Comics Favorite Peter/MJ moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aw...If i knew it was the 1000th post coming up, i'd have double posted before.

Also, I'd definitely trade the 1000 posts in this thread to save the life of another thread.

Knowing the marriage was coming to an end, I didn't buy this issue...but I'm so glad to have seen it here. I love the look of pride on MJ's face just as Pete comes crashing through the window.

I think this issue gives Matt Fraction the right to write Amazing Spider-Man with a married Peter Parker. The guy is amazing. :yay:

MJBobbyCarr.jpg

Oh wait that's not Peter :grin: My Bad

I know this panel has been referenced to death.

But every page should have it. :o

I can't IMAGE a scene like this in the BND scenario.

148830-31693-mary-jane_super.jpg

It remains my favorite moment of theirs as well. Along with the wedding, their first meeting & her revelation that she's known all along.

Time to resurrect this thread from the bone yard

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL # 3
ultimate_annual08.jpg

The relationship between Peter Parker and Mary Jane is one of the most iconic and popular romances in all of comics -- and in this very special issue by series writer Brian Michael Bendis (SECRET INVASION), and red-hot artist David Lafuente [HELLCAT], that relationship delves into an area never before seen in any Spider-Man comic! Destined to be one of the most controversial issues of the year! :spidey:

Been gone for a while.

College sucks......

Anyway, thanks for resurrecting my topic. Hehe....still going strong.

Really looking forward to that Ultimate issue. I'm thinking they won't go through with it. I remember Bendis talking about how it took in a year or so just to get Marvel to go through with the issue. Bendis + USM + One Shot = Gold......

I was still collecting the hardback volumes of USM... but even that may be coming to an end...

If they actually cross this line... if Peter and MJ become blatantly sexually active... that would be a BIG mistake. HUGE. :mad:

Yeah, kids do it. And MANY kids DON'T. Waiting is smarter on SO many levels. Physical... emotional...

Spider-Man used to be inspiring... but Marvel seems to be hell-bent on destroying that. Hell, in ASM they tell us that Peter and MJ just shacked-up for years without marrying, so it would not surprise me if they trashed the character in USM as well.

I hope they don't. But, with all the CRAP that has happened with Spider-Man... I expect the worse. :(

I was still collecting the hardback volumes of USM... but even that may be coming to an end...

If they actually cross this line... if Peter and MJ become blatantly sexually active... that would be a BIG mistake. HUGE. :mad:

Yeah, kids do it. And MANY kids DON'T. Waiting is smarter on SO many levels. Physical... emotional...

Spider-Man used to be inspiring... but Marvel seems to be hell-bent on destroying that. Hell, in ASM they tell us that Peter and MJ just shacked-up for years without marrying, so it would not surprise me if they trashed the character in USM as well.

I hope they don't. But, with all the CRAP that has happened with Spider-Man... I expect the worse. :(

That may well be part of your religious conviction and that's great, but many people don't share those convictions. If they show it in a smart and thoughtful way, it will be a good story. It's all about the execution of the subject matter.

There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about premarital sex, if it's two loving, consenting, responsible individuals.

That may well be part of your religious conviction and that's great, but many people don't share those convictions. If they show it in a smart and thoughtful way, it will be a good story. It's all about the execution of the subject matter.

There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about premarital sex, if it's two loving, consenting, responsible individuals.
God created sex to be enjoyed, but gave it perimeters for GOOD reasons. He didn't say enjoy sex in marriage, and not outside of marriage, just to be a giant cosmic kill-joy.

I like this analogy: FIRE is beautiful in a fire place... keeps you warm and cozy on a cold night... cooks your food... and there is something so comforting, primal and mesmerizing about watching the flames... BUT that same fire OUTSIDE of the fireplace is devastating. It will consume and destroy in horrific ways.

But, God's commands aside, we're talking teens... First of all, they are RARELY responsible. And MOST of the time the "consenting" is preceded by a great deal of pressure or seduction. Both sexes are guilty, and it equals MANIPULATION.

"There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about premarital TEEN sex, if it's two loving, consenting, responsible individuals... !?"

THAT kind of thinking ^ is wrecking havoc on individuals and our society as a whole. Epidemic STDs, the greater emotional trauma of break-ups, unplanned pregnancies, single parent homes (statistically poorer), abortion (women KNOW they are killing a baby but feel trapped...), girls giving in and then feeling used... guys being manipulated and controlled... And the casualness that develops can turn sex into something as significant and meaningful as a good belch. :(

The vast majority of young relationships are NOT forever. Sex is meant to be "glue" in a committed (marriage) relationship. When it's part of a short-lived crush it can tear... the damage to the heart when the relationship breaks up is much greater, especially if you are also left alone with an STD or the guilt of an abortion.

BTW - Being OLDER and having volunteered in a crisis pregnancy center, I've heard many stories... I also have a cousin that got PG at "sweet 16." She was a cheerleader and her relationship with a linebacker on the football team was "loving, consensual" and devastating. It took her 10 years to get her life back on track and she'll never get back what should have been a carefree youth.

I just wish Spider-Man books would not perpetuate or glorify the minefield of premarital sex!

Lecture over... As you were.

:)

So...um...yes.

Peter and MJ had secks outside of wedlock in the 616...didn't they?
Or at least as strongly implied as you can get away with- without ACTUALLY showing it?

Back on a Mary Jane and Peter track...

The "Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane" series is back! (Sorta) Yea! :)

47ST072ORX.jpg

http://www.comicbookbin.com/Spider-Man_Loves_Mary-Jane_003.html

Post OMD/BND I don't frequent the comic book stores anymore, and this series was SO behind schedule, I just found out about it. They're already on issue #3, but I'll be picking it up. Too bad it was downgraded to a short mini. :(

Also...

I VERY, VERY HIGHLY recommend

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 1 (Hardcover)

And

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane, Vol. 2 (Hardcover)

Big, beautiful volumes that are relatively inexpensive, and the story/art is HIGH quality.

Last edited:
Awww it's cute. I really want to pick this up! Have been meaning to for a while. Maybe Xmas?

God created sex to be enjoyed, but gave it perimeters for GOOD reasons. He didn't say enjoy sex in marriage, and not outside of marriage, just to be a giant cosmic kill-joy.

I like this analogy: FIRE is beautiful in a fire place... keeps you warm and cozy on a cold night... cooks your food... and there is something so comforting, primal and mesmerizing about watching the flames... BUT that same fire OUTSIDE of the fireplace is devastating. It will consume and destroy in horrific ways.

But, God's commands aside, we're talking teens... First of all, they are RARELY responsible. And MOST of the time the "consenting" is preceded by a great deal of pressure or seduction. Both sexes are guilty, and it equals MANIPULATION.

"There's nothing wrong or unhealthy about premarital TEEN sex, if it's two loving, consenting, responsible individuals... !?"

THAT kind of thinking ^ is wrecking havoc on individuals and our society as a whole. Epidemic STDs, the greater emotional trauma of break-ups, unplanned pregnancies, single parent homes (statistically poorer), abortion (women KNOW they are killing a baby but feel trapped...), girls giving in and then feeling used... guys being manipulated and controlled... And the casualness that develops can turn sex into something as significant and meaningful as a good belch. :(

The vast majority of young relationships are NOT forever. Sex is meant to be "glue" in a committed (marriage) relationship. When it's part of a short-lived crush it can tear... the damage to the heart when the relationship breaks up is much greater, especially if you are also left alone with an STD or the guilt of an abortion.

BTW - Being OLDER and having volunteered in a crisis pregnancy center, I've heard many stories... I also have a cousin that got PG at "sweet 16." She was a cheerleader and her relationship with a linebacker on the football team was "loving, consensual" and devastating. It took her 10 years to get her life back on track and she'll never get back what should have been a carefree youth.

I just wish Spider-Man books would not perpetuate or glorify the minefield of premarital sex!

Lecture over... As you were.

I really don't want to wade in religion/politics on a Spider-Man board, but what about the views and opinions of Spider-Man's atheist and agnostic readers?

I don't see anything wrong with this (IF that even happens in the USM issue) and I think you have an unfair and colored view towards premarital sex. There are many people who don't have sex until marriage and then find they can't emotionally or physically connect with eachother once they do. Anyway, back to Spidey...

So...um...yes.

Peter and MJ had secks outside of wedlock in the 616...didn't they?
Or at least as strongly implied as you can get away with- without ACTUALLY showing it?

I kinda doubt it. But then, until some writer decides differently, he did sleep with Black Cat but not with Gwen. So who knows?

I kinda doubt it. But then, until some writer decides differently, he did sleep with Black Cat but not with Gwen. So who knows?

It seems odd that Peter wouldnt sleep with a woman he loved and probably intended to marry, but did sleep with a woman he had mixed feelings about. Still, who knows what mindset he may have had with the Black Cat. May have just had a close call in battle and here is this crazy sexy woman in tight black leather. :o

I guess the same could be said for Gwen, but she always seemed a bit more proper than Felicia.

DSC00076_edited-1.jpg

Well, you can read into it both ways.

It's generally the case that an image of someone closing the door after mentioning 'Lady am I GLAD to see you!' [or words to that effect] wouldn't just sit on the couch and watch Saturday Night Live with a hot cocoa. That statement seems to imply something pretaining to sex. And given the sexual freedom of the age in which it was written, of course?

But as I said...you can read in to it both ways. A snuggle is prefectly fine.

It seems odd that Peter wouldnt sleep with a woman he loved and probably intended to marry, but did sleep with a woman he had mixed feelings about.

The title of his comic is Spider-Man.
J/K-are we any different? We do dumb things in a relationship. Confusing things. And our first loves didn't die right in front of us.

Well, you can read into it both ways.

It's generally the case that an image of someone closing the door after mentioning 'Lady am I GLAD to see you!' [or words to that effect] wouldn't just sit on the couch and watch Saturday Night Live with a hot cocoa. That statement seems to imply something pretaining to sex. And given the sexual freedom of the age in which it was written, of course?

But as I said...you can read in to it both ways. A snuggle is prefectly fine.

Like I said, that's how it is until some writer says differently. He told MJ that he & Gwen never did it, & Felicia said in "The Evil That Men Do" that their relationship was strictly physical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"