Error Code (aka The Great PSN Easter Outage of 2011) - Part 1

Go figure.
I thought the 360 sales would peak up, since many are so obssessed with online multiplayer.

It seems the PS3 sales would be even bigger if the outage hadn't happened.
same here. There was alot of talk of people trading in their PS3s and buying 360 and sales clerks advising against purchasing a PS3. Im surprised the PSP did as well also especially with it being pretty much dead and details of the Vita released. You'd think people would hold off on buying a Sony handheld. And there was the 3DS release but people arent buying that like Nintendo thought. Overall Sony came out of this hack okay and many thought it would cripple them

Wow. That's...pretty amazing.

Imagine how much higher sales would have been if the outage hadn't happened. Damn.

Go figure.
I thought the 360 sales would peak up, since many are so obssessed with online multiplayer.

It seems the PS3 sales would be even bigger if the outage hadn't happened.

Definitely. I'm sure if people looked back at that time they'd see Ps3 sales stagnate hard against 360. Later on that year though we had Uncharted 3 for people to keep up interest. Was that also the year the super slim model was released?

The Super Slim came out in 2012.

The Super Slim came out in 2012.

If Sony had the cut costs, and had the original Ps3 design closer to its slim design, and then had the super slim be the actual slim model in 2009, the turnout for the last generation would have been much different.

Costs probably would have been way lower, and all of those exclusives might not have been lost.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"