F.E.A.R Expansion Pack announced

Phaser

Intellectual
Reaction score
Normally expansion packs aren't something to get so pumped up about, but the new F.E.A.R expansion pack is expected to "kick off where the original game ended".

The full scoop.

Now everyone who has played F.E.A.R on the PC knows it ends with an awesome cliffhanger, which is why I'm glad we get to see what happens when the expansion hits stores this fall instead of having to wait a couple of years for the sequel.

Typically, expansion packs mean more weapons, more carnage, more explosions, more bodies, more spooks
Especially with Alma on the loose
- everything amped up, which in the case of F.E.A.R, can only be a good thing. :up:

Let me guess....The 360 version's extras are suddently explained...

TheCardPlayer said:
Let me guess....The 360 version's extras are suddently explained...

LOL......I WAS KINDA THINKING THE SAME THING. :D

BUT, I THINK THIS WILL STILL BE DIFFERENT FROM THE '360' VERSION; THE MULTIPLAYER AT LEAST WILL BE.

Now I'm going to have to buy this for the PC. *sigh*

I don't care what the 360 gets, I'm grabbing the PC expansion pack for sure.

Perhaps it's because of the X-fi, but ever since I noticed the considerable audio difference in the gunfire and background noise between my PC (running on 2.1 Logitech speakers) and 360 versions (hooked up to a 5.1 Home Theatre System) of Call of Duty 2, it's hard for me to play it on the 360 as the PC version sounds so much better. And I expect the same to be in the case of F.E.A.R as well.

THWIP* said:
LOL......I WAS KINDA THINKING THE SAME THING. :D

Actually so was I ....I thought 'oh so THAT'S the extra content' :D

I hope so anyway, I don't like cliffhanger endings in general.

Phaser said:
I don't care what the 360 gets, I'm grabbing the PC expansion pack for sure.

Perhaps it's because of the X-fi, but ever since I noticed the considerable audio difference in the gunfire and background noise between my PC (running on 2.1 Logitech speakers) and 360 versions (hooked up to a 5.1 Home Theatre System) of Call of Duty 2, it's hard for me to play it on the 360 as the PC version sounds so much better. And I expect the same to be in the case of F.E.A.R as well.

.....people actually care about stuff like that? :confused: That seems kinda anal to me.....I personally don't see how it would change the game play at all, but oh well, different strokes I guess...

Horrorfan said:
.....people actually care about stuff like that? :confused: That seems kinda anal to me.....I personally don't see how it would change the game play at all, but oh well, different strokes I guess...

Sound effects can have a huge effect on your gameplay experience. The audible impact of gunfire and background noise is just so much more louder and clearer on the PC (on 2.1 speakers to boot) than on my 360. Besides, I had an absolute blast playing F.E.A.R on my PC. Cranked up the volume, rocked the whole place, pissed off everyone with gunfire, explosions and freak-outs. Because F.E.A.R is the kind of game in which sound plays a vital role in enhancing (even influencing, in some instances) your gameplay experience, I want it to pack as much "oomph" as I can possibly get out of it.

Fair enough.

I need to get a better sound system/set up lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"