Deadpool DEADPOOL: User Review Thread (SPOILER FREE)

The best comic book movie of the year, and possibly the decade. A true adaption of the source material from start to finish. I give it a 9.5 out of 10.

Action, comedy and chimmichangas what more do you need a movie?

I would love it if you guys would check out my full review of the movie on the latest episode of my podcast Super Hero Speak. You can hear it by clicking here: http://media.blubrry.com/superherospeak/superherospeak.com/wp/PodCasts/SHSEp143.mp3

Thanks!

Just saw this for the second time tonight. Loooooved it. It definitely holds up.

I also saw it with a friend this time; she was not familiar with Deadpool. She absolutely loved the movie, and the character.

Yeah it's kind of cool that the population of Deadpool fans skyrocketed overnight.

I have to pinch myself sometimes.

I finally saw the movie today. I liked it and I give it an 8 out of 10. And while I found the movie as a whole to be funny, there were few scenes in the movie that made me laugh out loud.

In regards to the R rating and the R rated content, after watching this movie I am convinced more than ever that this movie could have easily been rated PG-13 with some editing,some reshoots,and the cutting out of a few scenes. The 3 minute sex scene and the brief nudity was was pointless and not necessary to the plot. It was not necessary or essential to the story for the F bomb to be dropped multiple times in this film. The movie was no where near as gory and bloody as I thought that it would be. bad place, there were even some violent scenes that didn't even have a single drop of blood (much less gore) in them. They could have either edited the blood down or completely out of this movie using CGI.

Still. Processing. Loved this. It's as if the filmmakers got into my head and found out what I wished for, not only from a Deadpool movie, but from an action movie in general (I'm a 1980s movie nut, so they tapped right into my heart with this one, while still having it be modern and up to date).

I'll elaborate further down the line!

9/10 from me (my favorite comic book movie since The Dark Knight).

Finally saw it last night. I really liked it. The best Fox, superhero comicbook movie made by far.

I really don't know much about the characters, but from what I do know of them, they really nailed each character perfectly. Especially Colossus, he was ripped right from every medium I've seen him in (comics, cartoons, video games) much better than the previous American Colossus.

And the director, I had no idea who he was, but he knocked it out of the park. And come to find out he made those cgi shorts starring Spider-Man, Iron Man and the Hulk. I remember thinking back then, "why can't they get the people or person that did this to make a full length comic book movie". Well they get him and he makes something like this.

Hopefully this teaches Fox (and other studios) to embrace the comics and not throw crap out like the Fant4stic.

great movie, 9/10 (no movie is perfect)

OVERALL

Loved how the first half was interspersed with the origin stuff

The opening credits rivals Watchmen for the best opening credits in superhero movies. So amazingly well done.

Most of the jokes landed and although low brow and crude were just plain funny. Plenty of laughs from the crowd in the cinema

I was thinking the after credit scene could be a piss take of post-credit scenes and then he parodied the buller one so that was cool

Loved his mentioning how deserted the X-Mansion was. That was actually on my mind at the time and him referencing it was just cake.

Him teasing Ajax with his real name was awesome for me as that was a really memorable part of the Kelly origin and I loved that so seeing it on film was brilliant.

The romance stuff was done real il well too. Both broken characters finding a bit of love was nice to see and it being as rude as it was made it feel more natural than most movie romances

The cancer parts were so brutally emotional and concerning that if you took that out and showed that to someone they'd think it a cancer drama.

CHARACTERS:

Deadpool:

Perfection. 10/10

Vanessa:

Loved how their romance was so non-typcial of Hollywood and how she's so sexual but on her terms like the sitting on his face joke at the end

Weasel:

Miller played him really well. He was funny and a good BFF

Colossus:

Hands down the best Colossus we've seen and there's no going back for him. Loved how he was so moral which was a great foil to Deadpool chaos.
The 4-5 moments and Pool just straight up killing Ajax and saying Colossus was basically monologuing was brilliant and him being all gentlemanly over Angel Dusts wardrobe malfunction was beyond cool.

Dopinder:

Hope he returns as Pools driver in future. Him kidnapping his love rival while obviously terrible in the real world was just really cool and funny in-movie.

Blind Al:

She was cool and it was great to see some crassness coming from an old character. I think they handled the origin of their relationship well as her being his prisoner/maid wouldn't ingratiate Wade to audiences

Negasonic:

She was okay, I thought there'd be more to her and felt they used her best parts in the trailers.

Angel Dust and Ajax

Both serviceable as villains but nothing special. Shame there wasn't Killbrew

Verdict: 9/10

Excellent adaption of Deadpool in a well-written and fun action comedy

Last edited:
Finally I had the time to see Deadpool last night, and it was far from what one could define as a "great movie", or even a great superhero movie at that. It wasn't a BAD film, but it did not impress me in anything beyond the action choreography and the overall design/formation of the Wade Wilson/Deadpool character.

Wilson as a character was relatively well-developed, and he did have a somewhat entertaining sense of humor. But that said, I only remember giggling maybe about 5 or 6 times at any of the intended humor that was presented before the audience (coming from Wade or otherwise), and only about twice do I remember actually LAUGHING. He kept beating a dead horse with the infinite sex jokes, and eventually they grew tiring.

But I would also like to add that the design of the cinematic Deadpool costume was very thoroughly-done, and that I appreciated. It WAS Deadpool through and through. And that is failing to mention that it looked gorgeous on-screen (in action sequences or otherwise). Oh, but I would like to add that Colossus and Warhead were kind of "just there", and added nothing of real interest to the film.

The story and antagonists that came with were both, I dare say, weak. There were definitely a few heavier/more satisfying moments in regards to the plot (Wade being diagnosed with terminal cancer and the emotional impact that left on himself and his friends, which included his love interest), but the storyline was bland and uninteresting in general. Wilson is diagnosed with supposedly incurable cancer, Ajax promises that he will cure him, Ajax mutates him during the operation which leaves him hideous and looking like "Freddy Krueger face-****ed a topographical map of Utah", Wilson despises Ajax for what he has done to his face/body and decides to hunt him down in an act of revenge. Believe me, this plot does not come remotely close to being executed as how it is read (in other words, it sounds more intriguing when you read the synopsis, but ultimately it is poorly-executed in-film). And with that comes Ajax (the primary antagonist) and his lackeys, which can all be described identically as the plot: boring and unoriginal. In other recent superhero films, the antagonists have successfully stolen the show for me, and I always end-up disappointed when they receive less screentime than I initially anticipated; but with "Deadpool", they possess zero intriguing qualities that only intensify the bland mood of the already underwhelming plot.

Action/fighting-wise, all I can say is that it was very pleasing, and rightfully gory/disgusting. Not much else to say save for the fact that the action-based scenes were generally fun to watch.

Should I give it a score, I think a 6.5/10 is appropriate. Not a bad superhero film, but it has it's fair share of flaws. These include: oversaturation of sexual jokes, failing to make me laugh throughout, and boring side-characters/antagonists coming with a storyline as flat as the state of Nebraska.

Finally had some time to see the film. It was a blast. Just a pure fun movie, to sit back and enjoy the ride. This isn't a movie you have to analyze too much. You could say it doesn't take itself too seriously, but at the same time it's very serious about getting the character right.

My two favorite parts are the Colossus "four moments" speech, and the 12 bullet scene.

I don't want to get too indepth with analyzing this, nor do I want to make any conjecture about what it means about CBM's and "crossover tie ins".

I think the best thing you can say is, "I laughed my ash off" and that's about all that needs to be said.

8/10

Finally had some time to see the film. It was a blast. Just a pure fun movie, to sit back and enjoy the ride. This isn't a movie you have to analyze too much. You could say it doesn't take itself too seriously, but at the same time it's very serious about getting the character right.

My two favorite parts are the Colossus "four moments" speech, and the 12 bullet scene.

I don't want to get too indepth with analyzing this, nor do I want to make any conjecture about what it means about CBM's and "crossover tie ins".

I think the best thing you can say is, "I laughed my ash off" and that's about all that needs to be said.

8/10

But which you can analyze, considering its top-notch script and directing, and how confidently it walks the tightrope between the different tones and timelines.

Yeah it's kind of cool that the population of Deadpool fans skyrocketed overnight.

I have to pinch myself sometimes.

Most of my friends and family didnt know who Deadpool was before the movie. Now we're all having conversations about who's gonna be the villain in the sequel and wondering whose gonna play Cable.

Saw it at the weekend. Thought it was hilarious, and a very refreshingly different take on the superhero genre. Reynolds was perfect as Deadpool; he was born to play this role and I'm glad to finally see him succeed in something comic-book related after 3 somewhat dubious previous attempts.

I love the fight scenes and the humour and lots of other things, but the thing I loved most was the film's ability to poke fun at itself. The gag that elicited most laughs at my showing was when ....

..... Deadpool peeks into the very quiet X-Men mansion (empty save for Negasonic and Colossus) and jokes that it's almost as if the producers could only afford two X-Men

But which you can analyze, considering its top-notch script and directing, and how confidently it walks the tightrope between the different tones and timelines.

True, I just mean don't miss the forest for the trees. This movie was executed perfectly but the biggest reason it works it because it's as irreverent and fun as the comics were.

This film reminds me a lot of Kickass tonally. I'm trying to decide which one I enjoyed more.

This film reminds me a lot of Kickass tonally. I'm trying to decide which one I enjoyed more.

That's a really tough one, Kick ash was the movie I thought of immediately after my first viewing of Deadpool also.

That's a really tough one, Kick ash was the movie I thought of immediately after my first viewing of Deadpool also.

KA had better action over all. Any fight with Hit Girl was just amazing. But DP did comedy better, even the non-meta 4th wall breaking bits.

Have you guys seen the tweets between Reynolds, Chris Evans, and Robert Downey Jr? Deadpool is Team Cap, just has to watch the swearing.

I actually don't think they have too much in common.

Yeah, they're both a raunchy and violent take on 'superhero movie' tropes.

But Kick-ash is pretty much a twisted coming of age story. Kind of a depraved Spider-Man. And Matthew Vaughn's direction is very stylized and surreal, while Tim Miller keeps things mostly grounded and realistic on Deadpool.

I think Deadpool shares more of a DNA with movies like Lethal Weapon, The Last Boyscout and True Lies, injected with superhuman elements and the rapid-fire humour of comedies such as Airplane or The Simpsons (the good seasons).

This movie was just tons of fun to watch, it's easily one of my top favorite CBMs ever! Admittedly I'm not really a fan of the Deadpool character, and most of my knowledge about him comes from the animated shows that he's been in (X-Men TAS, Ultimate Spider-Man) and some passing familiarity with the comic book source material.

Man did Ryan Reynolds absolutely kill it as Deadpool. I normally don't like him as an actor, but this was a role that just fit his smartass personality like a glove. :p Gotta give him major kudos for portraying a brilliantly comics-accurate Deadpool, from the violence to the attitude to the 4th-wall-breaking to the meta-everything.

And I was surprised at how much I laughed at most of the lines and Wilson's/Deadpool's reactions otherwise (I found his screaming-like-a-girl reactions hilarious). I actually didn't get his line "don't make my super suit green...or animated" until my 2nd viewing, and I loved that he poked fun at himself as Ryan Reynolds too (with the magazine cover and the quip about his acting talent). It was also great to see some actual expression on Deadpool's eye lenses—that was a nice touch, and proof that it CAN be done in live-action!

Also, best opening credits ever, especially loved the "Directed by an overpaid tool". :funny: The ending credits were equally great and had the audience rolling both times I saw it! That animated Deadpool was hilarious, actually wouldn't mind watching an animated show or movie with that version....

Last edited:
Saw this. Knew I would like it but was pleasantly surprised at just how much. Had none of the real cringeworthy moments that I was sure would appear. 8/10

FOX take note: *this* is how you handle a beloved superhero property. With respect. With creators who give a damn. With an eye towards making a good movie, not holding on to license rights. This is how you BUILD a franchise, not bury one.

It wasn't a BAD film, but it did not impress me in anything beyond the action choreography and the overall design/formation of the Wade Wilson/Deadpool character.

Wade is a former mercenary. His new powers amplifies his skills so his martials arts are impressive

Colossus want him to become x-man but he is not mutant but human mutate :loco:

Yeah Hepzibah, Longshot, Juggernaut, Fantomex .. have been x-man one time

I watched Deadpool again last night. It's not just my favourite CBM, it's my favourite movie of all time. I just think it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"