-cool-that-star-wars-shot-scenes-in-ireland/

AnakinWeb - AW Reports #6 : Anthony Daniels's Interview on The Force Awakens
December 3, 2014

Daniels: I think [The Force Awakens is] a very good title. It's in the spirit of The Phantom Menace...Attack of the Clones...You know, it makes you think. So, where has the force been? What makes it wake up? Why does this happen? But, you know, I don't want to spoil any of the surprise...

The Comlink - Anthony Daniels - Costumes, C-3PO, & The Force Awakens - Comlink Conversations
January 31, 2015

Last edited:
Entertainment Tonight - Greg Grunberg Talks 'Star Wars,' 'Heroes Reborn' & Hayden Panettiere's Baby!

And you have Star Wars coming up.

I am so excited to even be in the movie! It’s going to be amazing. I can't say anything about it, J.J. [Abrams] always has this thing about the mystery box. But he has given out a little hints via charity. That’s really great. I am a huge Star Wars fan so to be in the movie was such a thrill.

The weird thing is, while we were shooting, they had these drones taking pictures overhead. They were taking pictures of these vehicles we had, which were in the first Star Wars! And we were like, really, what’s the sneaky need for those pictures then? I mean it’s cool to see where we were shooting, I guess. But I said to J.J., what kind of scoop are they getting if this was already exposed back in the 1970s?

Where were you shooting?

In London, I was there for six weeks. It was fantastic. Great cast, great crew.

http://www.etonline.com/movies/1597...ar_wars_heroes_reborn_hayden_panettiere_baby/

The Daily Beast - Lena Dunham Opens Up About the Big ‘Girls’ Shocker and Adam Driver’s Future on the Show

But what does this new development mean for Adam Driver’s future on the show? Many have speculated that his days on Dunham’s HBO series may be numbered given his rising star in the film world, including upcoming roles in the Noah Baumbach flick While We’re Young, Jeff Nichols’ sci-fi film Midnight Special, Martin Scorsese’s Silence, and, last but not least, a prominent role in J.J. Abrams’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Dunham, however, says that Driver isn’t leaving Girls anytime soon.

“He’s doing Star Wars so it would seem that way, but Adam’s not going anywhere,” says Dunham. “I’ve had people come up to me trembling in the street saying, ‘How’s Adam going to do Girls and Star Wars?!’ But we’re figuring it out. We love J.J., so we spend a lot of time on the phone figuring out how to split custody of Adam.”

She laughs. “I’ve never seen the first Star Wars. I’ve only seen the second three movies, which is embarrassing to admit—the ones with Natalie Portman. But when Adam got back, I was making a lot of rudimentary Star Wars jokes like, ‘Is there a lightsaber in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?’ And then I realized I had to just let it go and let him live his life.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ker-and-adam-driver-s-future-on-the-show.html

Irish Herald - Domhnall Gleeson is 'a joy to work with' says Star Wars director JJ Abrams as he toasts the Irish in Tinseltown

STAR Wars director JJ Abrams has said that Domhnall Gleeson is "a joy" to work with as he hosted Irish America's annual Hollywood bash last night.

Stars including Stephen Fry, In America actor Sarah Bolger, and Love/Hate star Brian F O'Byrne turned out for the tenth annual Oscar Wilde Awards which were handed out on the rooftop of Abrams' ultra cool Los Angeles Bad Robot headquarters.

He had nothing but praise for Gleeson (31) whose role in the upcoming Star Wars - The Force Awakens is top secret.

"He is such a brilliant actor. I cannot tell you how lucky we are to have him. He is so good and so smart. He's an utter joy to work with," Abrams told the Herald last night.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/...-toasts-the-irish-in-tinseltown-31008035.html

E! - J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars 7, Says Carrie Fisher's Daughter Billie Lourd Is ''Clearly Going Into the Stratosphere''

It's no secret that filming for Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens is well underway, and as expected, fans are dying for secrets from the set.

Directed by J.J. Abrams, the forthcoming flick stars original castmembers Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Peter Mayhew and will also see newcomers such as John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis and Domhnall Gleeson.

Fisher is reprising her role as Princess Leia and her daughter, Billie Lourd, is on board for a secret role, and while you may not know the name Billie Lourd quite yet, it's safe to say Fisher's daughter is officially a rising star.

"Billie Lourd, come on! She came out of nowhere, right?" Abrams joked to E! News at the 10th annual Oscar Wilde Awards, where Fisher was honored last night at the director's Bad Robot studio.

Asked how it's been working with both Carrie and her daughter, J.J. had nothing but praise to share for the 58-year-old actress.

"When you invite Carrie, they just all come," he quipped before adding, "It's great. I mean she is spectacular and as funny as you could imagine and a real treat to work with as well."

As for Billie, who also just joined Ryan Murphy's upcoming television horror comedy series Scream Queens?

"I've known Billie since she was six or something," the director said of the 22-year-old beauty. "So to see her...I can't believe that she's this young woman who's clearly going into the stratosphere."

During the event's green carpet, E! News also had a chance to chat with Fisher, who admitted she has yet to see the latest Star Wars trailer—"That makes me bad!" she exclaimed—after revealing how she helped her daughter prepare for her big acting debut.

"I gave her acting lessons," the mother of one, who walked the carpet with her French bulldog Gary, said before joking, "I don't act well, I give acting lessons—this is an ad."

Stephen Fry presented Fisher with her honor at the annual event, which also saw celebs such as Stephen Colbert and Mark Hamill in attendance.

http://www.eonline.com/news/627550/...-lourd-is-clearly-going-into-the-stratosphere

Last edited:
Variety - Ronda Rousey, Peter Berg and Iko Uwais Team on Action Pic ‘Mile 22′ (EXCLUSIVE)

Uwais also looks to be a star on a rise following his break-out performance in “The Raid” and “The Raid 2,” where he also served as fight choreographer. That performance caught the eye of J.J. Abrams, who later cast him in a significant role in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens.”

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/r...m-on-action-pic-mile-22-exclusive-1201319883/

Spotlight.com - MAISIE RICHARDSON-SELLERS
Spotlight Actresses 2014/2015

2015, Feature Film, korr Sella, STAR WARS VII, JJ Abrams

http://www.spotlight.com/interactive/cv/1/F125390.html

Last edited:
Collider - Simon Pegg Talks Writing STAR TREK 3 and Visiting the Set of STAR WARS Episode 7

Since you and J.J. Abrams are such good friends, what are your thoughts onStar Wars?

PEGG: I’m immensely excited, having been lucky enough to visit the set. I’ve never been on a film set where everyone has been so invested in the material because they are emotionally and intrinsically linked to it, as people who work in an industry that was informed by the original films. Suddenly, they’re back in those environments, seeing those sets again and seeing J.J. work with real physical things, and models and puppets and masks. Also, the new technology will, of course, be involved in it. The original films were always about the cutting edge. They weren’t retro movies. They were very forward-thrusting, technological masterpieces, and as such, there will be that stuff. It’s going to be extraordinary. I’m so excited for people to see it. It’s going to be everything that we wanted 16 years ago and didn’t get.

It’s so cool because it’s a combination of this vastly different technology with a franchise that makes you feel the wonder of being a kid again.

PEGG: Totally! I took my daughter to the set, and she met BB-8, the droid you see in the trailer. She sat with him for ages, and just talked to him. The guys were operating it, just off camera, and she was there. I said, “Come on, we’ve gotta go,” and she said, “I just want to spend some more time with him and have another hug.” It’s just a ball with a thing on it, but it’s a testament to that character, how much he’s going to impact on audiences because he’s so full of life. And that goes across, for everything. Also, to see the old staples again is going to blow people’s minds.

http://collider.com/star-trek-3-script-story-simon-pegg/

Bang Showbiz - Simon Pegg found Star Wars: The Force Awakens filming 'overwhelming'

http://hub.contactmusic.com/simon-p...he-force-awakens-filming-overwhelming_4650468

Last edited:
The Hollywood Reporter - Why More 'Star Wars' Actors Haven't Become Stars
March 25, 2015

The upcoming trilogy and interspersed spinoffs pose new challenges for stars Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and even Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o.

"When you sign up for this, you're signing your life away, and you're keeping yourself from any other franchises out there," says an agent whose client is one of the stars of Episode VII. "They will not let you be in another franchise. They're going to be cranking out a new movie every year. These actors never get to read the script before signing on. They don't even know which [subsequent] one they are in. And then they become known for that role, and it's hard to see them in a Fault in Our Stars kind of movie." Also, the pay is meager. Sources say the newcomers can only command $65,000 to $125,000 for Episode VII, with sequel options exponentially greater. Still, agents will keep pursuing. Paradigm's Sarah Fargo, whose client, Domhnall Gleeson, was cast in Episode VII, sees only upside: "It secures all involved a place in film history and guarantees a huge global audience, enhancing an actor's marketability."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/why-more-star-wars-actors-783949

About the "not allowed to be in other franchises bit"... Oscar Isaac is Apocalypse...

Access Hollywood - 'THE ORIGINALS' Q&A: MAISIE RICHARDSON-SELLERS ON REBEKAH'S WITCH SITUATION
March 16, 2015

Access: You have another project as well. I want to know about keeping secrets. You do a 'Star Wars' movie ['Star Wars: Episode VII'] and then you go to the set of another show. Actors have to ask you [about it]. How do you keep secrets?
Maisie: It's hard, it's hard. I guess just because I'm so excited about it and I don't want to ruin it for anyone else, I'd rather wait until everyone can share it at the same time. So it's sort of – it's keeping a secret until I get the pleasure to reveal it, so it's not as bad as having a secret forever.

Access: Who was most interested in trying to get information out of you – of 'The Originals' cast? Or were they pretty good?
Maisie: They were all really good. A couple of the guys on the crew are sort of huge, huge 'Star Wars' fans, so that was quite funny. So they got a bit overexcited, but everyone in the cast understands it, so they were all pretty respectful of it.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/the-...rs-on-rebekahs-witch-situation_article_105433

The Star - Jessica Henwick is the new face in 'Game Of Thrones'

Not only does Henwick appear in the fifth season of the hit series Game Of Thrones (as one of the Sand Snakes, a dangerous trio made up of half sisters), she’s also listed as a cast member in the much talked about Star Wars: Episode VII – The Force Awakens as ... OK, we’re not sure what or who she portrays in that film yet.

Getting the 23-year-old to divulge anything on Star Wars is unfruitful as she’s quite adept at evading questions pertaining to the movie.

“I think I am quite good at keeping secrets,” she says in a 20-minute phone interview from London. “You have to be in this industry. Every year, more and more shows are getting secretive because everyone is so good at finding information. Everyone is a little hacker. So yeah, you definitely have to be careful.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/Lifestyle...a-Henwick-is-the-new-face-in-Game-Of-Thrones/

Comic Book Resources - Miltos Yerolemou Shares Details of His “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Role

When asked by Spinoff Online if he was worried about being typecast, Yerolemou, who is perhaps best known as the First Sword of Braavos, Syrio Forel, in “Game of Thrones,” said he has no concerns.

“There’s no type casting when it comes to me,” Yerolemou said. “The only thing about typecasting I will say is that I always play foreign characters. When I say ‘foreign': alien in Star Wars, a French psychiatrist in a Danish film [in ‘The Danish Girl’] [and] a Dutch baker in [the upcoming drama/romance film] ‘Tulip Fever.'”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...ails-of-his-star-wars-the-force-awakens-role/

From TF.N:

tumblr_nn8l0uSzCK1satdkuo1_1280.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"