The Official Final Fantasy XII Thread

i love finnail fantasy 12 it has been a while since they finnaily got a good story. I think number 7 was actually the last time they did have a good story.
but the graphics are great on this game and the chracters r great too 10 tumbs up 4 this game! :)

the White Mousse kicked my azz when I first tried to go after him. That was one of the hardest battles until I got leveled up

I was level 27 and I still struggled. I wished I'd realised i coulda used beserk on him. Bummer.

i love finnail fantasy 12 it has been a while since they finnaily got a good story. I think number 7 was actually the last time they did have a good story.
but the graphics are great on this game and the chracters r great too 10 tumbs up 4 this game! :)
I like that this story was less convoluted and that I could actually follow it easily. I loved X but all that story with dreams and stuff was confusing. I do prefer Xs overall though bc I preferred its emphasis on the characters and the story was character driven whereas XII was plot driven. The politcs and stuff was great for an overall theme but the characters didnt seem as important. I hope Im making sense here

I also thought the game was great.The fighting engine is revoultionary,i could imagine its going to become the standard.But i have a question,im at the end of the game.I actually beat it,and im doing extra things.So when i check the bestiary,there is still a small chunk of space.

Like there are areas i have not been to yet,but i cant think of anywhere i have not been.There is a secret area at the Pharos Lighthouse,The Lushu Mines and a area in The Feywood that leads to a hidden part of the mines near Jahra.But its a dead end,and i cant seem to find any path that leads there.I would not like anyone to tell me,as ill find it myself.

there was hardly any character development whcih sucked.. and hardly any twists which also sucked

The story is lacking, and the cutscenes are pretty dire, but this may be the only FF game that (whilst never reaching the heights of the others) doesn't really need it IMO. The gameplay is really addictive. I love the loot and hunt system. Awesome.

yeh i must admit i do liek the loot and definitly the hunt system. but seriously vaan is probly the weakest main character ever, his voice is always mono tone and we dnt really find out anything about him

lol, very true, but same can be said of all the peripheral characters as well.

i find all of the other characters alright, even tho yeah you dont learn alot about them but they are still far more interesting then vaan. they all have there interesting personalitys, but vaan just dosent have one

Maybe an empty canvas onto which the player can project themselves upon?

Naaa just a poor character. :up:

i find all of the other characters alright, even tho yeah you dont learn alot about them but they are still far more interesting then vaan. they all have there interesting personalitys, but vaan just dosent have one
I thought Vaan had a personality. He came off as an annoying prick in the beginning but that quickly faded away.

But Vaan wasnt the main character. I dont believe this one really had one. I thought Ashe was more of a main character than he was and I can see how others can make an argument for the others

well i class him as the main one because you walked around towns with him. but seriously hes as dull as his voice was, i mean why on earth did they hire tht man do do his voice it was terrible lol

I'm with Uchiha, Vaan was technically the main character, although all the characters recieved equal if not better focus.

In a way it reminds me of FF6. I really hated the main 'theif' character, but really loved the tanks/damage dealers Sabin and Locke (i think). They were far superior to the main character, both in style and story.

Terra was the main character in 6, jerks! :cmad:

Woof steady on! It was only me, so thats jerk singular.

Secondly, I only got throught half the game and if I recall the player's character was the theif. But you can't deny Sabin was a legend, as was Cyan.

Also, in a weird sexist way, I can't accept female leads in videogames were there are also male central characters.

For example, Lara Croft I can understand, but for me Jill or Claire from RE are simple placeholders for Leon or Chris. I'm the same with comics, I don't rate WW or Storm, strong, popular female icons, I just don't care.

I don't mean to be a gimp, I'm just being honest.

Woof steady on! It was only me, so thats jerk singular.

Secondly, I only got throught half the game and if I recall the player's character was the theif. But you can't deny Sabin was a legend, as was Cyan.

Also, in a weird sexist way, I can't accept female leads in videogames were there are also male central characters.

For example, Lara Croft I can understand, but for me Jill or Claire from RE are simple placeholders for Leon or Chris. I'm the same with comics, I don't rate WW or Storm, strong, popular female icons, I just don't care.

I don't mean to be a gimp, I'm just being honest.
I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who said Chris was the main character of Resident Evil. I and my friends have always viewed it as Jill's story. I see Resident Evil II and 4 to be Leon's, Code Veronica to be Claire's, and Resident Evil 5 will be Chris', probably.

I haven't played the game in a awhile. Tonight was the first time I've played in a LONG time because I finally got my own PS2.
I'm stuck at Mattheus. Vaan is lvl 27, while everyone else is 23. Is that too low?

I don't think I've ever talked to anyone who said Chris was the main character of Resident Evil. I and my friends have always viewed it as Jill's story. I see Resident Evil II and 4 to be Leon's, Code Veronica to be Claire's, and Resident Evil 5 will be Chris', probably.
well Chris is one of the main characters in RE1. He probably meant that he should have been reused as the main character in RE 3, in place of Jill. He and Jill got equal time until that game

I haven't played the game in a awhile. Tonight was the first time I've played in a LONG time because I finally got my own PS2.
I'm stuck at Mattheus. Vaan is lvl 27, while everyone else is 23. Is that too low?
I cant remember where I was at but if you are really having major troubles defeating him, then yes you are too low. Everything in the main story should be no problem to defeat as long as you are leveling correctly. I say go spend some time just fighting other enemies to raise your level up a bit and then go back to this boss

well Chris is one of the main characters in RE1. He probably meant that he should have been reused as the main character in RE 3, in place of Jill. He and Jill got equal time until that game

:up:

I love levelling, its better than sex. Were do you reckon are the best places to level up? Im caught between most enemies being extra easy and the minority being incredibly hard.

Im lv.34, and Im in the Mosphoran Highwastes for the first time.

Out of interests, how is everyone's team set up? Who is what class for you? What kind of weapons to they have?

Me-

Vaan- Swords Tank
Basch- Swords Tank
Balthier - Guns Ranged/Support
Ashe- Bow White Mag
Penelo- Poles Green/Black Mag
Fran- Samuria Swords misc

:up:

I love levelling, its better than sex. Were do you reckon are the best places to level up? Im caught between most enemies being extra easy and the minority being incredibly hard.

Im lv.34, and Im in the Mosphoran Highwastes for the first time.

Out of interests, how is everyone's team set up? Who is what class for you? What kind of weapons to they have?

Me-

Vaan- Swords Tank
Basch- Swords Tank
Balthier - Guns Ranged/Support
Ashe- Bow White Mag
Penelo- Poles Green/Black Mag
Fran- Samuria Swords misc
I think this game is setup up so that as you progress the stories, the areas you come across are great for levelling. Since you are at the Mosphoran Highwastes and at lv 34, I suggest leveling there. The enemies should be around lv 31-32ish. If they are too difficult, then you can go to The Estersand from the South Bank village, if you've unlocked the ferry.

As far as my team, I have

Vaan - Thief; Sword Tank at first but once I got the Zodiac Spear, he was using that
Basch - Sword Tank
Balthier- Gun Ranged
Ashe - Sword; White/Green Mage
Penelo - Dagger/Pole; Time Mage
Fran - Bow; Black Mage

My main team consisted of Vaan, Bash and Ashe for the most part. Towards the end when I got the Fohamut, I swapped Balthier in for Basch

I opened the wrong chest at the wrong time, so no Zodiak Spear for me.

:down:
I found out after I had opened a chest, but I was still fairly early into the game to start over. This weapon rocks. It pretty much saved my team quite a few times

Thanks for rubbing it in.

I couldn't be arsed to start again. Apparently the Tournesol and Excalibur are pretty good, thats what I'm hoping anyway.

I think this game is setup up so that as you progress the stories, the areas you come across are great for levelling. Since you are at the Mosphoran Highwastes and at lv 34, I suggest leveling there. The enemies should be around lv 31-32ish. If they are too difficult, then you can go to The Estersand from the South Bank village, if you've unlocked the ferry.

As far as my team, I have

Vaan - Thief; Sword Tank at first but once I got the Zodiac Spear, he was using that
Basch - Sword Tank
Balthier- Gun Ranged
Ashe - Sword; White/Green Mage
Penelo - Dagger/Pole; Time Mage
Fran - Bow; Black Mage

My main team consisted of Vaan, Bash and Ashe for the most part. Towards the end when I got the Fohamut, I swapped Balthier in for Basch

My Team is:
Vaan - Sword/Magic Tank
Basch - Hammer Tank, I wanna get to two handed swords for him.
Balthier- Crossbow/gun
Ashe- Pole/Mage
Penelo - Ninja blade/dagger/summoner
Fran - Bow/White Mage

My team usually consist of Vaan, Fran, and Basch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"