Fallout | Amazon Prime

It looks really good! I only played a small part of Fallout 3 so I'm not too familiar with the lore, but it looks like a faithful adaptation of the universe. I'm thinking I should try the fourth game or New Vegas before the show comes out.
Try New Vegas, probably my favorite of the series.

It looks really good! I only played a small part of Fallout 3 so I'm not too familiar with the lore, but it looks like a faithful adaptation of the universe. I'm thinking I should try the fourth game or New Vegas before the show comes out.

Fallout 4 gets a lot of hate but it’s a fantastic game. Great story and characters, and the Boston setting is really cool.

I thought Fallout 76 was the one everyone hated.

other-team-crowd.gif

I thought Fallout 76 was the one everyone hated.

It is, but Fallout 4 threw a bunch of people into a rage too because it has a voiced protagonist or something. I started watching a video on YouTube yesterday by this idiot who claimed the Fallout TV show trailer is an abomination and he prefaced it by saying that Fallout 4 was so bad that it “not only made him lose faith in Bethesda but in the gaming industry as a whole.” Lol these people need to get a ****ing life.

It is, but Fallout 4 threw a bunch of people into a rage too because it has a voiced protagonist or something. I started watching a video on YouTube yesterday by this idiot who claimed the Fallout TV show trailer is an abomination and he prefaced it by saying that Fallout 4 was so bad that it “not only made him lose faith in Bethesda but in the gaming industry as a whole.” Lol these people need to get a ****ing life.
Those are all the "No Mutants Allowed" crowd. In their eyes, with the exception of New Vegas (which was done by Obsidian), everything that is Bethesda Fallout is garbage. You can't please them.

Those are all the "No Mutants Allowed" crowd. In their eyes, with the exception of New Vegas (which was done by Obsidian), everything that is Bethesda Fallout is garbage. You can't please them.

Yeah. I can’t stand those haters. Bethesda is by no means perfect but those fans have such an obvious vendetta that you can’t take anything they say seriously.

So I've never played Fallout, but this definitely looks right up my alley. I did see some playthrough footage back in the day and I remember really enjoying it, so it wasn't going to take much to sell me on this.

Looks cinematic asf and I can't wait to see more of the Walton Goggins character. Also, between this and HOTD Season 2 2024 is definitely going to be another banger year for shows.

But Fallout 4 was still a huge hit. It sold over 25 million copies. Has an 8.7 rating on metacritic.

Everywhere I looked (here, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube) I've seen nothing but hope for this series after the trailer. So while I was searching reactions I saw a guy who was proclaiming the show to be a disaster and I was curious to see where he was coming from and hear some concerns of people who are more familiar than me with this universe.

I started watching and he made some generalisations about how all Amazon originals suck and how Bethesda never understood the universe, which frankly I heard in one way or the other before by people who prefer New Vegas or the original two games over the rest. So nothing surprised me but I was waiting to hear specifics. And then he went into the trailer itself and I was like "OK, now we're talking, give me why you think this is going to be bad". And he was commending on the video and paused the footage and the very first think he had to say was literally "Female protagonist: That's never a good sign". Like, what the hell does this even mean? :funny: There was no need to hear anything else after that and I immediately checked out at that point, so I have no idea what he said in the rest of the video.

Needless to say he could very much be your guy. :oldrazz: At least I hope there are not too many of these *****es making these types of videos.

Everywhere I looked (here, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube) I've seen nothing but hope for this series after the trailer. So while I was searching reactions I saw a guy who was proclaiming the show to be a disaster and I was curious to see where he was coming from and hear some concerns of people who are more familiar than me with this universe.

I started watching and he made some generalisations about how all Amazon originals suck and how Bethesda never understood the universe, which frankly I heard in one way or the other before by people who prefer New Vegas or the original two games over the rest. So nothing surprised me but I was waiting to hear specifics. And then he went into the trailer itself and I was like "OK, now we're talking, give me why you think this is going to be bad". And he was commending on the video and paused the footage and the very first think he had to say was literally "Female protagonist: That's never a good sign". Like, what the hell does this even mean? :funny: There was no need to hear anything else after that and I immediately checked out at that point, so I have no idea what he said in the rest of the video.

Needless to say he could very much be your guy. :oldrazz: At least I hope there are not too many of these *****es making these types of videos.

LOL, yep. I knew as soon as they announced that the main protagonist was going to be female and the secondary protagonist would be a Black man, I knew the misogynists and racists would come out of the woodwork. Homophobes too; I saw one negative review video on YouTube where some A-hole photoshopped a rainbow flag onto one of the Power Armor suits in an effort to mock them. What a bunch of losers.

But Fallout 4 was still a huge hit. It sold over 25 million copies. Has an 8.7 rating on metacritic.

Yeah, it’s a great game and it’s popular but the “bEtHeSdA SUKCS!” crowd tends to be very loud. I guess it’s like anything. The loudest voices tend to skew the perception on stuff, even if they don’t represent the majority.

LOL, yep. I knew as soon as they announced that the main protagonist was going to be female and the secondary protagonist would be a Black man, the misogynists and racists come out of the woodwork. Homophobes too; I saw one negative review video on YouTube where some A-hole photoshopped a rainbow flag onto one of the Power Armor suits in an effort to mock them. What a bunch of losers.
Why, though? :huh::huh: They didn't change the race or the gender of a pre-established character from the games. This is its own thing. Even worse, in the games (or at least some of them) you choose the gender of your character yourself! I mean, there are complaints that I can understand even if I don't agree with, and there are some really baffling things like in this case. These people should really get a life and we shouldn't give them any clicks.

Also, it’s nice to see Dogmeat (apparently) in this show. I hope they give him that name; Dogmeat has shown up in every one of the main Fallout games regardless of where they are located so hopefully they continue with that tradition. It might not make sense that a dog has lived that long in the wasteland or shown up in so many places but… seriously, it doesn’t matter. Dogmeat is just cool.
Dogmeat is omnipresent and immortal. Wherever you go, whenever it is, there will be Dogmeat.

Why, though? :huh::huh: They didn't change the race or the gender of a pre-established character from the games. This is its own thing. Even worse, in the games (or at least some of them) you choose the gender of your character yourself! I mean, there are complaints that I can understand even if I don't agree with, and there are some really baffling things like in this case. These people should really get a life and we shouldn't give them any clicks.

I know. They’re just bigots. To them, everything is a failure unless all the hero characters are straight white men and women are only there to serve as eye candy.

Dogmeat is omnipresent and immortal. Wherever you go, whenever it is, there will be Dogmeat.

Nice. Dogmeat even shows up in Skyrim!

Love the shot of the guy with a suitcase running in the desert, feels straight out of the games.
The studio behind free 2-day shipping. LOL!

I love that the show seems to have a sick sense of humor like the games. I don’t remember cyclops characters in the games though. Is that new?
Probably did it for the irony of having a one-eyed overseer.
So I've never played Fallout, but this definitely looks right up my alley. I did see some playthrough footage back in the day and I remember really enjoying it, so it wasn't going to take much to sell me on this.

Looks cinematic asf and I can't wait to see more of the Walton Goggins character. Also, between this and HOTD Season 2 2024 is definitely going to be another banger year for shows.
You should check out New Vegas and Fallout 3 if you get a chance. Just make sure you save often in Fallout 3 due to the crashes. :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"