I Am Tired Of The Next Big Event!!

It's not like you /need/ to buy some of the event to know what the **** is going on.

52 for example. I could read OYL DC pretty much exactly the same without have reading 52, because it's not that much told.

Major events like Civ War and Inf. Crisis, yeah. But how often have those happened? Iden. Crisis doesn't really count for much, as it didn't have that much of a standing thing in the DC world, and for the life of me I can't think of a full global "everything in the comic universe is going to be effected" event from Marvel in a few years.

How is it not a big event? It spans across a few books and has a trailer.

Not as big as CW,plus the story warrants this "event".

Not like CW in which the event warranted the story.Marvel wanted to do a big line wide event long before they came up with the CW story.It was SHIELD versus Avengers and they just ran with the ball from there.

Yes. Only this time all of Iron Man's armor-wearing villains try to kill him because he's giving the armor-wearing villain community a bad name. :)

Yes. Only this time all of Iron Man's armor-wearing villains try to kill him because he's giving the armor-wearing villain community a bad name. :)

LoL That would be pretty cool to see.

celldog, why have you started this thread when just a few days ago, in a thread concerning civil war you kept ending your posts with world war hulk can't come soon enough. Surely this is something of a conflicting message? :confused:

This can be solved so easily. All Celldog/Slim has to do is, pour himself a glass of wine, put on his favorite Nat King Cole record, gulf down a handful of sleeping pills, and end his misery of seeing the next big event. The only next big event he'll be seeing is St. Pete giving him the thumbs down all the way to Hades, sounds like fun. :up:

This can be solved so easily. All Celldog/Slim has to do is, pour himself a glass of wine, put on his favorite Nat King Cole record, gulf down a handful of sleeping pills, and end his misery of seeing the next big event. The only next big event he'll be seeing is St. Pete giving him the thumbs down all the way to Hades, sounds like fun. :up:

But celldog's a good christian...he took the message of tolerance and forgiveness and used the parts he wanted as an excuse to spew hatred in the direction of the gay community. Surely such a "good christian" is guaranteed a place in heaven? :whatever:

But celldog's a good christian...he took the message of tolerance and forgiveness and used the parts he wanted as an excuse to spew hatred in the direction of the gay community. Surely such a "good christian" is guaranteed a place in heaven? :whatever:

My mistake, I must've confused him with the evil liberal Mr Sparkle.

My mistake, I must've confused him with the evil liberal Mr Sparkle.

Personally I think sparkle is too pc. He can be very funny but at the same time he can blind himself to evidence just because he thinks someone may be being rascist and miss the point altogether. But I much prefer him to celldog. At least sparkle doesn't have a christ complex and a compulsion to post articles and then contradict everything they say while somehow claiming they back up his argument :huh:

I'm way more excited about the X-Men event than WWH and CW and HoM combined

<--X-****e :o

Personally, it depends on the event. Civil War got tiring because it kept growing and growing and it was like ok, stop now. I am excited for The Initiative though ( I dont really count it as an event, but at the same time I do since its akin to OYL which I considered an event) and super excited about World War Hulk, even if the Hulk fanboys go crazy (we really need to create two separate threads for that) and the X-Men event has the chance of being really cool, but I dont know enough to make a judgement yet. And really does House of M count as an "X-Event" considering it involved everyone?

I was going to look at bits and pieces of WWH and ignore the X-Men event completely, but Beast is supposed to be heavily involved in the X-Men event, and I loves me some Beast.

I'm getting the Initiative in spite of its Civil War event connections because it's by Slott and it's got War Machine in it.

Well first off, I didn't post those. Second, just because a character claims something doesn't make it true (as you guys constantly say about Nick Fury and the HULK adapting). Third, the entire point of WWH is to establish him as the strongest, biggest, bad @s$ in the Marvel U. He is going to beat Black Bolt. My point about the HULK is he can beat anyone if he gets mad enough. That he can truly never be beaten. WWH proves this.

It has begun :csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad:

I was going to look at bits and pieces of WWH and ignore the X-Men event completely, but Beast is supposed to be heavily involved in the X-Men event, and I loves me some Beast.

I'm getting the Initiative in spite of its Civil War event connections because it's by Slott and it's got War Machine in it.

The X-men event seems akin to a Identity Crisis rather than Infinite Crisis.

It has begun :csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad::csad:

Jesus, good lord.

Stark's pretty much made The U.S. into Latervia.:doom:

If by Stark, you mean the American people who back him 100 %, then you'd still be wrong, because he's clearly executing the will of the people, we call this "democracy", a concept long gone around these parts.

The Initiative I'm very excited by and don't consider it an event but I don't really consider 52/Countdown events because they might as well be ongoings and seem to be the places just to read a more collective universe which is what just about all of us like in comics.

But it's not like you have to read the events if you don't like them, I didn't read HoM but loved Son of M and currently loving Silent War. If you didn't read Civil War doesn't mean you can't enjoy Captain America or The Initiative. Even with Civil War I only read the main mini and Young Avengers (and anythign which fell into my normal pull list) I didn't bother picking up the 97 tie ins and don't feel like I missed anything. WWH doesn't really appeal to me so I won't pick it up but Mystic Arcana sounds great - it's nothing to moan about that Marvel and DC providing what people want.

I think these types of things were created to fix certain contiuity problems (i.e. DC and their multiple earths). But now it's just about stirring up the pot "just because". What purpose is served by killing off Vic sage, Ted Cord or Ralph Dibny?? Is Charles Xavier even needed anymore?? Civil War created more problems. It fixed nothing.

I guess only a magic event will be able to erase this crap.

:heartbroken:

And I know that you don't have to buy them. That's a no-brainer. But this is a forum for those that wanna talk about it....pro or con. I don't buy everything that comes with a big event. Those that don't want to hear me say this had the ability to go else where.....right? :yay:

And I know that you don't have to buy them. That's a no-brainer. But this is a forum for those that wanna talk about it....pro or con. I don't buy everything that comes with a big event. Those that don't want to hear me say this had the ability to go else where.....right? :yay:

As did you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"