Fabian Wagner is the cinematographer.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
Due to schedule conflicts, Larry Fong is not the cinematographer (bummer IMO, with the sublime work on BvS) for JL part 1, but he promised on twitter he will be back, maybe for part 2 or another DCEU movie.

The guy in charge now is Fabian Wagner (Game of Thrones, Sherlock) to bring to life the first part of the Justice League cinematoghrapic speaking.

Cfty5EXWsAI0jJE.jpg

As Fong has said, Justice League part 1 is in GOOD HANDS, we just have to see his previous work.

You can share his previous works here regarding cinematography, his best shots and of course what do you expect to see in Justice League part 1 from Wagner.

https://t.co/Q9vHj8VMZk

Last edited:
I'd like to start off by saying that Season Five's "Hardhome" episode was the most gorgeous looking episode of Game of Thrones that i've ever seen.

Looking forward to this.

I'm not familiar with this guy's works at all. But he seems fair enough.

PLEASE have nice, bright, colourful shots.

PLEEEEEEEEASE.

I'm fine with it not being as bright as MARVEL but some visually colourful shots would be nice. I don't understand a guy who embraced colours in Watchmen just got rid of it with DCEU. That colour tone with blue hues would've worked with the new DCEU.

Yeah, the movie was in black and white. :funny:

You must have missed all the Metropolis scenes. Tho if you wanted something as colorful and bright as Marvel, well, I don't know if you will ge it in ANOTHER COMPANY!

I don't know on which screens some of you see movies,.. or maybe Gotham needed to be colorful and bright. :doh: :shrug:

Last edited:
PLEASE have nice, bright, colourful shots.

PLEEEEEEEEASE.

I can almost guarantee that Justice League Part 1 will look a "lot" different from Man of Steel and BvS.

One of the reasons that people found those movie "dull" were washed out color palette, after the backlash WB got for both MoS and BvS, we can expect some drastic changes in JL.

Starting from a brighter, more colorful tone and no shaky camera work.

I can almost guarantee that Justice League Part 1 will look a "lot" different from Man of Steel and BvS.

One of the reasons that people found those movie "dull" were washed out color palette, after the backlash WB got for both MoS and BvS, we can expect some drastic changes in JL.

Starting from a brighter, more colorful tone and no shaky camera work.

Yeah I believe there will be a lot more "on location" scenes than BvS, or at least I hope that. Also, I think they are starting at the Amalfi Coast today, per their official photographer tweets earlier this morning.

Snyder understands what is pretty. I'm not worried about that.

I liked his work on Sherlock and Game of Thrones but in Frankenstein it was meh. But that's more McGuigan's fault.

I'm afraid we have different definition of what dull means, then.

While it won't be as dark (not dull) as in BvS (because for example, Gotham scenes and BATMAN scenes are like that, but we saw Superman and daylight scenes tha I don't know if some people went to the bathroom during those scenes) JL will continue with the same squeme but with different themes colliding. Are you expecting a Marvel color scheme type of movie? Prepare yourself for dissapointment because that AINT happening.

Imagine people wanting rainbows and brightness in Apokolips if we saw the world in either JL part 1 or 2 or otherwise it will be DULL :whatever: :funny:

Just take the horrible murky filter off. I can deal with dark colours and desaturation, but get rid of that horrible filter that's applied to everything

I'm not familiar with this guy's works at all. But he seems fair enough.

Film
The Legend of Barney Thomson
Victor Frankenstein
Justice League Part One

Television

Spooks: Code 9 1,2,3,4,5,6
Ashes to Ashes 3,4
The Street 4,5
The Fixer 3,4
Hustle 1,2 5,6
Survivors 3,4
Pulse
TV movie
Spooks
9 2,3
Accused
Hustle 5,6
Scott & Bailey 1,2,3,4
Frankenstein's Wedding
Musical broadcast
DCI Banks 3,4
Mrs Biggs 1,2,3,4,5
Accused 1,4
Sherlock 1, 2, 3
Sinbad
Lucky 7 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
The White Queen
Da Vinci's Demons 3,4,5,6
Game of Thrones 4 6, 7
Churchill's Secret TV movie
Make Your Face Funny for Money... With Make-Up
TV movie
Make Your Face Funny for Money: The Mechanics TV movie
The Family 1

Last edited:
I'm afraid we have different definition of what dull means, then.

While it won't be as dark (not dull) as in BvS (because for example, Gotham scenes and BATMAN scenes are like that, but we saw Superman and daylight scenes tha I don't know if some people went to the bathroom during those scenes) JL will continue with the same squeme but with different themes colliding. Are you expecting a Marvel color scheme type of movie? Prepare yourself for dissapointment because that AINT happening.

Imagine people wanting rainbows and brightness in Apokolips if we saw the world in either JL part 1 or 2 or otherwise it will be DULL :whatever: :funny:

Daylight in Batman v Superman

Batman-V-Superman-Trailer-Metropolis-Gotham.jpg

Daylight in The Dark Knight

darkknight-imax-short-joker.jpg

There's a HUGE difference here. Both are "dark" films. However, daylight actually looks like daylight in The Dark Knight.

Because it's "darkness" comes from more than murky filters.

It's one of the many reasons I'll never understand why people say Snyder's films are "too Nolan". His aesthetic is nothing like Nolan's.

Visually, Nolan's Batman films are not that dark. Lots of bright, clear shots. Even the filters are clear and often in vibrant colours (orange, blue)

Last edited:

There's a HUGE difference here. Both are "dark" films. However, daylight actually looks like daylight in The Dark Knight.

It's one of the many reasons I'll never understand why people say Snyder's films are "too Nolan". His aesthetic is nothing like Nolan's.

Visually, Nolan's Batman films are not that dark. Lots of bright, clear shots. Even the filters are clear and often in vibrant colours (orange, blue)

It's an overcast day. Last time I checked, that's what overcast days look like. And it's not surprising considering that a day later or so, it was storming and raining...

It's an overcast day. Last time I checked, that's what overcast days look like. And it's not surprising considering that a day later or so, it was storming and raining...

Without even getting into the fact that it doesn't need to be overcast and raining - thats part of the reason the movie is such a downer -

You can see the sun here, or at least gaps in the clouds...

url

batman-v-superman-trailer-027.jpg

sdcc-2015-full-batman-v-superman-trailer-superman-arriving-at-congress-502555.jpg

Suicide Squad is brighter than BvS.:o
1CZudip.jpg

No more night shots Por Favor.

There's a HUGE difference here.

We also got this cringe-worthy scene of Batman fighting Bane in BRIGHT daylight.

the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

I even found this scene too bright. Anyone could've looked out from the surrounding buildings and seen Batman there, as clear as day

batman-begins-20050526092925577-000.jpg

Batman does not work well in day scenes, period. He looks like nothing more than a guy in cosplay. JL1 can always have Bruce walk around in day, and have the day scenes as bright as people want it to be. Then balance it with Batman in night, as stark black as BvS had it. But PLEEEEAZZZZE don't mix the two.

We also got this cringe-worthy scene of Batman fighting Bane in BRIGHT daylight.

the-dark-knight-rises.jpg

I even found this scene too bright. Anyone could've looked out from the surrounding buildings and seen Batman there, as clear as day

batman-begins-20050526092925577-000.jpg

Batman does not work well in day scenes, period. He looks like nothing more than a guy in cosplay. JL1 can always have Bruce walk around in day, and have the day scenes as bright as people want it to be. Then balance it with Batman in night, as stark black as BvS had it. But PLEEEEAZZZZE don't mix the two.

You misunderstand.

I'm not saying everyone must be shot in pure daylight.

I'm saying that they need to shoot it so it actually has some colour, light and contrast.

Not just every scene in the movie being a grainy, grey filter.

so guessing you would prefer david ayer

day shots from suicide squad trailer
suicide-squad-new-trailer-image-1.png

suicide-squad-new-trailer-image-33.png

I think that Ayer's daytime shots also suffer from being a bit murky, but they look more visually appealing than Snyder's.

Ayer's night-time shots are great.

I think that Ayer's daytime shots also suffer from being a bit murky, but they look more visually appealing than Snyder's.

Ayer's night-time shots are great.

Mhmm. Ayer's daytime aesthetic in Suicide Squad looks a little bit 'swampy' to me (a bit greenish), but his nighttime footage so far looks sublime.

And both look a lot better than Snyder's work thus far in the DCEU imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"