Error Code (aka The Great PSN Easter Outage of 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donut

Avenger
Reaction score

I tried adding a Credit Card to my account & I get this error code. I used to do this just fine before the latest update. Did Sony **** something up again ?

This has happened to someone else on the Hype, but I can't remember who. Maybe they can chime in if they found a concrete fix. This is a credit card issue I believe. Go into you account settings and retype all of your CC info. If that doesn't work I suggest you try a new CC. You can also call customer service for help as well.

Edit: Is this the Master PSN account and have you had your CC on there before? Also, have you moved recently?

Last edited:
I normally remove the card info after purchase as I don't want any accidental purchases being made. But its over a month since I last removed the card & like I said I have never had a problem doing this before the most recent system update & I have used this card before with no problems & I checked & the card is perfectly fine. This must be a Sony epic failure

Last edited:
It looks like certain functions of PlayStation Network are down & I guess the Credit Card options are one of them

Yeah I just saw that. Just wait it out I guess. :up:

Now I can't sign in completely & it looks like no one can. Epic Failure Sony

its down for maintenance

Yep. Just routine maintenance. Nothing to get too excited about. It's not the first time and I am sure it will not be the last.

Just as I was about to grab PS Plus, too. BOO!

well today is the day that Skynet nukes all humanity

I caught the same thing before I left the house this morning; 80710A06. I'd been checking online for a fix and largely came across the 'down for maintenance/wait for it to pass' line at a few forums. Eh.

I was freaking out this morning because I just had my internet upgraded to 50 Mbps and when I went to sign in to the PSN, it wouldn't sign-in. It was pulling an IP, plus I could get on the internet using the PS3's built-in browser. Then I logged into XBL and then I immediately knew that it was PSN problem.

So we are definitely sure it's not an attack and just maintenance, right?

Well it looks like it could be down for a day or two. I am starting to think it was attacked.

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/04/21/latest-update-on-psn-outage/

Anon is saying that if people enter in their Credit Card information they will allow them to access the Playstation Network & there is another article saying Anon said that they are not responsible for this & someone else is saying this problem originated in Japan & others are simply blaming Skynet. So take your pick

According to the Playstation RLS twitter, it looks like the problem is in Japan, and engineers are trying their best to identify and fixed the problem. Hopefully PSN service will be up soon, and won't last as long as the previous outage.

http://26star.com/profiles/blogs/psn-signin-problem-due-to

Last edited:
mine says"An error occurred. You have been signed out of Playstation Network(80710A06)!.....is that part of the maintenance???

I had trouble with my internet last night and not sure IF it's part of that or cause of some maintenance,I ran a an internet test and says my IP address&Internet connection succeeded But PlayStationNetwork=Failed!

Yeah, I have no idea. Maybe it really is something to do with Japan. I guess I'll just focus on getting the 100% on RDR until it is resolved.

apparently looks like Annonymous hit PSN again

A buddie told me he heard it would be down for a few days.. I hope not!

So, that means no Netflix for a few days...I can live without the PSN Store, or even Multiplayer for a few days...but I needs my Netflix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"