Fan Review Thread SPOILERS INSIDE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, now that we know that this film is doing okay financially, I think Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings shouldn't be in the next one. IMO, a Thor film won't be truly great until they cut ties with all of the earth scenes.

I doubt Thor without Earth and it's characters is anything the GA wants to see. If I know there's no Jane, Darcy (grumbling...I don't love her but she's a draw) or even Selvig, I will wait for DVD. I guess it depends on why you watch the movie and what background you come from. These films can't rely solely on comic book readers. It's a fraction of the viewers. But who knows. Maybe they will. Then again, if this movie makes a crap-ton of money like we all know it will, they'll stick with what brings the Benjamins.

Gonna catch a lot of flack for this but I would say that the superhero movie to ironically have the best use of humor is the Dark Knight trilogy. Fancy that, dark, brooding Batman does humor the best.

mj-laughing.gif

I know it's you opinion but thanks for the laugh mate. Cheers.:funny: That line when Batman says So that's what it feels like' was funny too. There were some good humour in TDK trilogy but nothing never made me laugh as much as I do in the MCU films especially, this movie, IM3 and The Avengers.:D

Last edited:
I agree.

In the third batman movie, the dark knight rises, when batman speaks to catwoman on top of a roof, she disappears and he can't find her, and then he says in his batman voice "so that's what that feels like". It is the funniest line in any comic book movie for me. It's an earned joke and it fits the scene rather than taking away from it.

There were a few funny moments in Thor 2. I liked a lot of the banter between Loki and Thor when they were escaping from Asgard. It made sense that Loki would trash talk in that situation.

The funny part of the Batman scene to me is that he keeps talking in his Batman voice when he's alone.

mj-laughing.gif

I know it's you opinion but thanks for the laugh mate. Cheers.:funny:

Thats fine, it's because you have no inkling of subtlety and can probably only find humor when its shoved down your throat like in Thor 2.

Mjölnir;27134763 said:
The funny part of the Batman scene to me is that he keeps talking in his Batman voice when he's alone.

:doh: Yeah like why?

Thats fine, it's because you have no inkling of subtlety and can probably only find humor when its shoved down your throat like in Thor 2.

I didn't find the humour like what you're describing here.:dry: For me personally, the humour in the movie made the experience so much better. I like to laugh, I just dont want to see bland humourless CBMs all the time, even TDK trilogy had some humour too. For me, one of the funniest parts in the movie was when Loki was trash talking in the ship and Thor throws him out.:funny:

Are you kidding me? So you know comedy better than other people because you don't find Thor 2 funny? You, sir, are a *****e. Everyone has their own taste and you're giving TeeKay flack for finding something funny that you don't. How very pretentious and snobby of you. :whatever:

Mjölnir;27134763 said:

Of course he does. He needs to feel like Batman consistently when he's wearing the suit, even if nobody is around. The persona is not just for others but for himself.

I still maintain it's more of an age thing. I can see why teenagers would find a crazy scientist streaking outside Stonehenge to be funny.

The difference in the humour in Thor 2 and the Nolan Batman films is like the difference between orange crush and red wine, respectively. The one you prefer as a drink to have with your steak strongly depends on your age.

Are you kidding me? So you know comedy better than other people because you don't find Thor 2 funny? You, sir, are a *****e. Everyone has their own taste and you're giving TeeKay flack for finding something funny that you don't. How very pretentious and snobby of you. :whatever:

Thanks for sticking up for me.:up:

Of course he does. He needs to feel like Batman consistently when he's wearing the suit, even if nobody is around. The persona is not just for others but for himself.

MMmmmm
thoughtful-oprah.gif

It doesn't affect that it's funny.

I still maintain it's more of an age thing. I can see why teenagers would find a crazy scientist streaking outside Stonehenge to be funny.

The difference in the humour in Thor 2 and the Nolan Batman films is like the difference between orange crush and red wine, respectively. The one you prefer as a drink to have with your steak strongly depends on your age.

:doh:So what you're trying to say here is that the people who enjoyed the humour in this movie are either teenagers or they simply think like teeengers?:whatever: I find that kinda insulting to the older people who watched this movie and enjoyed it.

Oprah peddled The Secret on her show, so I have little respect for her judgment.

Anyway, as annoying as the Batman voice was to some people, at least it was intelligible, which is more than I can say for Thor's voice. Maybe I'll watch Thor 2 with subtitles one day and enjoy it more.

I doubt it. If we apply the same pseudo-analytic logic on your comment about Darcy then that's teenager hormone stuff.

I think it's just you who is doing a pretty obvious attempt at claiming superiority. There's several such indications in your rhetoric and it's not very classy.

:doh:So what you're trying to say here is that the people who enjoyed the humour in this movie are either teenagers or they simply think like teeengers?:whatever: I find that kinda insulting to the older people who watched this movie and enjoyed it.

If you were amused by the crazy scientist streaking outside of stonehenge and later saying that he concentrates better in his underwear then you're either a teenager/pre-teen or you think like one.

I remember in third grade a bunch of us were watching TV and there was an underwear commercial... we all started laughing uncontrollably. That's what those scenes were about.

i am not a teenager, and i found the humour to be perfect
the scene with the streaking selvig drew laughs out of everyone in a theatre, and there were very few teenagers or kids there

Oprah peddled The Secret on her show, so I have little respect for her judgment.

Anyway, as annoying as the Batman voice was to some people, at least it was intelligible, which is more than I can say for Thor's voice. Maybe I'll watch Thor 2 with subtitles one day and enjoy it more.

You're really going to boast about intelligibility from a series that boasts throat cancer Batman and mumbling Bane? Yeah alright.

That's nice and all .... except for the fact that there are adults in the crowd finding the humor in this film palatable.

The comedic snobbery on this thread is ridiculous. Basically, what DA and Ultra Nolanite (cool name, bro) are saying is that if you think Thor 2 is funny, you have the maturity of a child. I'd like to think that I find Thor 2 funny because I don't have my head firmly planted up my ass.

The comedic snobbery on this thread is ridiculous. Basically, what DA and Ultra Nolanite (cool name, bro) are saying is that if you think Thor 2 is funny, you have the maturity of a child. I'd like to think that I find Thor 2 funny because I don't have my head firmly planted up my ass.

It's flat out embarrassing. The fact that they need to insult others just proves that their insecure with their own opinions, it's far more immature that any gag in any CB movie.

Mjölnir;27134861 said:
I doubt it. If we apply the same pseudo-analytic logic on your comment about Darcy then that's teenager hormone stuff.
Adult hormone stuff too :-)

I enjoy looking at beautiful women, though it's not enough for it to be a good movie in and of itself. I still need a good story.

Mjölnir;27134861 said:
I think it's just you who is doing a pretty obvious attempt at claiming superiority. There's several such indications in your rhetoric and it's not very classy.
This wasn't a very good movie. I'm frankly surprised you liked it given the many arguments you made against Man of Steel (I made similar arguments) apply comparably well to this movie.

You're really going to boast about intelligibility from a series that boasts throat cancer Batman and mumbling Bane? Yeah alright.

I agree with you about Bane, he also lacked intelligibility in my opinion, he's as bad as Thor.

639.gif

1709645.gif

Maybe you should get your ears checked mate, there might be too much wax in there. Seriously though, I don't know how you could understand Bale's voice in TDK trilogy and not understand what Thor was saying in this movie.:dry:

Adult hormone stuff too :-)

I enjoy looking at beautiful women, though it's not enough for it to be a good movie in and of itself. I still need a good story.

It doesn't change that with the kind of pseudo-analysis you're making it's just pubertal thinking.

This wasn't a very good movie. I'm frankly surprised you liked it given the many arguments you made against Man of Steel (I made similar arguments) apply comparably well to this movie.
Nice try, talking about something else than what I wrote.

You're free to bring up those things for discussion though. It would be more rewarding than your little attempts at trying to come off superior.

Did I ever say I didn't find the humor in Thor 2 funny ? I laughed at all of it my friend. But if you had read my post you would know I was talking about the actual USE of it. The jokes in Thor are funny but HOW it is used is not subject to opinion because it's a fact that the humor is more subtle and reserved in the Dark Knight Trilogy. And that's more my style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"