The Official Final Fantasy XII Thread

Ravensford said:
Yes! Thank you for the R2 tip! It's much better now. Is it easier to hit with just one person or with more? Can I just hold down the R2 button and the buttons for all of my chars to hit it as it comes up?

More characters means more combinations. I don't think it matters which one goes, but the more characters in your party and the more Quickenings they have, the better chance you have of initiating a combo. I don't know how it works, but if you manage to pull off certain combos with all the characters, then it initiates a powerful attack at the end which hits multiple enemies. I think the most basic one occurs if you manage to make all three characters pull off a Quickening. Don't quote me on that.

I don't know about your second question. You might try it out and get back to us.

Substance D said:
Look, I thought your points were pretty valid from the beginning. It seemed you knew your stuff, and formed a reasonable opinion. Then you started copying articles from Wikipedia without giving a source, masking your lack of FF lore and hoping that no one would care enough to check.

Am I supposed to be writing a college thesis here that I have to list my sources and references? Or am I using any unlicensed resource for personal monetary benefit? The reason I use Wikipedia is to double check my facts. Plus, there are a number of instances in this argument where I clearly stated when and where said evens occur in the games themselves, something that Wiki doesn't do. One needs a critical organ called a brain to process all this "complex" information and your failure to do so

This after claiming to be a fan of the series.

I am. There's nothing you can say or do to prove otherwise.

Then you insult my spelling, when you can't even spell Braska right. That's worse than my error, because I was going off of spoken dialogue. Venat is never mentioned on any website or literature connected to the game. You spelled Braska wrong after being surrounded by the name countless times. Talk about brainfarts...

I can't even keep track of how many times you've recycled the "reading comprehension" argument against me, yet have clearly shown a distinct inability to grasp the obvious. I'll just reply to this tangent of yours with a previous quote:

Fenrir said:
It was a typo, dumbass, not a deliberate misspelling blunder like yours. Can't you even figure that out after seeing I used "Brasca" only once but "Braska" several other times?

Fenrir said:
You moron, most of the information about the history between Jecht, Braska and Auron is contained in the Jecht Spheres that trigger cutscenes whenever you find one. "Supplemental literature"?

Fenrir said:
He refused to marry the daughter of a high priest and was cast out. Braska too was deemed an outcast for marrying a "heathen" Al Bhed woman who bore him a child that was half al-Bhed. Since both men shared a common ground, Braska enlisted Auron to become his guardian.

Fenrir said:
He didn't "raise" Tidus, you nitwit. Tidus knew of him as his father's friend. Since both were Braska's guardians.

:whatever:

Your views on the storyline would have been valid, but you show lack of comprehension on the game's most clearly defined plot developments.

Yet it is you who has been consistently sidestepping the points that have been raised thus far. Irony is a ***** indeed.

The characters clearly explain what is happening, yet it slips your grasp. Poor reading comprehension indeed.

I never said that the characters don't explain what is happening, chimpy. I said what is there is not enough in terms of character development and plot diversity.

"Poor reading comprehension indeed."

L-A-W-L.

And that's not even including the Gamespot article you so heavily endorsed, yet in the end had nothing to do with any problems you brought up in your argument.

Isn't it funny that even the most insulting verbal provocations aren't enough to coax you to properly read my posts:

Fenrir said:
Jesus...read you incorrigible bane of humanity you, READ!

Fenrir said:
The review states that FFXII has "a good story (as a game) overall" and by all accounts I agree. But it doesn't compare FFXII's storyline to other Final Fantasies or even that of other games that have a much better story. My criticism was aimed at showing how high did the storyline of FFXII measure up against other similarly acclaimed games in it's class and the result is not good enough.

It's clear you're losing ground, Fenrir. You can't even make a decent argument anymore.

Says the one who resorts to childish and pitiful tactics by running away cyring to the mods because he's getting slapped around in an argument. Your failure in sufficiently responding to two posts of mine makes it abundantly clear who's "losing ground" and "can't make a decent argument anymore". Bet that shot to the foot feels mighty good right about now, doesn't it chuck?

Half of your posts consist of insults and finger pointing. No one can take you seriously anymore. Who knows how much of your past arguments have been copied and pasted. You're a joke. For someone quick to jump on other's flaws and inconsistencies, you sure do make alot of mistakes and misintrepretations yourself. You're a hypocrite.

Ah, so you jump on me for insulting and finger-pointing, yet in the very same paragraph, have no qualms with calling me "a joke" and a "hypocrite". A paradox unto thyself art thou of epic proportions.

It's no use arguing with you anymore. Yes, I know you'll take that as a sign of weakness and probably won't let me hear the end of it.

That's because it is. No way around it, junior.

The truth is, you're just not worth it.

Pity you didn't realize it sooner when you got your panties in a bunch over my criticism of the game in the first place.

"fenrir said something bad about FF12?! OMG WTF!!1!!!"
vandamme_yell.gif

This time though, read past the first paragraph.

I suggest you do the same when going through my own posts.

MrHateYourself said:
It's too bad that you don't have the option to....I dunno....NOT read the thread. :whatever:

Why would you come in this thread if you don't want spoilers, anyway? That is the most ******ed thing EVER. "Guys, let's talk about Final Fantasy 12, BUT....we can't say ANYTHING ABOUT IT."

Consider this thread as a door. If you open it and find your parents having sex, whose fault is it? YOURS, for opening the door. At least THIS door is clearly labeled "Parents Having Sex".
Some of us want to discuss the game without having the entire plot spoiled for us. I've had to scroll down a lot of stuff as there was no warning as to the spoilers that were on the way, but I haven't been able to avoid learning things I didn't want to.

Finally got my copy yesterday. Spent a good deal playing it, now I'm stuck on a mini-quest of sort's helping some guy's wife get medicine for a sick patient. Just where the Hell are the "Broken Sands"? I risked life and limb just looking for it and still ain't sure where it is

Substance D said:
First, the information he posted about Auron isn't even in the game. It's from supplemental literature. This quote is the only refernce from the game Wikipedia had:

I'm not getting involved in this, but just for the record, even if it is from Wikipedia and supplemental literature, it is probably true. In Japan developers will release countless magazines, books, etc on the game and its characters that don't make it into the game. They are straight from the developers mouthes.

Matt said:
I'm not getting involved in this, but just for the record, even if it is from Wikipedia and supplemental literature, it is probably true. In Japan developers will release countless magazines, books, etc on the game and its characters that don't make it into the game. They are straight from the developers mouthes.

Whatever the case, that particular information that Substance D was talking about as being lifted from "supplemental literature" is a B.S claim. Not only is it in the game, but I had also cited when exactly is said information revealed in the game.

Avalanche said:
How childish.

How incredibly blind and ******ed of you to miss those smileys, son. I take it they always mean something when followed by words, don't they?

Again, grow a thicker skin, you whining crybaby. :down:

I havent been able to play this nearly as much as I should have. I just beat the first Judge last week and on headed on my way out west

Fenrir said:
How incredibly blind and ******ed of you to miss those smileys, son. I take it they always mean something when followed by words, don't they?

Again, grow a thicker skin, you whining crybaby. :down:
Again, you profess to be such a reasoned debator, and post something like that.

You're fast becoming the new Horrorfan. :whatever:

Avalanche said:
Again, you profess to be such a reasoned debator, and post something like that.

You're fast becoming the new Horrorfan. :whatever:

It was a referential response to Substance D crying his heart out over how much Oblivion "sucked" compared to FFXII. And it's not meant to be taken seriously, even though it's a classic rub to the face. And the debate was over long ago, chucky. Getting your hypersensitive panties in a bunch because of such a harmless little comment. Get off my back already.

So...

I've completed the storyline up to Mt Bur-Omisace. I've finished all of the available hunts, but I'm trying to clear up everything else I can do. Can anyone offer some suggestions? I can't get onto Gamefaqs due to the company firewall here. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Is there an easier way to make money in this game.:huh:

Money is very constrained for me at this point in the game. Maybe doing the hunts? I haven't touched those.

chosen1 said:
Is there an easier way to make money in this game.:huh:

The two best money makers are hunts and kill lots of stuff. Best deal is to chain the skeletons in the Lhuzu Mines. The bone chips add up quickly and make for good cash. 99 Bone Fragments sell for 19107 gil

After that, farm Demonsbane swords in Tomb of Raithwall 3000gil each and if you chain the tallows, you can get broadaxes.

If you're farther along than that, check out Arthellinus's Power Walkthrough on GameFaqs.

Now, who's got some suggestions for me? :cwink:

Money is very easy to make in this game. Your nto gonna get much gil from kills but thats not how its supposed to be. The majority of the money you make will be from selling loot. Just set at least one of your active characters gambits to steal and that should do the trick. Youd be amazed at how easliy your loots start to build up. Dump them out every few hours and you should rack some cash pretty quickly

So making a Gambit that is:

When: Enemy < %50 health Action: Steal

or whatever would bea good idea then. :o

I'm pretty much grinding until I'm good enough to bea the first monstertrap in Raithwalls Tomb.

Does Chaining give you any more advantages aside from better item drops?

Still digging the game so far.

Also I was wondering what use do the Earth Water Wind etc stones have? I have tons.

After 5 months and 115 clocked in game hours, I finally beat FFXII. I didnt even finish everything and decided to stop doing the sidequests bc this game had taken up too much of my time and I wanted to move onto other things. It was a great game but I preferred the story in FFX. I liked that XII had one that was simpler and easier to follow but I liked the connection to the characters in FFX better though. XII however owned when it came to gameplay. I loved the battle system and hope all future games have a variation of it bc its hard to go back to the old style

FFXII is really weird for me. It's like when I play it I have fun, but the second I put it down I don't have any compulsion to pick it up again... :ninja:

But I mean I have a lot of fun when I'm playing it so what gives? :huh: Maybe this ties into my general apathy with MMORPGs and how similar FFXII feels to one.

I need to like restart the game and stick with it this time. It's absurd that I have so much fun playing the game but still haven't gotten past Raithwalls Tomb because I only play it once in a blue moon. :o

So making a Gambit that is:

When: Enemy < %50 health Action: Steal

or whatever would bea good idea then. :o

I'm pretty much grinding until I'm good enough to bea the first monstertrap in Raithwalls Tomb.

Does Chaining give you any more advantages aside from better item drops?

Still digging the game so far.

Also I was wondering what use do the Earth Water Wind etc stones have? I have tons.

I reach the fifties chaining level when travelling west, and as well as superior quality and quantity of items received, buffs and health bonuses can be attained. I also got Shell and Protect for all the current party automatically sometime in the 40's.

I've just finished the Henne Mines, level 25 for all my party.
Belias is useless, and I rarely rely on Gambits.

Hunts are awesome side quests, but don't try beating the White Mousse unless your WAY over level 22. I got my ass beat.

Everyone needs to chill out. Some of the arguing here is unessecary, and pointless.

Finally beat the White Mousse, my nemesis for nigh on a month now.
I'd advise people not to rely on Quickenings for long drawn out battles.

Use them as finishers, never at the beginning like I used to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"