DEADPOOL: User Review Thread (SPOILER FREE)

Discussion in 'Deadpool' started by MessiahDecoy123, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Joined:
    Jan 12, 2007
    Came back from it and it was a good film Reynolds and miller knocked it out of the park 8.5/10

2. Webhead38 Registered

For a character I knew so little about, while appearing in a genre that I personally felt was getting tired and predictable, I found myself completely engrossed and laughing from the opening credits to the last scene after the credits - *** NOTE - Stay until the very end!!!

There is nothing out there that has ever come across with so much irreverence and outward intent to lampoon the genre. Yet through the course of making me laugh at these heroes (and the actors who have played them) the writers and director still find an engaging story to invest in from every emotional angle you could ever hope to grab in this environment.

It's a very unique film that will have you quoting dialogue for hours afterwards. In fact, this is one of those movies that will likely see you quoting it for years. Whoever tackled this treatment has iron-clad balls because it was absolutely against type and had to completely believe in itself all the way through to work effectively. There was never a moment when I felt this creative team pulling back. They laid it all out there in a way that not only broke down the fourth wall, but quite honestly served notice that taking this topic too serious is perhaps the worst direction other films can go at this stage.

It was a brilliant movie loaded with tremendous humor and more than some insightful commentary about the industry this genre exists in.

10/10

3. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

Saw it and I liked it. Can't say I loved it though. It similar to GotG in that way for me.

I think I saw too much given away in the trailers for me.

8/10 Which makes it the best Marvel film FOX ever made.

4. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

I can't help but wonder if the trailers giving away some of the biggest moments spoiled my viewing experience somewhat. I came out a few degrees colder than most (it's a good movie that is exactly as good as it needs to be) and I wouldn't be shocked if my familiarity with so much of the movie had small hand in that.

5. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

I considered that as well, but ultimately there were enough beyond the trailer moments to justify my "it's pretty good" response.

6. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Just saw it and loved it, probably one of my favorite superhero films and Deadpool isn't even a fave of mine. They did a great job at comedy/emotional/serious. All the costumes were on point..

I have to say that the way Colossus and Nega were portrayed in this film is how I would want an X-men to be/feel. Their costumes were the best X costumes to date imo.

7. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

It was definitely pretty good, theres no denying that.

Agreed with the overall aesthetic of the movie. A good bit of counter-programming from their normal approach.

8. Thorne Registered

I liked one review by someone who did not care for Deadpool (except in small doses) and even he was won over to really liking the movie. Even having a character like Negasonic Teenage Warhead who hardly even blinks at his antics seems to help win over reviews who don't have much affection for the titular character.

I've always liked Deadpool and for me the movie had everything I hoped for, lots of laughs and lots of gore. Style wise it seemed like a mashup of Marvel movies (even more so than the first three X-Men) and Kick-Ass. With how similar superhero movies have become, it's especially nice to have one which throws a sarcastic spin on the tropes. That it got a little slow around the middle is my only real complaint. I give it a solid 4/5, with the bonus that it makes me want to see more, and not just of Deadpool himself.

I strongly suspect that Deadpool's box-office opening will lead to the character's inclusion in the main X-Men movies in some (probably limited) capacity.

Who ever leaked the test footage 2 years ago now looks like a genius for saving the movie after nearly a decade of development hell.

9. JeetKuneDo Guitarist

Kinda like Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Not really necessary for "things to happen"....sometimes a movie just has to be well made to be a classic.

Funny. Doomsay obsession is an area of interest for me. I was going to catalog the number of movies which come out each year which deal in "doomsday"...and it's shocking how many there are. Even something light like The Croods revolves around doom. Most of our sci-fi is all about dystopian futures or something coming to destroy the earth (asteroids or aliens). We are an interesting species. We have always been obsessed with doom predictions.

10. JtheDreamer Slangin Grannys Peach Tea

Speak for yourself. The praise is warranted.

11. Slushy Registered

I felt like I was watching a comic book version of Shoot Em Up, but with it as being as funny / more funny than The Hangover.

It's part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe in my book. It's THAT good! I also enjoyed the soundtrack.

My only gripe was the movie going back and forth in the timeline. I hate the present time, flashback, present time, more flashbacks format.

#111 Slushy, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  12. marcvader Lurker #1

Its definitely not your typical FOX XMen take which I appreciate.

13. SomeOldGuy Registered

What a fun film! And in many ways not at all what I was expecting. It reminded me of Ant-Man in that Deadpool has a ton of heart. It's a very sweet movie in its own twisted way. Writing was sharp, performances were spot on and the music choices were inspired. Gets four out of four stars from me.

14. SuperSanchez I'm Not Mexican

Freakin awesome had! Had such a fun time! Although I feel like in some scenes they held back a bit and could've gone a bit more "all out" but nonetheless still so freaking fun and will definitely be watching it again in cinemas!

15. Joe Von Zombie Hell yeah!

Best X Men related movie to date.

16. Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

Absolutely loved it the first time. It held up to a second viewing.

10/10

17. Daywalker89 Blood's thicker than water

What a great film this was. Just balls to the wall stuff that i enjoy from time to time. Deadpool was a great surprise to the already stale formula of todays movies . The cast ,action and quips were solid. Oh and i saw this in 4DX (milton keynes) which took this film to another level. 8.5/10

18. Leenie Registered

Agreed. First Class was my favorite before this.

19. Doctor Jones It's All One Story

Saw this last night and I went in with very low expectations. But I was surprised how much I liked it. I can't ****ing stand Deadpool in the comics anymore and how annoying he's got. The guy is everywhere and I thought this movie was going to further contribute to my annoyance with the character but surprisingly, I am totally on board with film Deadpool. And God help me, it made me want to pick up a Deadpool comic again.

The biggest criticism is that this movie said it wasn't your average super hero movie but then the love interest just got captured and Deadpool had to save her. Uh... okay.

But a few other things aside, the thing that stuck out to me most was just the amount of heart this had. The writers really smartly stuck to some traditional writing to make that romance work and it really did. It's the core of Wilson's motivations and all the way to his origin story, it really, really works where you just buy into everything where it feels one with even the ridiculous tone. The humor and uniqueness works because it is a result of the solid fundamental story the writers installed. Not the other way around which I was worried about. I just thought this movie would only take the most superficial things about Deadpool (the irreverent humor, the fourth wall breaking) and just say, "This is unique and funny RIGHT?!" Like a 15 year old's dream movie. But I was glad to have been proven wrong on all accounts. This movie works for all the right reasons, even if you don't laugh at all the jokes (I laughed many of them) there's at least a concrete story there to be invested in.

I'm just glad this movie is good because it's good AND it's different. Not the other way around. It goes to show audiences still love comic book movies but they also love something different too if the movie is good. This movie deserves all the success it's getting. I'm very happy for Reynolds where it proves this was indeed his vehicle for all these years and it's finally paid off for him.

Five comic book movies coming out this year. One of them is not going to be good. It's a numbers game. And I thought this was the one that had the biggest chance of being that. But now I guess that leaves BVS. 8/10 and I want to see it again. I never thought I'd say that.

20. The Batman The Dark Knight

7.5/10 on a technical level, 10/10 on an enjoyment level.

Reynolds as Deadpool is probably the best superhero performance since RDJ's Iron Man.

Awesome use of Colossus and NSTW, funny supporting team all around.

Villains were bland, and the story felt kind of basic, but I did like the small scale nature of it.

21. nightwing06 Registered

When they talk about actors born to play certain Comic Book characters :Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman,Patrick Stewart as Professor X
    and Christopher Reeve as Superman,Ryan Reynolds as DeadPool will definitely be part of that list.
    Reynolds has the ad lib,gift of gab DeadPool/Wade Wilson posseses.
    This big screen version of the Merc with Mouth works so well because the writers of this film really did their homework,and everything about the
    character is brought to life in the film

It's raunchy and ultra violent.Silly and very funny.The chemistry between Reynolds and the beyond sexy Morena Baccarin as DeadPool's lady Vanessa
    is off the charts.
    Also great in the film are Stefan Kapičić as Colossus,Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Ed Skrein as Francis / Ajax and
    Gina Carano as Angel Dust.
    There is great salty banter between Deadpool and T.J. Miller as Weasel and Leslie Uggams as Blind Al
    The action sequences are great and fun especially the finale

My complaints are minor,some of the scenes felt a bit repetitive

Other than that this is a great comic book film and im looking forward to the sequel

Scale of 1-10 a 9

22. Drz Real Hero

Mah Blog post:

So yeah, just wish the action had been a tiny bit more engaging. Otherwise it was really great!

23. Paradox1 Registered

I gave the movie a 9.5/10 it was fabulous and I've seen it twice.

24. Euron Registered

Really enjoyable movie. I was never a fan of the character and was prepared to leave the theater with a straight face. But boy, was I wrong.

9/10 sounds about right.

25. Euron Registered

All of this.