Comics Favorite Peter/MJ moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragingdemon155

Superhero
Reaction score
These two have been through alot through out the history of Spider-man and are easily in my opinion the best couple in comics...or at least my favorite.

Anyway, just made a thread to see some of the fans of the Peter and MJ marriage post some of there favorite moments.

There are a ton but some of mine right off the bat...

- Peter's reaction after MJ tell's him she's pregnant. He was literally jumping off the wall.

-Spider-man #26 - story called "These Great Powers"....MJ tries to sneak up on Peter with the lights off to sock him in the head with a pillow. Spider-sense goes off and Peter dodges it. From there MJ and him discuss all of his powers in detail. Pretty cool moment.

-Kraven's Last Hunt - Peter and MJ were portrayed so perfectly in this story. Especially MJ. Love the moment when after returning of the "grave". Peter wearing his Spider-man costume looks back at a worried MJ...takes her hand and puts it to the side of his face before heading back out after Kraven.

I (heart) Marvel: Web of Romance.

This is easily one of the best Spider-comics in recetn memory. Spider-Man struggles and asks the advice of everyone from Griffin to Luke Cage about what kind of gift he should get MJ for Valentine's Day. The gift is incredibly cool, and, in true Spidey fashion, he and MJ play a prank on the HUman Torch, and then get busy on a neighboring high-rise! Giggity!

Amazing how well they read when they're handled as a young married couple.

Amazing Spider-Man (vol.2) #50
Despite my distaste for anything JMS seems to do, there was a time when he wrote the marriage quite well. This issue is his crowning achievement in that realm. This is the issue where Peter and MJ finally reconcile, and MJ gets to see just HOW MUCH she means to Peter, and we see that these two really are meant to be together forever.

Spider-man: Blue #6
This storyline is more or less about Peter & Gwen, but, in the end, MJ catches Peter "talking to" Gwen, and, instead of going crazy, she simply smiles at her husband, and tells Peter to tell Gwen that she says "hi". This is a rare case of MJ being written as very understanding...something we need much more of in the current books.

shinlyle said:
I (heart) Marvel: Web of Romance.

This is easily one of the best Spider-comics in recetn memory. Spider-Man struggles and asks the advice of everyone from Griffin to Luke Cage about what kind of gift he should get MJ for Valentine's Day. The gift is incredibly cool, and, in true Spidey fashion, he and MJ play a prank on the HUman Torch, and then get busy on a neighboring high-rise! Giggity!

Amazing how well they read when they're handled as a young married couple.

Amazing Spider-Man (vol.2) #50
Despite my distaste for anything JMS seems to do, there was a time when he wrote the marriage quite well. This issue is his crowning achievement in that realm. This is the issue where Peter and MJ finally reconcile, and MJ gets to see just HOW MUCH she means to Peter, and we see that these two really are meant to be together forever.

This storyline is more or less about Peter & Gwen, but, in the end, MJ catches Peter "talking to" Gwen, and, instead of going crazy, she simply smiles at her husband, and tells Peter to tell Gwen that she says "hi". This is a rare case of MJ being written as very understanding...something we need much more of in the current books.

Forgot about that Web of Romance issue. Beautiful issue.

:) One of my favorites was an old issue where Pete was moving out of his apartment and MJ threw him a party. It was pretty funny, the music was so loud everyone was shouting and giving wrong answers. And a pair of his nosy neighbors that liked to sunbathe came down, too. I think one of them was Mandy or something, and they liked Peter and would knock on his door. A lot of times he couldn't get in through the skylight fearing they would see him. I'm not sure of the issue, its pretty old and I'd have to dig through my collection. Pete was worried about the noise but MJ told him to loosen up since it was his last day. Basically she said "what are they gonna do, throw you out?" So he enjoyed himself after that. Really cute story. :)

I can't remember the stand-alone ish, but it took place when Pete & MJ were living in the building that Harry and Liz owned, just before Harry died (and Liz kicked them out).

Pete goes out to fight Mysterio and during the fight he sees a woman that he thinks is MJ fall from a building. He rushes to save her, saying something like, "it's okay, honey, I've got you." But then he realizes it isn't really her and snaps out of Mysterio's illusion. When he gets home that night, he kneels by the bed where MJ is sleeping and kisses her. She awakens and asks, What was that for?" And Pete replies, "for being the woman of my dreams and for being real."

Awww... I just melted. :)

~Mara Jane

MaraJanesSlave said:
I can't remember the stand-alone ish, but it took place when Pete & MJ were living in the building that Harry and Liz owned, just before Harry died (and Liz kicked them out).

Pete goes out to fight Mysterio and during the fight he sees a woman that he thinks is MJ fall from a building. He rushes to save her, saying something like, "it's okay, honey, I've got you." But then he realizes it isn't really her and snaps out of Mysterio's illusion. When he gets home that night, he kneels by the bed where MJ is sleeping and kisses her. She awakens and asks, What was that for?" And Pete replies, "for being the woman of my dreams and for being real."

Awww... I just melted. :)

~Mara Jane

Damn, try and remember the issue.lol.

I want it!

I'm torn between when she left for Florida the first time (or whereever, I misremember) or when went to L.A.. Good times. Good times. Too bad they didn't last.

What? :D

A bit less jerky, there was one issue, where Peter is describing his night as Spider-man to her, where he casually mentions various threats to his life and limbs and she drops a dish each time. That was a nice scene.

Beyond that... Nothing springs to mind, though I am interested in hearing other favs.

When Peter first meets MJ and she saids:

"Face it tiger, you just hit the jackpot!"

GREAT idea for a thread!

Hummm... there are several things that come to mind.

I really liked
Amazing Spider-Man #49 - #53 (Vol.2) where Peter and MJ decide to reconcile. (JMS does a good job with their relationship.)

In #53,
Peter was laying on his sofa, his head in Mary Jane's lap, discussing his latest "case" with her. After awhile Peter suggested it was getting late and that he should get her back to her hotel. Mary Jane insisted on staying, rejecting Peter's concern that he was distracted by the case and tired and that he wanted the first night they spent together after their reconciliation to be just right. Mary Jane told Peter why she came back:
PETER PARKER (SPIDER-MAN): I should get you back to the hotel before it's too--

MARY JANE: No.

PETER PARKER: No?

MARY JANE: Not tonight. . . I think it's time, don't you?

PETER PARKER: It's just . . . I want it to be right, MJ. No distractions, not when I'm tired, or chasing a case or--

MARY JANE: And will there ever be a day when that happens? I came back for you, Peter. I love you. For everything you are, for everything you think you're not. Distracted or not, tired or not, you're my lover. My husband. And the dearest thing in the world to me. . . Let me prove it.

[Mary Jane then kisses Peter, and he acquiesces to her intentions. Even JRjr's cartoony art conveyed the passion that intensifies. Later, after some off-panel "husband and wife" activities, Peter lies awake and thinks about how blessed he is to have Mary Jane in his life. He explicitly thanks God for his wife.]

SpiderMan_ThankYouForMJ.jpg

PETER PARKER (thinking): I can bench press a car. I can climb up the side of a wall. Fight twenty guys to a standstill. Swing across chasms thirty stories deep. Feel a bullet coming my way and move fast enough to get clear. But something in her makes me gentle. Makes me shy. Makes me strong. Makes me happy to be alive. And maybe that's it. Maybe that's what it really comes down to. She makes me. Makes me whole . . . She completes me . . .

So here's the thing, God . . . I know I complain a lot, and I know that you and me, we've got issues, but right now, just for tonight . . . Thank you for her. Thank you.

Even though that "she completes me" line is way cliche after Jerry Maguire, it was overall good stuff. :)

You know, for all of JMS's faults and mistakes he's made as the writer of ASM...he writes the marriage better then most writers ever have. He really handles the relationship between Peter and MJ extremely well. Through out his run there have been several great moments dealing with the marriage.

shinlyle said:
While I wasn't particularly thrilled with a few aspects of this story... for one, it's implied that Peter is depressed over Gwen EVERY Valentine's Day... THAT was a good scene. I happen have a pic of it:

SpiderMan_Blue.jpg

PETER PARKER: For years I've tried to make some sense of your death. Something -- anything -- that I could call "good" that came after all that . . . bad . . . And all the time I've been sitting up here talking to you, I remembered something I don't think I've told anyone.

The night of your funeral. MJ came to see me at the apartment. I was . . . putting it mildly . . . rude to her. I just wasn't up for that "Life is a party and MJ is the cake" thing. But, something happened that night. I think now your death was MJ's wake-up call -- that we weren't going to live forever and the party was going to end. Gwen, I don't think Mary Jane Watson could've had a serious relationship with me until she realized how much we all lost with you gone. She would later become my wife. I had to learn to love again, and she taught me how--

MARY JANE WATSON: Peter...?

[Peter looks up and sees his wife, Mary Jane Watson, standing at the top of the stairs.]

MARY JANE WATSON: Hi.

PETER PARKER: MJ...? How... How long have you been listening...?

MARY JANE WATSON: Long enough.

PETER PARKER: I... I'm sorry, MJ. I didn't mean for you to hear...

MARY JANE WATSON: It's all right. I just came up to make sure you were okay.

PETER PARKER: Yeah. I'm okay...

MARY JANE WATSON: Will you do me a favor, Peter? Say "Hello" for me and -- tell Gwen I miss her too...

Amazing Spider-man #521 - While watching MJ's play Peter goes on to say

"When you live with someone day after day, it's easy to forget sometimes who they really are, and what they can do. Then when you see it, when you're remembered just what they can do....it's a revelation. People see me swinging around skyscrapers and they think I'm pretty special. But it's not me. It's her. It's always been her. And at the after-party, every eye is on her....and I know that I'm the luckiest guy on the face of the planet."

Beautiful piece of writing from JMS.

Silver Sable said:

Agreed. Let's relive that classic moment, shall we?

mj.jpg

However, I am shocked, shocked that no one, NO ONE has mentioned this yet as a possible great Peter/MJ moment:

Page2.jpg

Shame, shame, shame on you all....:D

I was looking for the picture of Spider-Man punching her in the face from the clone saga, but couldnt find it :(

Silver Sable said:

yes that is one of my favorite mj moments, but the moment, their moment, when we know they're right for each other, let me try to remember it right

i think peter was feeling sick or whatnot. puma was in the story and he tracked peter as spider-man so he starts crashing peters house. mj's outside trying to get in.. she trys busting through the door. she doesn't care what happenes to her, she's only caring about peter's well being. she finally burst through the door but peter isn't there. when he comes back, she reveals that she knows he's spider-man. that she's always known. that's the mj i love.

Here's another good one which really says a lot about Mary Jane's character:

Page4.jpg

And what about this? Surely, we Peter/MJ shippers have to include this:

amazingspiderman-annual-21-marvel-nm-peter.jpg

Also, here's one for those who are wondering who the first Spider-Girl was. :D

000809.jpg

stillanerd said:

Page4.jpg
you go mj!

Cullen said:
And thus a new wallpaper for my desktop is born.

Where's this from, anyway?

Amazing Spider-Man #148, by Gerry Conway, which was part of the first clone saga that involved the first appearance of the Gwen Stacy clone. BTW, Peter, once he realized that he essentially slammed the door in MJ's face--being distracted by thoughts of Gwen--ended up feeling like a total dope.

EDIT: Of course, they..ahem..."reconciled" an issue later:

Page3.jpg

Yes, folks. This is when comics were a little more discreet about Peter getting some "Spidey action." :D

yeah, sometimes peter can be a jackhole, but it's mostly not his fault... there are some times when i hate him

stillanerd said:
Amazing Spider-Man #148, by Gerry Conway, which was part of the first clone saga that involved the first appearance of the Gwen Stacy clone. BTW, Peter, once he realized that he essentially slammed the door in MJ's face--being distracted by thoughts of Gwen--ended up feeling like a total dope.

Page3.jpg

Yes, folks. This is when comics were a little more discreet about Peter getting some "Spidey action." :D

Heh lol.

Great moment :up:

stillanerd said:

Page4.jpg

This is "the" moment for MJ in my opinion.

stillanerd said:

Page3.jpg

Oh well, the bad must come with the good... :)

Thanks for the info.

^^^^
No problemo.

EDIT: BTW, you might want to avert your eyes (or get a bucket ready) as I post this moment from ASM #143:

WhyYouMaryJanePart2E.jpg

WhyYouMaryJanePart2F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95