The Force Awakens Episode VII Cast Announced(4/29/2014)

Do we have an official "Who the hell is Dohmnall Gleeson playing?" thread?

BmZ1ikgCcAATDT7.jpg

It's been a year. A YEAR. Think about that.

Now it's less than 8 months before release.

NBC - Domhnall Gleeson talks Star Wars Episode VII

Actor Domhnall Gleeson of "Ex Machina" discusses his role in Star Wars Episode VII.
Published May 4th 2015, 12:37 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/watch/cnbc/domhnall-gleeson-talks-star-wars-episode-vii-439199299577

Entertainment Weekly - Q&Play: Domhnall Gleeson talks Star Wars, Ex Machina, while playing Star Wars Episode 1: Racer

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/04/domhnall-gleeson-star-wars-ex-machina

MTV - Domhnall Gleeson Describes Meeting His 'Star Wars' Co-Star For The First Time | MTV News

Last edited:
Last edited:
It sounds about right. Just have him never take his helmet off and give him a line or two and it's the perfect cameo. If I had to guess he will have a Jedi Mind Trick played on him.

Red Carpet News TV - Star Wars The Force Awakens Pip Andersen Interview

Q: And of course it's a special cast with new faces alongside some very familiar older faces. Did you get a chance on set to meet any of the well-known heroes of the franchise?

PA: Well Harrison [Ford] was probably the only one that I worked with on set as well as kind of talked to more. I didn't get the chance to meet Mark [Hamill] at all which was a bit of a shame, but I did get to see almost all the other main characters do their thing so it was good fun.

PA: It felt very much like school almost, like we were kind of kidding with each other all the time. So me, Daisy [Ridley], and John [Boyega] all kind of were around each other much more than I was with the more experienced guys. Yeah, it was good fun. It was really good. And Daisy and John both [are] absolutely lovely people.

Last edited:
Asian Correspondent - Game of Thrones’ master swordsman brings his teaching skills to Thailand
May 26, 2015

Speaking about his Star Wars gig, Yerolemou says: “It’s not really a job where you ask any questions.” He didn’t divulge if he’ll be wielding a lightsaber instead of a sword in seventh part of the franchise, because he can’t say much about it. He does say however that the film, “Lives up to its expectations,” and that it’s in, “very safe hands,” explaining that director J.J. Abrahams has, “gone back to emotional storytelling.” Many of the actors not only won’t say much about the script, but actually don’t know much, as they were only given their parts of the script to read.

“We shot at Pinewood. I’d be sitting on set next to aliens, animatronics; only a little bit of blue screen was used.” He called the experience a “mouth opener… a virtual reality adventure ride,” in which he felt like he was inhabiting another world, a fantastic environment, replete with, “tiny little thing strutting past my feet.”

http://asiancorrespondent.com/13314...dsman-brings-his-teaching-skills-to-thailand/

What's his ethnicity? Middle Eastern? Asian? Greek?

The name is Greek all the way, it's not even changed to seem more national.

The Wrap - ‘Star Wars’ Actress Billie Lourd on Princess Leia Rumors, Her Famous Family and ‘Scream Queens’

Lourd earned a degree from NYU last year, but pursued her secret dream (acting) nonetheless — landing a part in the very franchise that made her mother a star decades ago.

“This is the first job I’ve ever had — right into the fire,” Lourd told Interview of the top-secret “Star Wars” project. While she declined to share details about her character, she was quick to shoot down rumors linking her to Fisher’s iconic Princess Leia, who will also return in the new film.

“I’m not Princess Leia’s daughter,” she said.

http://www.thewrap.com/star-wars-ac...a-rumors-her-famous-family-and-scream-queens/

Entertainment Weekly - Star Wars: The Force Awakens actor assures: 'It’s gonna be incredible'
Secretive too: Even iconic actors couldn't take home scripts to memorize lines

[Greg Grunberg]: I can’t talk about who I play or what I did. But just imagine that you get a call from your best friend saying, “It’s true, I’m doing Star Wars and you can stop begging me, yes, I want you to be in this movie.” It was an absolute dream come true. I have been such a fan of all the actors and everything about Star Wars. … Some people may not have loved some of the movies, but it’s a whole world you can’t deny how super compelling and awesome it is, and I can’t believe I’m part of it. Like there were moments when J.J. would yell, ‘Cut’,’ and then come over to me and go, ‘Are you f–king kidding me? Did that just happen? Did I just pan from C-3PO to R2-D2 to Han Solo and then to you?’ I spent seven weeks in London and it was heaven. And it’s crazy cause usually I’m the first person that J.J. calls to bounce ideas off. This one is so top secret, and so on lockdown, that all I can do is ask him, ‘How’s it going?’ and he’s like, ‘Oh, I’m really happy.’ So I know if he’s happy it’s just gonna be incredible.

I can only say that practical effects are as important—if not more important—than the special effects. And it’s all about the story and family. I mean that’s what J.J. is all about. He did it with Star Trek and I’m sure that played into keeping that the franchise alive. And these new characters, these actors are unbelievable. They’re so well cast. What I’m gathering from all of the pieces I’ve seen is it’s everything that a Star Wars junkie like me wants out of the movie. We got our script pages, only the scenes that we were in. Not even what was being shot that day! It was all on red paper so we couldn’t copy it or take a picture of it. And then we had to give the script pages back at the end of the day. And we didn’t get them the day before to take them home and learn them—Carrie Fisher and I were talking about it several times, like, “This is crazy! An actor does not get to prepare on this movie.” But I think at the end of the day it plays into what J.J. has always talked about which is that the theater is a mystery box. I know my scenes. I’m very excited about my scenes. I was really happy with the stuff that I got to do. But I’m sprinkled throughout the whole movie, in a very small way. I can’t wait to see the rest of this stuff. I watched the trailer 20 times after it came out.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/22/star-wars-force-awakens

Last edited:
Damn right it is going to be incredible. :woot:

Tim Rose frustrated at Star Wars secrecy
SEPTEMBER 25, 2015 9:33PM

STAR Wars actor Tim Rose is frustrated at the amount of secrecy surrounding the latest addition to the famous franchise, Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.

ROSE, who played Admiral Ackbar in Star Wars Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983), reprises his role for the highly anticipated seventh movie but can reveal very little about his character or the film.

http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...tar-wars-secrecy/story-fn3dxiwe-1227544372809

He was featured in the BTS video at Comic Con.

I knew Ackbar was back, But I had no idea the actor Tim Rose who played him in ROTJ was back!

The more you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"