Shadow of War

I didn't know about any of that, though I'm not particularly surprised. Thanks for posting.

Why does the money not go to the family if it's bought in some states?

Why does the money not go to the family if it's bought in some states?
I assume it is tax and charity law in those states, as they are pretty spread out, much more then I originally thought. TB in the video gives a very obvious and easy solution to this (WB simply matches the donation they would have got anyways), but no indication WB is doing that.

Here are the states by the way:

Alabama, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, Mississippi and South Carolina.

What a weird thing to do.

I think all of the money raised from that DLC should go to the family.

I think all of the money raised from that DLC should go to the family.
Yep. What is awful here is that in many cases, the entire amount doesn't. Eurogamer has a comment section on their article where people are talking about buying the DLC for that reason. No one in the UK is going to be able to donate any money through this method.

Yep. What is awful here is that in many cases, the entire amount doesn't. Eurogamer has a comment section on their article where people are talking about buying the DLC for that reason. No one in the UK is going to be able to donate any money through this method.

yeah, it sounds like the intentions were noble, but the execution is less than stellar.

if all the money earned through the DLC can't go directly to the family, then WB should match the amount with a direct contribution on their part.

or some other solution.

Its WB Games. That they are using such a tragedy to make money so doesn't surprise me as it should.

yeah, it sounds like the intentions were noble, but the execution is less than stellar.

if all the money earned through the DLC can't go directly to the family, then WB should match the amount with a direct contribution on their part.

or some other solution.
they really should I'm donating to that other thing total biscuit mention I'm might buy this game later instead of launch. well I'm more not happy with wb games the publisher right now

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the inevitable "definitive edition" later on anyways.

I'm waiting for the inevitable "definitive edition" later on anyways.
Well game zone put up the new total biscuits put up

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]news Not all purchases of Shadow Of War 'Forthog Orc-Slayer' DLC will be donated to Forgey family Today at 12:35 pm

Three days ago, Monolith, the developers behind Shadow of War, revealed a DLC character that effectively...
Read more

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Epn.tv was already on the plane to pax so I'm not sure if Vic caught wind of the whole deal yet. if he did he'll like say something ether on his twitter or Vic's basement pod cast. that' s he found out about it.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Middle-earth: Shadow of War ‘Dark Tribe’ trailer[/FONT]
Published 17 hours ago. 0 comments.

Based in the shadows.

Shadow-of-War_09-05-17.jpg

Warner Bros. and Monolith Productions have released a new trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War introducing the “Dark Tribe.”

Middle-earth: Shadow of War will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide on October 10.

Watch the trailer below.

[YT]x1yHs4pTzhY[/YT]

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
this was put up to day on game zone

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEWSWarner Bros. denies accusations of profiting over dev's death with Shadow Of War 'Forthog Orc-Slayer' DLC Today at 10:39 am

Earlier this week, it was made apparent that the 'Forthog Orc-Slayer' DLC for Shadow of War, which was...
Read more http://www.gamezone.com/news/warner...-shadow-of-war-forthog-orc-slayer-dlc-3457213

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

source:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gamezone[/FONT][/FONT]

So where is the money going then? Why haven't they said and what was the point of the fine print then?

Yay it's going to be a sing off with tom bombadil!

Dance off would be better. Tom has the moves.

Hopefully its a large scale battle with an actual army culminating in something awesome. Id love to have to lay siege Bara-dûr.

I wonder what Talion could do that would somehow help the Fellowship succeed in their quest. Maybe Talion somehow weakens Sauron or traps him in his eye form or does something to Shelob. I doubt he can do anything to Ring.

Hopefully its a large scale battle with an actual army culminating in something awesome. Id love to have to lay siege Bara-dûr.

I wonder what Talion could do that would somehow help the Fellowship succeed in their quest. Maybe Talion somehow weakens Sauron or traps him in his eye form or does something to Shelob. I doubt he can do anything to Ring.

I'm pretty sure it's been implied Talion buys Middle Earth more time. Whatever he does, weakens Sauron and his army for a few years. Because the trailers state Sauron has returned to physical form, whereas in the OT, he's disembodied. Pretty sure Talion will be responsible for that.

Last edited:

as brolly just to you this take place between the hobbit and the fellow shipt and it was in these two articles a page over said this most recently

[FONT="]two artlcle from the same place
[/FONT]

safe_image.php

[FONT="]Middle-earth: Shadow of War’s true ending connects to the movies August 14, 2017

You'll need to complete a special endgame mode to find out how Shadow of War really ends.Read more[/FONT]

Shadow Wars itself will take place over the course of several stages. The earlier stages will feature Sauron’s forces assaulting one fortress and region at a time, while later stages will feature multiple assaults on multiple regions. While that aspect of the mode may sound a bit tedious, completing it is the only way you can access Shadow of War‘s true ending, which will reportedly tie into the main Lord of the Rings storyline, as Talion’s adventures in Mordor are clearing the way for the heroes of the Fellowship of the Ring‘s mission to Mount Doom. How Shadow of War‘s story specifically ties into the main Lord of the Rings trilogy is thankfully still a mystery, and the only way to find out is to complete Shadow Wars, giving players a pretty good incentive on diving into the endgame content.
also with

[FONT=&quot]Shadow of War has an explanation for why Shelob is a sexy lady [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]August 15, 2017 [/FONT]

It takes some logical leaps, but the Middle-earth: Shadow of War team does have an in-lore explanation for this huge change.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more[/FONT][/FONT]

Developer Monolith’s creative vice president Michael de Plater didn’t take the decision to make Shelob a beautiful brunette lightly. On the contrary, it comes from a deep-seated belief that Shelob (in tandem with Gollum) are actually the secret protagonists of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

According to de Plater, Shelob sensed that Frodo would ultimately fail at his mission of destroying the One Ring to Rule Them All and tasked Gollum with stealing the ring from Frodo so that Gollum could ultimately pitch the ring into the depths of Mount Doom. Shelob, therefore, is in many ways one of the protagonists in Lord of the Rings, even when she stabs Frodo full of poison.
[FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow[/FONT]

it was clear fro mthe frist game that the goal was to not let sauron's force's be bigger that would hindder the fellow ship's quest or allow to get to frodo earlier with over welming numbers

That's an effing dumb explanation about shelob. Just have the guts to call it like it is. Straight guys like t**s and a** even on a giant spider

That's an effing dumb explanation about shelob. Just have the guts to call it like it is. Straight guys like t**s and a** even on a giant spider

Or they could have at least come up with something less dumb than this...but yeah.
At least be honest about this instead of hiding behind some lame excuse.

lol

I have feeling it's more that the CEO has arachnophobia and so do alot of people game zone went on to say that most people wouldn't listen to the spider and when you think it that part true epsecially those that have that a phobia, sadly it's a bad excuse to make her hot. so won't dothink this answer will do for any & every fan that won't buy it, cause to a degree it's obvious. right? though alot of people will take to swing of their blade at her and won't listen to her in spiderform. which is the sad reality of it all.

[FONT="]

adding more details

[/FONT]
[FONT="]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]
[/FONT]

[FONT="]NEWSShadow of War: Monolith Productions Explains why Shelob is a woman and not a spider Today at 10:54 am

Anyone who has either read J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings or seen the movies by Peter Jackson knows that...
Read more
[/FONT]
it's also completely plausible. Shelob is the daughter of a character named Ungoliant, an evil primordial spirit who also takes the form a Spider. While Shelob has the ability to take the form of whatever she chooses, like her mother, she too chooses to be a spider in the books and film. But it's not out of the realm of possibility that Shelob could take the form of a woman whenever she wants.

PLater goes onto explain:
"Why would you take the form of a spider? Because they’re terrifying. It really is to provoke fear, there’s a psychological dimension to that, and the other thing with Ungoliant and the spirit of darkness is this line that she hates light but she craves it, and so Celebrimbor and the new ring also represent this new thing that she has a love / hate relationship with."
Game zone >>: To further the need to become human, unlike the films and books, Shelob has a direct need to communicate with Talion, the main character in Shadow of War, so it only makes more sense that she'd speak to him in the form of a human, than a large terrifying creature.

You may not agree with Monolith, but hopefully, their explanation gives fans an answer that does make sense within the lore and the game, regardless of how hardcore fans feel.

Middle-Earth: Shadow of War releases on October 10, for PC, XBox One (S and X), PS4 (Pro) for $59.99. Monolith also created another form of controversy within Shadow of War, by introducing a feature that has divided fans.
lol this is about the people that have that phobia.of spioders partly. Making her a hot lady is another thing though.

ok moving from that here's the latest Trailer

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
[FONT=&quot]Middle-earth: Shadow of War ‘Feral Tribe’ trailer[/FONT]
Published 21 hours ago. 2 comments.

A faction of Orcs who revere the fearsome beasts of Mordor.

Shadow-of-War_09-12-17.jpg

Warner Bros. and Monolith Productions have released a new trailer for Middle-earth: Shadow of War introducing the “Feral Tribe.”
Here’s an overview of the Feral tribe, via Warner Bros.:
The Feral tribe is a faction of Orcs who revere the fearsome beasts of Mordor, feeding on the strength of these vicious creatures as inspiration for their own acts of savagery. In Shadow of War, Orcs now belong to tribes, which extend their influence stemming from the Overlords ruling the mighty fortresses throughout the open world, providing a rich ecosystem of missions, exploration and a dynamic Orc society with diverse Orc cultures, all brought to life through the expanded Nemesis System. Feral Orcs live among the graugs, caragors, drakes and other monsters when they can, while adorning their clothing and armor with trophies from the beasts they’ve hunted. In battle, the Feral tribe is also infamous for roaring, snarling and rending flesh with a ferocity that rivals any caragor.
Middle-earth:Shadow of War will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC worldwide on October 10.

Watch the trailer below.
[YT]KrF0FAP-fvE[/YT]

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]

So, here's the all the details and I 'm putting up two small quotes from the article below

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
safe_image.php
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Story, gameplay, Nemesis system updates [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]September 15, 2017[/FONT]

Shadow of War is set to be one of the year's big games, so we've put together a guide to everything you need to know.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Read more [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Will Shadow of War do a better job handling the Lord of the Rings lore than Shadow of Mordor did? It’s pretty well known that Shadow of Mordorhad some blowback from the hardcore Lord of the Rings community in terms of how it handled a lot of the series’ mythos. It’s never easy to work in such an established universe with such strict guidelines, particularly given that the time period in question is so well documented. Considering the dedication of fans to this series, Monolith trying to clean up some loose strings could go a long way, I’m sure. Then again, they’re already using Minas Morgul and Minas Ithil pretty interchangeably here, which really shouldn’t be done if they’re trying to stay true to what’s accepted. Also, the reveal of Shelob, the infamous giant spider from The Two Towers, is seen as an ally for Talion in recent trailers. She has been given a human form by which to communicate visions to Talion like some sort of seer, and this has caused much rancor to already be spewed forth by series purists. So, if you’re looking for Monolith to color within the lines, you might be disappointed here.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Where exactly on the Lord of the Rings timeline does this game take place? Although previously vague about where exactly Shadow of War takes place in the 60-year gap between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring, WBIE has since confirmed that Shadow of War‘s events directly pave the way for the heroes to start their mission to Mount Doom in The Fellowship of the Ring. This means it likely could start several months to years before that, depending on the length of this game’s narrative, but that it’s ending will butt right up against the already established timeline. We’ve also since learned that there will be a second, true ending in the game if you complete Shadow of War‘s “Shadow Wars” post-game content, where Sauron’s forces try to reclaim all of your previously conquered fortresses in a Horde-style mode. A successful defense will give the true ending and hopefully smooth out any rough edges between this game and the movies.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]source: EGMnow[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"